Electronics-Related.com

Re: Battery Difference between CR2032 and CR2025

Started by Sjouke Burry in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 77 replies

fred.flintstone@thecave.com wrote in news:a0fa48poski1u7imevrk3jviugam1if5qc@4ax.com: > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I...

fred.flintstone@thecave.com wrote in news:a0fa48poski1u7imevrk3jviugam1if5qc@4ax.com: > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at > a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The > CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is > there any reason not to use the 2025? > > -------------- > > To thin to fi

DC Voltage level sensing

Started by Cursitor Doom in sci.electronics.design4 years ago 141 replies

Greetings, Gentlemen, What's the simplest way of implementing this: The 'quiescent voltage' (so to speak) of a car battery is typically...

Greetings, Gentlemen, What's the simplest way of implementing this: The 'quiescent voltage' (so to speak) of a car battery is typically 12.4V. With the engine running, however, this rises to 14V due to the charging current from the alternator. How most reliably to sense when the battery voltage exceeds 13V so a dashcam can be activated? -- This message may be freely reproduced...

SLB and charger question

Started by Andy K in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 3 replies

I would like to buy a NP 4-6 Yuasa 6 Volt 4 Amp Hour Battery. Would this charger work and how do I determine how long to recharge a discharged...

I would like to buy a NP 4-6 Yuasa 6 Volt 4 Amp Hour Battery. Would this charger work and how do I determine how long to recharge a discharged battery ? Model: HB-0702-01 Input: AC100-240V 50-60Hz 0.2A Output: DC7.2V 1.0A I would be powering some led lights that operate at 3.0 volts, so I would need to find out how to step down the voltage as well. Thanks.

explain this

Started by RichD in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 11 replies

I have an old portable CD player, still works. Runs on 2 AA batteries. The other day, a CD was skipping, on the third track. I tolerated...

I have an old portable CD player, still works. Runs on 2 AA batteries. The other day, a CD was skipping, on the third track. I tolerated it for a minute, then forwarded. Other tracks also damaged. The battery charge indicator read zero. Dead battery or smushy disc? I pop in another CD, works fine. Try the bad CD again, same symptoms repeated. How does a dodgy disc muck ...

Brand new Tesla battery complex catches FIRE!

Started by Flyguy in sci.electronics.design6 months ago 19 replies

This complex uses the SAFEST lithium chemistry:...

This complex uses the SAFEST lithium chemistry: LFP: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/sep/27/tesla-lithium-battery-fire-bouldercombe-e nergy-storage-site-project-rockhampton https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-27/tesla-battery-fire-at-queensland-renewable-energy-project /102905302 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH2UOC2TMng

Lithium-ion Battery Degradation

Started by Ricky in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 22 replies

Here is a pretty good discussion (if a bit long winded) of battery life in BEVs. It also explains a lot about why batteries in mobile devices...

Here is a pretty good discussion (if a bit long winded) of battery life in BEVs. It also explains a lot about why batteries in mobile devices have the lifespan they do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHz-Kx5h_Tw -- Rick C. - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

battery problems

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 32 replies

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/while-they-were-asleep-their-teslas-burned-in-the-garage-it -e2-80-99s-a-risk-many-automakers-are-taking-seriously/ar-AAMVBlV https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/02/tesla-big-battery-fire-in-victoria-burns- into-day-three

Organic SolidFlow Battery Technology

Started by Fred Bloggs in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 5 replies

https://www.cmblu.com/en/technology/ Looks like it's best suited for LARGE backup power generation for solar and wind farms. Demo-pilot...

https://www.cmblu.com/en/technology/ Looks like it's best suited for LARGE backup power generation for solar and wind farms. Demo-pilot presently being installed in Milwaukee: https://cleantechnica.com/2023/02/10/solar-wave-sets-the-stage-for-new-flow-battery-in-wisconsin /

Solid-State EV Battery Rises Up

Started by Fred Bloggs in sci.electronics.design5 months ago

"Among other advantages, solid-state batteries offer the opportunity to increase EV driving range and shorten charging times, both of which would...

"Among other advantages, solid-state batteries offer the opportunity to increase EV driving range and shorten charging times, both of which would help motivate more gasmobile owners to ditch petroleum in favor of electric drive." 'Apparently Factorial anticipates that the new EV battery will pass the performance tests with flying colors. Plans are already under way for a new 50,0

MPPT chargers dying upon battery disconnect?

Started by Joerg in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 16 replies

Attention, this is one of those rare electronics-related questions :-) Will be rigging up a small power-failure backup system. Essentially a...

Attention, this is one of those rare electronics-related questions :-) Will be rigging up a small power-failure backup system. Essentially a 12V LiFePO4 battery (with BMS in there), inverter, solar panels, MPPT charger. When reading up on stuff and talking to people I found something very disconcerting. It seems that MPPT charge controllers can and often do commit suicide when operat...

Battery Sizes - CR2354

Started by Ricky in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 13 replies

Normally, the number CR2354 specifies a battery completely. The CR refers to the chemistry and the 2354 defines the size. But there are multiple...

