SPICE model for BLDC ??

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 3 replies

I have created SPICE models for simple DC motors, and I am curious if any electronics guru could point me to a SPICE model for a brush-less DC...

I have created SPICE models for simple DC motors, and I am curious if any electronics guru could point me to a SPICE model for a brush-less DC motor. I have searched on Google, but the SPICE models on various Web sites always seem to be for the simple DC motor. Thanks in advance for your help.

Adjusting PC Hyperthreading for Spice Simulation

Started by D from BC in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 53 replies

I have an old single core puter using hyperthreading with XP. If I got this right.. XP thinks it's got 2 CPU's. One thread will only use 50%...

I have an old single core puter using hyperthreading with XP. If I got this right.. XP thinks it's got 2 CPU's. One thread will only use 50% of CPU mips. So when I run spice, the CPU is only 1/2 working. The other half is for whatever...email,browser,OS stuff etc. I want spice to at full speed. Is there a way to set XP such that only my spice app gets nearly full CPU attention? When ...

Re: .s2p file in SPICE

Started by Helmut Sennewald in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 1 reply

"DeMarco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ac079202-5d47-46a4-b4af-367f6f56bc12@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I was given an S2P...

"DeMarco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ac079202-5d47-46a4-b4af-367f6f56bc12@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I was given an S2P (2-Port S-parameter) file and I need to use > it in a netlist in SPICE. I have only ever worked with SPICE models, > not with recorded data in SPICE. I believe that my S2P file might be > in a magnitude and phase angle format versu

SPICE model for brushed DC motor -- some questions

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 5 replies

Could some electronics guru please shed some light on this ? I created a SPICE model for a simple brushed DC motor. It is complete as it...

Could some electronics guru please shed some light on this ? I created a SPICE model for a simple brushed DC motor. It is complete as it includes the models for torque and inertia. When excited with a SPICE pulse or piece-wise linear model, the armature current, when plotted shows the upward and downward spikes, of the correct amplitude, as expected. Now when I replace the SPICE p...

Explanation of SPICE Parameters

Started by Tim Williams in sci.electronics.design2 months ago 9 replies

I can't find any useful references for MOSFET SPICE parameters. Does this information exist entirely in book form, or something? Example:...

I can't find any useful references for MOSFET SPICE parameters. Does this information exist entirely in book form, or something? Example: websites copypasting the SPICE 3f5 handbook. This says more-or-less what the parameters are (e.g., doping density of so-and-so, etc.), but not how they're used, what they do (no formula, no description, no intent). Even the ones that do (e.g., HSPI...

Astable multivibrator with MOSFET SPICE model

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 16 replies

Could some electronics guru point me to a working(i.e., correctly simulates) astable multivibrator SPICE model with MOSFET only. I have two...

Could some electronics guru point me to a working(i.e., correctly simulates) astable multivibrator SPICE model with MOSFET only. I have two working BJT based astable multivibrator SPICE models. However, my MOSFET based astable multivibrator model, works as per hand calculation, but shows no oscillations with a regular SPICE .TRAN analysis. I have tried the standard SPICE tricks, as havi...

Which spice?

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 15 replies

Want to run spice on this machine. Its running Avlinux 6.04, debian based to some extent. Package manager lists: gwave - waveform viewer...

Want to run spice on this machine. Its running Avlinux 6.04, debian based to some extent. Package manager lists: gwave - waveform viewer for spice simulators easyspice - graphical frontend for spice ngspice gspiceui - graphical user interface for ngspice & gnucap gnucap - circuit analysis package Presumably I'd pick ngspice, which I've not encountered before, does it need easyspice ...

PDF in Spice

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 15 replies

I've had a few instances where I was interested in seeing the probability density function of a waveform, the voltage histogram, in LT...

I've had a few instances where I was interested in seeing the probability density function of a waveform, the voltage histogram, in LT Spice. I never came up with a decent way to display that within Spice. Any ideas? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtec...

LT Spice question

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 104 replies

Hi, I have the AD8014 Spice model from Analog Devices, and I have LT Spice. The model file AD8014.cir starts with... AD8014 SPICE...

Hi, I have the AD8014 Spice model from Analog Devices, and I have LT Spice. The model file AD8014.cir starts with... AD8014 SPICE model * Node assignments * non-inverting input * | inverting input * | | positive supply * | | | negative supply * | | ...

Spice Model Problems?

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 18 replies

I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very...

I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very well, or has serious issues. I'll try my hand at modeling the device and post my results on these newsgroups and on the LTspice list. It would be helpful if, when you make a suggestion, you state where and how it fails to match up with claimed data sh...

Spice Model Needed...

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design9 months ago 8 replies

Spice Model Needed... Does anyone know of a _device-level_ Spice model for a 74HC05 open-drain inverter? I could write one, but there's not...

Spice Model Needed... Does anyone know of a _device-level_ Spice model for a 74HC05 open-drain inverter? I could write one, but there's not a lot of accurate specification information out there. I need a device-level model since my client's application dumps a capacitor. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson ...

AD834 Spice Model Updated

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 1 reply

The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of...

The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my Website, adding in the Spice model for RNOISELESS, and also an LTspice schematic symbol. Performance has been verified by Helmut Sennewald. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson ...

Spice Notation Question

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 3 replies

I have a customer using _Microcap_ who claims that this notation.... .PRINT AC DB(V([OUT])/V([IN_AMP])) means print the dB DIFFERENCE...

I have a customer using _Microcap_ who claims that this notation.... .PRINT AC DB(V([OUT])/V([IN_AMP])) means print the dB DIFFERENCE between V(OUT) and V(IN_AMP). I can't find such notation in the reference manual. Can this be correct? (I created a Spice model for the customer. Models runs on all brands of Spice EXCEPT Microcap which gives an "underflow" error.) ...

LM317 in LT Spice

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 1 reply

Surprisingly, LTC makes an LM317 http://www.linear.com/product/LM317 But LT Spice doesn't seem to have a model. Does anybody have a...

Surprisingly, LTC makes an LM317 http://www.linear.com/product/LM317 But LT Spice doesn't seem to have a model. Does anybody have a working LT Spice sim that includes an LM317? -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digit...

parser for spice macros?

Started by Newsgroups in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 10 replies

Is there a good tool that will review the contents of Spice macros? When I try to compile the Spice model for the AD8330, I get the useless...

Is there a good tool that will review the contents of Spice macros? When I try to compile the Spice model for the AD8330, I get the useless warning "bad expression statement" in my old version of Tina Pro. No line number is given. I haven't found anything in the Tina FAQ that says what "bad expression statement" might mean, and there are no forums for Tina I've come across. I expec...

SPICE simulation -- how to bias a crystal oscillatoir

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 26 replies

Could some electronics/SPICE guru please help ? I have a simple model of a quartz crystal, as used in an oscillator. With my SPICE simulation, I...

Could some electronics/SPICE guru please help ? I have a simple model of a quartz crystal, as used in an oscillator. With my SPICE simulation, I can measure both the parallel and series resonant frequencies of the "pure" crystal. However, when I attach the same crystal to a biasing circuit, and run the simulation, the output is a flat DC offset. The biasing circuit involves two CMOS(1.0u m...

half-sine

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 16 replies

I need to Spice a pretty good Gaussian pulse. So I'm thinking square pulse and a biggish, like 6 pole, Bessel lowpass filter. But wait, will...

I need to Spice a pretty good Gaussian pulse. So I'm thinking square pulse and a biggish, like 6 pole, Bessel lowpass filter. But wait, will Spice make somethig better as the starting point? Duh, it will generate a half-sine. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53724080/Circuits/Spice/Half_Sine.jpg That should be a lot easier to filter than a pulse. Any other ideas for making a nic...

AN: New Spice Model Posted to my Website

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 1 reply

New Spice Model Posted to my Website: Every Spice Simulator has their own proprietary way of implementing digital functions... LTspice Digital...

New Spice Model Posted to my Website: Every Spice Simulator has their own proprietary way of implementing digital functions... LTspice Digital Primitives don't play on PSpice, PSpice Digital Primitives don't play on LTspice... neither play anywhere else. Thus I have rolled my own Spice Model for the venerable HC4538 one-shot that uses universal behavioral modeling for the digital elemen...

LM386 & Spice

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design9 months ago 38 replies

I need to sim an LM386 amp to see what decoupling caps are neded for stability on end of life batteries. Is there a Spice model for this anywhere?...

I need to sim an LM386 amp to see what decoupling caps are neded for stability on end of life batteries. Is there a Spice model for this anywhere? My LTSpice seems to lack any of the IC models I'm likely to use. NT

Analog division, current conveyors and SPICE

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 4 replies

Could some analog/SPICE guru please help ? I am running SPICE simulations on current conveyors, focusing analog computation. Specifically, I...

Could some analog/SPICE guru please help ? I am running SPICE simulations on current conveyors, focusing analog computation. Specifically, I am examining in detail analog division. I am referring to Sedra and Smith's 1970 paper. Given that a negative impedance converter shifts the phase of the input signal by 180 degrees, what would be the effect of analog division of one signal by ...