OT: alcohol based perfume removal?

Started by T November 17, 2021
Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23/11/2021 13:53, Rick C wrote: > > On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > >> T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > >> > >>> On 11/17/21 07:57, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > >>>> Some of the so-called 'fresheners' are just as bad as the perfumes for > >>>> triggering allergies. > >>> > >>> Fabreeze is a horrible allergin > > It is a complex mixture of chemicals designed to disguise and mask BO. > They are usually *very* careful to avoid any allergenic compounds. > > >> There is good evidence that it kills dogs and creates neurological > >> disturbances in cats. > > > > "neurological disturbances in cats" - How can you tell? > > Cats are borderline psychotic at the best of times... > More so for US style "house cats" that are never allowed out. > > It is paranoid new age word salad against chemicals.
It is a reaction agains perfume manufacturers who are encouraging the use of illegal and long-banned chemicals by clever advertising - and then profiting from the misery their customers inflict on others. No other substance you can willingly or accidentally ingest is exempt from all regulation and declaration; such is the power of the perfume industry. If this is 'New age', it started for me in the 1950s.
> I am no fan of "air fresheners" by the way - they seek to disguise what > could be important warning signs of things that could be potentially > dangerous like the smell of rotting food or leaking drains for example. > > If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is > not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on > fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. > If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing > difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. > > A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect > at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around > is something of a wake up call. > > Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. > > What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism > response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. > The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent.
Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have actually consulted on this. -- ~ Liz Tuddenham ~ (Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to reply) www.poppyrecords.co.uk
On 11/24/21 03:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:
>> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect >> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around >> is something of a wake up call. >> >> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. >> >> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism >> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. >> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. > > Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of > us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have > actually consulted on this. >
Liz! Think over to what you are responding to. Equating "high functioning autism" with chemical sensitivity is so stupid it is imbecilic. This is NOT AN ACCIDENT or just a really, really stupid person. IT IS ON PURPOSE. N-O O-N-E IS THAT STUPID. The goal was to rile the both of us up, upset us, and get us to waste a bunch of our time upset writing back in protest. Liz!!! W-E'V-E BEEN TROLLED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsIa_LKojJI You never answered me on my question as to if you ever figured out how to get fabric finishes out of new cloths (or I missed it). -T
On 24/11/2021 11:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: > >> >> If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is >> not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on >> fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. >> If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing >> difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. >> >> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect >> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around >> is something of a wake up call. >> >> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. >> >> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism >> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. >> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. > > Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of > us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have > actually consulted on this.
I expect you do but just think about it for a moment. Are you really as allergic to all these things as you say you are? Allergic has a *very* specific meaning here. There are many different chemical compounds in perfumes and the thing that they have in common is being a very complex mixture of smells. I expect there are a few allergens in some of them but by no means all. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are both tilting at windmills. -- Regards, Martin Brown
On 25/11/21 09:51, T wrote:
> On 11/25/21 01:26, Martin Brown wrote: >> On 24/11/2021 11:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote: >>> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is >>>> not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on >>>> fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. >>>> If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing >>>> difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. >>>> >>>> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect >>>> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around >>>> is something of a wake up call. >>>> >>>> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. >>>> >>>> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism >>>> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. >>>> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. >>> >>> Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of >>> us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have >>> actually consulted on this. >> >> I expect you do but just think about it for a moment. >> Are you really as allergic to all these things as you say you are? >> >> Allergic has a *very* specific meaning here. >> >> There are many different chemical compounds in perfumes and the thing that >> they have in common is being a very complex mixture of smells. I expect there >> are a few allergens in some of them but by no means all. >> >> Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. >> >> You are both tilting at windmills. >> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsIa_LKojJI
*plonk*
Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24/11/2021 11:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > > Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: > > > >> > >> If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is > >> not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on > >> fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. > >> If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing > >> difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. > >> > >> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect > >> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around > >> is something of a wake up call. > >> > >> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. > >> > >> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism > >> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. > >> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. > > > > Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of > > us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have > > actually consulted on this. > > I expect you do but just think about it for a moment. > Are you really as allergic to all these things as you say you are?
Yes, they are toxic to me, even if they aren't to anyone else. The reaction is out of proportion to the quantity of toxin - a true allergic reaction. It is also present when I am not aware of the presence of the allergenic substance through my normal senses, so it isn't psychologically based. Susceptibility to poisoning is not a manifestation of autism. -- ~ Liz Tuddenham ~ (Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to reply) www.poppyrecords.co.uk
On 25/11/2021 13:18, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: > >> On 24/11/2021 11:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote: >>> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is >>>> not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on >>>> fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. >>>> If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing >>>> difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. >>>> >>>> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect >>>> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around >>>> is something of a wake up call. >>>> >>>> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. >>>> >>>> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism >>>> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. >>>> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. >>> >>> Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of >>> us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have >>> actually consulted on this. >> >> I expect you do but just think about it for a moment. >> Are you really as allergic to all these things as you say you are? > > Yes, they are toxic to me, even if they aren't to anyone else. The > reaction is out of proportion to the quantity of toxin - a true allergic > reaction. It is also present when I am not aware of the presence of the > allergenic substance through my normal senses, so it isn't > psychologically based.