Normally, the number CR2354 specifies a battery completely. The CR refers to the chemistry and the 2354 defines the size. But there are multiple case shapes in this particular size. What's up with that? https://www.ebay.com/itm/233116431435 https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51BKvS6pUkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg One of these will fit and the other won't. What's the point of having sizes, ...

Cmos Battery/Clock

Started by amdx in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 23 replies

Well I've received my M48T86PC1 Cmos Clock Lithium Battery as a gift from China, according to the custom declaration. It is an ST...

Well I've received my M48T86PC1 Cmos Clock Lithium Battery as a gift from China, according to the custom declaration. It is an ST microelectronics part, my concern is the manufacturing date. The Chip is labeled as below, M48T86PC1 Real-Time Clock Contains Lithium Cell 990SN VH MYS 99 1033 WO723Y I hate s...

USB charger circuit

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 20 replies

I am working on a simple USB charging circuit. Normally, the 3.6V NiMH bat= tery is connected to the device via the NC contacts of a relay. ...

I am working on a simple USB charging circuit. Normally, the 3.6V NiMH bat= tery is connected to the device via the NC contacts of a relay. When conne= cted, a 5V relay switch the battery to charge via a diode. So, a fully char= ged battery is around 4.2V. As someone suggested, i will put a parallel R = & C to reduce the hold current of the relay.=20 Questions: 1. What is the minimum ...

Analog meters: Why do they need a 9V battery?

Started by Joerg in sci.electronics.design7 years ago 11 replies

My trusty old Russky meter died and I can't be sans analog meter for long. Must be cheap and simple because they get dropped, crushed,...

My trusty old Russky meter died and I can't be sans analog meter for long. Must be cheap and simple because they get dropped, crushed, snatched, whatever. Has anyone used the HM-102S while in the service? https://www.amazon.com/SOLTEC-HM-102S-Analog-Multimeter-VOLTS/dp/B01M1ETSF9 Why do these need a 9V battery? At 20k/V input impedance that just doesn't make sense. -- Regards, Joe...

Swedish Microcar Packaged 20 Cars Per 20 Ft Shipping Container

Started by Fred Bloggs in sci.electronics.design11 months ago 3 replies

This may be pushing the envelope a bit: The specs: The Luvly O is a two-seat “light urban vehicle” (LUV) with similar dimensions to...

This may be pushing the envelope a bit: The specs: The Luvly O is a two-seat “light urban vehicle” (LUV) with similar dimensions to an electric Smart Car. However, it weighs far less (837 pounds vs. 2,400 pounds), which helps it achieve the same range (62 miles) despite having a much smaller battery (6.4 kWh vs 17.6 kWh). The microcar’s battery is also remova

lithium battery ignition

Started by John Larkin in sci.electronics.design5 months ago 13 replies

There has been conjecture here about lithium battery ignition, thermal runaway, and whether any measurements could provide useful warning of a...

There has been conjecture here about lithium battery ignition, thermal runaway, and whether any measurements could provide useful warning of a possible cell explosion. Waiting for my biscuits to cook, a (very) little research turns up not much about failure dynamics. Most studies measure external cell temperature as indicators of thermal runaway. I found one study, from NREL, that used f...

Battery Changing issue

Started by Ed Lee in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 17 replies

I am using these batteries. Discharging from the (BMS managed side) 8 pins connector seems OK, but charging is not working. It might need the I2C...

I am using these batteries. Discharging from the (BMS managed side) 8 pins connector seems OK, but charging is not working. It might need the I2C control to enable charging? With the battery at 10V, hooking up a 11V supply doesn't seem to do any thing, with the voltage coming up to 11V immediately. Someone reported good result with 12V+ adjustable supply. Hooking up to the inte

EV Battery Swap To Replace Charging

Started by Fred Bloggs in sci.electronics.design10 months ago 101 replies

For entities for whom time is money, like fleets, and others who just don't have convenient access to charging stations, the 5 minute whole...

For entities for whom time is money, like fleets, and others who just don't have convenient access to charging stations, the 5 minute whole battery pack swap is the answer. All the work is done by a robot in 5 minutes. The swap stations slow re-charge the swapped batteries so they don't require a major power grid renovation to come online. And the whole swap package comes in a shipp

Repaired Harbor Freight digital caliper

Started by P E Schoen in sci.electronics.design12 years ago 114 replies

I have two Harbor Freight digital calipers, item #47257, and I've had=20 problems with one of them especially, where the display will go blank....

I have two Harbor Freight digital calipers, item #47257, and I've had=20 problems with one of them especially, where the display will go blank. = It=20 seemed to work sometimes if I squeezed the enclosure, and I thought it = was a=20 bad battery or bad connection. But a fresh battery didn't work. So I took it apart, which meant peeling off a foil backing to expose = four=20 small phillip...

Who's On First

Started by legg in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 7 replies

The Daly-Antra types of BMS (Battery Monitor Switch) require charging current before they'll turn on. Unfortunately, most 'smart'...

The Daly-Antra types of BMS (Battery Monitor Switch) require charging current before they'll turn on. Unfortunately, most 'smart' inverter/chargers won't turn on until the battery is connected, so guess what happens when a Daly-Antra BMS is used? Nada. That's what happens when a Daly-Antra . . . . They supply a Blue-Tooth dongle that plugs into their UART port, for remote monito...