Can you run LTspice on a cellphone?

Started by Steve Wilson June 11, 2021
A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on android
cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can load whatever EXE
desired.

Has anyone been able to run LTspice on android? How did you do it, and how
well does it work?

Thanks,

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:46:33 PM UTC-7, Steve Wilson wrote:
> A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on android > cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can load whatever EXE > desired.
Android runs Java. I don't think WinE works on Java.
Ed Lee <edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote in

<https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/5-great-android-apps-for- electrical-engineers/>
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:19:38 PM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> Ed Lee <edward....@gmail.com> wrote in > news:9dd3766d-3364-41b2...@googlegroups.com: > > On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:46:33 PM UTC-7, Steve Wilson wrote: > >> A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on > >> android cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you > >> can load whatever EXE desired. > > > > Android runs Java. I don't think WinE works on Java. > > > <https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/5-great-android-apps-for- > electrical-engineers/>
which are Java apps, not Win apps on WinE.
l&oslash;rdag den 12. juni 2021 kl. 05.52.14 UTC+2 skrev Ed Lee:
> On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:46:33 PM UTC-7, Steve Wilson wrote: > > A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on android > > cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can load whatever EXE > > desired. > Android runs Java. I don't think WinE works on Java.
you don't have to run java on android, it is basically linux. But there are very few if any cellphones with a an x86 cpu
Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote:

> l&oslash;rdag den 12. juni 2021 kl. 05.52.14 UTC+2 skrev Ed Lee: >> On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:46:33 PM UTC-7, Steve Wilson wrote: >> > A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on >> > android cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can >> > load whatever EXE desired. >> Android runs Java. I don't think WinE works on Java.
> you don't have to run java on android, it is basically linux. But there > are very few if any cellphones with a an x86 cpu
Android runs ARM, which emulates X86. Obviously a bit slower, but it works. -- The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
As the other posts suggest, maybe there is no interest.

Perhaps partly because smartphones suck for energy hungry applications.
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 01:46:28 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson
<spamme@not.com> wrote:

>A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on android >cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can load whatever EXE >desired. > >Has anyone been able to run LTspice on android? How did you do it, and how >well does it work?
"Opinions vary". ;-)
John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote in

> As the other posts suggest, maybe there is no interest. > > Perhaps partly because smartphones suck for energy hungry > applications. >
Your phone muct be half a decade old then because modern smartphones are as powerful as the original supercomputers were. Plenty of full bore engineering apps on mobile device platforms out there, ya dopey fuck.
Foulmouthed reactionary troll "Always Wrong" being wrong,
as always...