So do you carry an epipen around all the time then?
> > Susceptibility to poisoning is not a manifestation of autism.
Believing that every chemical is toxic to you is. Being swamped by complex smells could easily be a manifestation of high functioning autism. They are one of the other main categories of super tasters. FTAOD I'm not trolling although I think the OP, T probably was. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/aur.1912 and https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/autism-food-quirks-show-social-brain-areas/ s/taste/smell/ they are interchangeable for these purposes. Try a green shiso (perilla frutescens) leaf sometime (belongs to mint family) and is used by the Japanese with sushi. It tastes like a smell! -- Regards, Martin Brown
Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/11/2021 13:18, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > > Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: > > > >> On 24/11/2021 11:40, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > >>> Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote: > >>> > >>>> > >>>> If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is > >>>> not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on > >>>> fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. > >>>> If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing > >>>> difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. > >>>> > >>>> A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect > >>>> at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around > >>>> is something of a wake up call. > >>>> > >>>> Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. > >>>> > >>>> What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism > >>>> response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. > >>>> The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent. > >>> > >>> Thank you for your diagnosis, especially as you have never met either of > >>> us, but I would prefer the diagnosis of the medical experts I have > >>> actually consulted on this. > >> > >> I expect you do but just think about it for a moment. > >> Are you really as allergic to all these things as you say you are? > > > > Yes, they are toxic to me, even if they aren't to anyone else. The > > reaction is out of proportion to the quantity of toxin - a true allergic > > reaction. It is also present when I am not aware of the presence of the > > allergenic substance through my normal senses, so it isn't > > psychologically based. > > So do you carry an epipen around all the time then?
No, because the symptoms do not include swelling of the airways and so are are not life-threatening (unless I tried to drive or operate machinery). The neurological symptoms are very real but reversible when exposure to the toxin is stopped.
> > > Susceptibility to poisoning is not a manifestation of autism. > > Believing that every chemical is toxic to you is. Being swamped by > complex smells could easily be a manifestation of high functioning > autism. They are one of the other main categories of super tasters.
Some of these chemicals are odourless to me and I do not believe "every chemical is toxic". I work with many volatile chemical substances that cause me no trouble at all even though some of them upset other people. I also work with a variety of unpleasant smells and have no problem other than the normal reaction to something that smells revolting. I don't know what you are confusing this with, but it is something I do not suffer from. -- ~ Liz Tuddenham ~ (Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to reply) www.poppyrecords.co.uk
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 7:08:18 AM UTC-4, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 23/11/2021 13:53, Rick C wrote: > > On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > >> T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > >> > >>> On 11/17/21 07:57, Liz Tuddenham wrote: > >>>> Some of the so-called 'fresheners' are just as bad as the perfumes for > >>>> triggering allergies. > >>> > >>> Fabreeze is a horrible allergin > It is a complex mixture of chemicals designed to disguise and mask BO. > They are usually *very* careful to avoid any allergenic compounds. > >> There is good evidence that it kills dogs and creates neurological > >> disturbances in cats. > > > > "neurological disturbances in cats" - How can you tell? > Cats are borderline psychotic at the best of times... > More so for US style "house cats" that are never allowed out. > > It is paranoid new age word salad against chemicals. > > I am no fan of "air fresheners" by the way - they seek to disguise what > could be important warning signs of things that could be potentially > dangerous like the smell of rotting food or leaking drains for example. > > If you are really allergic to something in the air then the effect is > not unlike CS gas or methyl mercaptan (smell of gas). Eyes or lungs on > fire streaming with tears almost blinded and possibly vomiting as well. > If you are really out of luck throat swelling can cause breathing > difficulties and intervention with an epipen may be needed. > > A small number of very dangerous allergic sensitisers produce no effect > at all the very first time that you are exposed. The second time around > is something of a wake up call. > > Think hayfever on steroids and you get the general idea. > > What she & T are describing is much more like a high functioning autism > response to complex smells which is entirely different to an allergy. > The irrational obsession with perceived "toxins" is also consistent.
The terminology might be a bit extreme, but given the symptoms described, it sounds pretty severe. I have no idea why you label it an "autism response". I think you are in denial because the symptoms are not yours. I share some of the responses although on an entirely different level, so I have no trouble believing they are real. Give it whatever label you wish, the symptoms aren't changed by labels. -- Rick C. -+++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging -+++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
It is just a manifestation of his highly functioning autism. -- Rick C. +--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging +--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209