PSpice and LTSpice

Started by petrus bitbyter in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 8 replies

Lately I got a PSpice listing that differs wildly from the LTSpice listings used by LTSpice. Anyone knows a way to convert from PSpice to...

Lately I got a PSpice listing that differs wildly from the LTSpice listings used by LTSpice. Anyone knows a way to convert from PSpice to LTSpice? petrus bitbyter

LTspice Questions

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 1 reply

I know I can run a PSpice netlist in LTspice. How about data files? Can LTspice read a PSpice .dat file? Can PSpice Probe read an...

I know I can run a PSpice netlist in LTspice. How about data files? Can LTspice read a PSpice .dat file? Can PSpice Probe read an LTspice data file? Inquiring minds want to know ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | A...

PSPICE experts needed

Started by Franky in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 2 replies

Need an expert in PSPICE to design high voltage high frequency(high power) circuit. Please send email to pwelectronics@gmail.com.

Need an expert in PSPICE to design high voltage high frequency(high power) circuit. Please send email to pwelectronics@gmail.com.

LTspice to PSpice Conversion?

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design7 years ago

Anyone know if there's an LTspice to PSpice Schematics converter? And vice versa? It seems it should be relatively easy to do... both are...

Anyone know if there's an LTspice to PSpice Schematics converter? And vice versa? It seems it should be relatively easy to do... both are text format. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discret...

PSpice model for rechargeable batteries

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 1 reply

How can I get Orcad PSpice models and symbols for rechargeable batteries like lead-acid, Ni-Cd batteries etc.

How can I get Orcad PSpice models and symbols for rechargeable batteries like lead-acid, Ni-Cd batteries etc.

Re: BC337 hfe distribution

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design7 years ago

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:32:12 -0700, "Joel Koltner" wrote: > Hi Jim, > > "Jim Thompson" wrote in > message...

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:32:12 -0700, "Joel Koltner" wrote: > Hi Jim, > > "Jim Thompson" wrote in > message news:cjcvr5prd90rvnu494d5fqu92nh3lgos1n@4ax.com... > > PSpice supports LEVEL=1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (EKVv2.6), 6 (BSIM3v2.0), and 7 > > (BSIM3v3.2) > > Has that ever been a problem for you, yet -- that PSpice hasn't

UC3825 help with Pspice

Started by Waldes in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 1 reply

Hi all! I need simulation file for this IC. If someone has it, please share with me. I found here some files for UC3843, UC3842, but they...

Hi all! I need simulation file for this IC. If someone has it, please share with me. I found here some files for UC3843, UC3842, but they are current mode, and I want something with voltage mode for flyback converter, which has voltage regulated from 30V to 300V. So I will be gratefull for model UC3825 or information how to simulate in Pspice PWM modulator with Soft Start and limit max cur...

LTspice

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design7 years ago 20 replies

I was about to rave about LTspice, since I'd had good luck passing PSpice files to an LTspice user... running open-loop tests on a crystal...

I was about to rave about LTspice, since I'd had good luck passing PSpice files to an LTspice user... running open-loop tests on a crystal oscillator, then.... Run the circuit with crystal inserted, with a kick-start, same time-step set-ups as PSpice, and trying both Gear and Trap.... no go, rings a little and dies :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | Jam...

BJT fof FM transmitter???

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 2 replies

Hi, I'm looking for a BJT to build a simple FM transmitter (I'm very a beginner!) to pilot auto/aeromodels but I cannot find a good BJT for my...

Hi, I'm looking for a BJT to build a simple FM transmitter (I'm very a beginner!) to pilot auto/aeromodels but I cannot find a good BJT for my idea and to MODEL in Pspice ORCAD Demo Version... On pspice I have 2n2222 ... but I know 2n2369 has a little storage time... Does someone know more? And where i can find the "model" for circuit simulation... I'm real in dubt... Please help me... ...

PSpice Ratiometric Simulations

Started by Bob Penoyer in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 17 replies

This is not a school question. It's a real-life question. Suppose three resistors are connected to a common node. The other end of each...

This is not a school question. It's a real-life question. Suppose three resistors are connected to a common node. The other end of each resistor is connected to a voltage source. So V1 is connected to R1, V2 is connected to R2, and V3 is connected to R3. The opposite terminal of each resistor connects R1, R2, and R3 together. I want to use PSpice Monte Carlo to observe the voltage at t...

Ping Charlie Edmondson and Other Early PSpice Team members

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design4 years ago 1 reply

From the LTspice List... "analogspiceman" analogspiceman !!PING!! to Jim Thompson, Mike Engelhardt and anyone else who might posses...

From the LTspice List... "analogspiceman" analogspiceman !!PING!! to Jim Thompson, Mike Engelhardt and anyone else who might posses historical insider knowledge regarding PSpice... I am in the process of updating the depth and accuracy of the historical SPICE page over at the LTwiki: http://ltwiki.org/?title=LTspice_Genealogy_-_The_Heritage_of_Simulation_Ubiquity A while ago I ...

Re: micro power square wave oscillator

Started by Jonathan Kirwan in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 1 reply

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:19:23 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: > > Have you considered writing schematic conversion programs, say PSpice > to...

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:19:23 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: > > Have you considered writing schematic conversion programs, say PSpice > to Cadence Composer, or PSpice to SPE? I would pay real money for > that ;-) I don't have a professional need for schematic capture and simulation programs, not where either I or a client would pay for a

Shaped Noise Source (Simulation)

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design7 years ago 8 replies

Anyone with experience in creating a shaped noise source for AC analysis/simulation in Spice/PSpice/LTspice? EFREQ in PSpice is a bit of a...

Anyone with experience in creating a shaped noise source for AC analysis/simulation in Spice/PSpice/LTspice? EFREQ in PSpice is a bit of a kluge to use :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Disc...

Re: continuous mode,current mode control, boost circuit

Started by legg in sci.electronics.design9 years ago

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:48:48 -0800 (PST), reggie wrote: > Pspice I assume? > PSpice v4 courtesy of LT...

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:48:48 -0800 (PST), reggie wrote: > Pspice I assume? > PSpice v4 courtesy of LT SWCadiii http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/#Spice > It's 15 years ago at university that i did any of that in anger! > > I take it this is the circuit for a boost converter? Simple current generator into a rectified and capacitively filtered re

PSpice Netlisting/Template Trick

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design4 years ago 7 replies

Just discovered (or re-remembered :-), in PSpice... To just have the color of an LED showing in the schematic (I hate over-klutzy drawings), I...

Just discovered (or re-remembered :-), in PSpice... To just have the color of an LED showing in the schematic (I hate over-klutzy drawings), I just enter color and the template collects the model name... Template= X^@refdes %1 %2 My\@COLOR\@LED COLOR=RED LED=LED ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | men...

SPICE model for lead acid cell

Started by Daku in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 1 reply

Could some electronics guru please direct me to a SPICE model for a lead acid cell. I understand that PSpice comes with a model, but I do not...

Could some electronics guru please direct me to a SPICE model for a lead acid cell. I understand that PSpice comes with a model, but I do not use PSpice, and I hear that the library is encrypted.

PSpice worst case simulation

Started by Joerg in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 36 replies

Hi Folks, Reached an end of a rope here: How do you make a worst case simulation in PSpice (or even Monte Carlo for that matter) properly find...

Hi Folks, Reached an end of a rope here: How do you make a worst case simulation in PSpice (or even Monte Carlo for that matter) properly find the extremes for an opamp offset voltage and input bias current? For example, for the opamp we have: VOS: Offset voltage VOS_DIST: Distribution, I assume VOS_NTOL: What gets entered here? VOS_PTOL: ... and here? If I enter 7mV or whatever f...

Re: micro power square wave oscillator

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 7 replies

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:03:33 -0700, Joerg wrote: > Jonathan Kirwan wrote: > > On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:19:23 -0700, Jim Thompson > > ...

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:03:33 -0700, Joerg wrote: > Jonathan Kirwan wrote: > > On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:19:23 -0700, Jim Thompson > > wrote: > > > > > > > > Have you considered writing schematic conversion programs, say PSpice > > > to Cadence Composer, or PSpice to SPE? I would pay real money for > > >

TUTORIAL - Example 1, Using Femm to Calculate Component Values of Simple Microstrip to use in LTspice/PSpice

Started by RobertMacy in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 31 replies

I offer to share with you a TUTORIAL but don't know how to get it into your hands. The TUTORIAL is about 15kB, zipped, and describes the...

I offer to share with you a TUTORIAL but don't know how to get it into your hands. The TUTORIAL is about 15kB, zipped, and describes the step-by-step process of using FREE femm 4.2 to analyze a simple PCB structure to calculate values to then use in circuit simulation, LTspice/PSpice. The sequence can be modified for use in analyzing really complex structures, structures where th...

PSpice Gain/phase model for S/H and quantization in software loop (digital SMPS)

Started by Klaus Kragelund in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 4 replies

Hi I have implemented a digital SMPS in a Cortex M3 controller. The feedback of the SMPS is done using the TL431 and opto coupler...

Hi I have implemented a digital SMPS in a Cortex M3 controller. The feedback of the SMPS is done using the TL431 and opto coupler feedback. The feedback is sampled by the ADC at 10kSa and the sampled values controls the duty-cycle of the SMPS. It is stable, but I would like to simulate the loop in PSPice. The ADC has sample and hold along with quantiziation that affects the gain/phase. Th...