Aluminum Polymer

Started by Tim Williams in sci.electronics.design2 hours ago 21 replies

FYI, these can fail shorted. They don't smell all that good. (If there are chemistry differences, FYI the part is WE's...

FYI, these can fail shorted. They don't smell all that good. (If there are chemistry differences, FYI the part is WE's 870025574001.) Incidentally, not the thing I was expecting to fail. I was testing my new current limiter, exercising the TVS diodes. With a too-heavy load connected, pressing "START" delivers a ~150ms pulse. Spamming "START" makes the unit run ~continuously. The...

Buck regulator chips

Started by Phil Hobbs in sci.electronics.design2 hours ago 23 replies

Modern buck regulators seem to have way too many features that I can't turn off or customize. The otherwise very nice AOZ1282-1 snookered me...

Modern buck regulators seem to have way too many features that I can't turn off or customize. The otherwise very nice AOZ1282-1 snookered me by having a 600-us fixed short-circuit protection interval--it wouldn't start up into a 220 uF capacitor, even with a very light load. Fortunately, switching to 22 uF fixed it, and I had some with the right footprint. And then many go into stut...

Even Chinese Are Rejecting Mediocre American University Education

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design3 hours ago 61 replies

“If you can go to a top 10 university or a universities participating in project 211 or project 985, don’t come to the US and settle...

“If you can go to a top 10 university or a universities participating in project 211 or project 985, don’t come to the US and settle for a top 30 university,” Zhang said. “You will find that the quality of your classmates are generally lower, and your chances of making useful business connections are fewer.” “You will never get to se

How much lead?

Started by David Eather in sci.electronics.design3 hours ago 2 replies

Just a question, hopping someone has an idea. How much lead do you have to add to tin to stop wiskers forming? TIA -- The latest set of...

Just a question, hopping someone has an idea. How much lead do you have to add to tin to stop wiskers forming? TIA -- The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada, Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home routers. Who gave them permission to spy on our kids?

Low MOSFET IDSS current

Started by Mike Perkins in sci.electronics.design4 hours ago 17 replies

Most seem to specify 1uA, even at 25C. Can anyone point me to one that's affordable and more like 10nA? Most selection guides seem to miss...

Most seem to specify 1uA, even at 25C. Can anyone point me to one that's affordable and more like 10nA? Most selection guides seem to miss out this feature! Greatly appreciate any feedback. -- Mike Perkins Video Solutions Ltd www.videosolutions.ltd.uk

FPGA one-shot

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design4 hours ago 35 replies

I have an async signal, call it TRIG, inside a Zynq 7020. At the rising edge of TRIG, I want to make an async one-shot. It will leave the...

I have an async signal, call it TRIG, inside a Zynq 7020. At the rising edge of TRIG, I want to make an async one-shot. It will leave the chip as RX and reset some outboard ecl logic. Anything from, say, 2 ns to 10 ns width would work. The board is built, and we can't easily add more connections to the FPGA or hack in glue logic. Well, it would be ugly. Here are some ideas: https:...

Weird permeability curve

Started by Piotr Wyderski in sci.electronics.design4 hours ago 7 replies

While experimenting with my inductors, the Micrometals design software plotted the following graph (iron...

While experimenting with my inductors, the Micrometals design software plotted the following graph (iron powder): https://s18.postimg.org/gyx3fi989/weird_core.png Why does the inductance rises about 3 times as H increases? This looks very much like a lambda diode, may be useful. Best regards, Piotr

Funny! (Only for those who still know how to laugh)

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design7 hours ago 7 replies

Funny! (Only for those who still know how to laugh) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson ...

Funny! (Only for those who still know how to laugh) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | m

Re: Battery Difference between CR2032 and CR2025

Started by Sjouke Burry in sci.electronics.design12 hours ago 75 replies

fred.flintstone@thecave.com wrote in news:a0fa48poski1u7imevrk3jviugam1if5qc@4ax.com: > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I...

fred.flintstone@thecave.com wrote in news:a0fa48poski1u7imevrk3jviugam1if5qc@4ax.com: > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at > a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The > CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is > there any reason not to use the 2025? > > -------------- > > To thin to fi

Speaker Impedance

Started by OGee in sci.electronics.design13 hours ago 1 reply

I have one test instruments to test with, a VOM. I have several old speakers that I want to hook up to a amp I am trying to build. How do...

I have one test instruments to test with, a VOM. I have several old speakers that I want to hook up to a amp I am trying to build. How do I determine the impedance of the speakers with only a VOM ? What value of resistance would I measure across the speaker coil for different speaker impedance of say 4 or 8 or ? and other ohm speaker impedance ? Is there a table someplace ? TI...

Ask a Question to the Electronics-Related community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright