Can you run LTspice on a cellphone?

Started by Steve Wilson June 11, 2021
Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> Steve Wilson wrote: >> A google search shows a number of ways of running MS programs on >> android cellphones. One method suggests running Wine, then you can >> load whatever EXE desired. >> >> Has anyone been able to run LTspice on android? How did you do it, >> and how well does it work? > > If you have a Linux phone ($800 and the most secure phone) you can run > Virtual Box and load a Windows image in that.
Oops, no, that would require an x86 too. -- Defund the Thought Police
lol

Trying to use a smartphone OS to emulate another OS (that of course reduces
resources), so you can run complex software smartphones suck at running...

That's not aiming directly at this application under discussion, just the
idea. Smartphones definitely don't run real life CAD programs.

It's not just the lack of processing power, it's also of course the tiny
screen size. Then there is the horrible input capability. Etc.
John Doe wrote:
> lol > > Trying to use a smartphone OS to emulate another OS (that of course > reduces resources), so you can run complex software smartphones suck > at running... > > That's not aiming directly at this application under discussion, just > the idea. Smartphones definitely don't run real life CAD programs. > > It's not just the lack of processing power, it's also of course the > tiny screen size. Then there is the horrible input capability. Etc.
Yes, although a Linux phone can connect to any USB device (mouse, keyboard, video adapter). I can't think of a practical reason to do it, but possible. -- Defund the Thought Police
John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote in

> lol > > Trying to use a smartphone OS to emulate another OS (that of > course reduces resources), so you can run complex software > smartphones suck at running...
The 'smartphone' has zero problem running the not all too complex at all LT Spice. And there are other SPICE app made specifically for use on a phone.
> > That's not aiming directly at this application under discussion, > just the idea. Smartphones definitely don't run real life CAD > programs.
HID differences are the only drawbacks.
> It's not just the lack of processing power,
Smartphones are faster than Pentiums were. Probably have better graphics than any computer you ever had as well. But you are not known for being very bright.
> it's also of course > the tiny screen size.
There are idiots out there watching movies on their watch. There will certainly be idiots wanting to run engineering apps on them as well. Looking up a schematic or drawing without a laptop nearby... many other uses.
>Then there is the horrible input capability. > Etc.
Wow. You read and re-spew shit you have read back into the group to appear as if to be intelligent. The "it's not just the processing power" comment proves that you are about as dopey as it gets when it comes to computers. And even more stupid when it comes to politics. And you do not even realize just how transparent you are to the readers of this group.

How AlwaysWrong is so wrong so much of the time gives one
the impression it MUST be intentional...

> How AlwaysWrong is so wrong so much of the time gives one > the impression it MUST be intentional... > > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote: > >> Path: >> eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!aioe.org!5EBj >> cGDyEBxB1VxbsLYE2g.user.gioia.aioe.org.POSTED!not-for-mail From: >> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org Newsgroups: >> sci.electronics.design Subject: Re: Can you run LTspice on a >> cellphone? Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 03:39:44 +0000 (UTC) >> Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server >> Lines: 51 >> Message-ID: <sbm1q0$1qrc$1@gioia.aioe.org> >> References: <XnsAD46DD8058EA0idtokenpost@144.76.35.252> >> <saabfs$chi$1@dont-email.me> <saacus$nhm$1@dont-email.me> >> <saan8t$3nh$2@dont-email.me> NNTP-Posting-Host: >> 5EBjcGDyEBxB1VxbsLYE2g.user.gioia.aioe.org X-Complaints-To: >> abuse@aioe.org User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25 >> X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2 >> Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org >> sci.electronics.design:635847 >> >> John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote in >> news:saan8t$3nh$2@dont-email.me: >> >>> lol >>> >>> Trying to use a smartphone OS to emulate another OS (that of >>> course reduces resources), so you can run complex software >>> smartphones suck at running... >> >> The 'smartphone' has zero problem running the not all too >> complex >> at all LT Spice. And there are other SPICE app made specifically >> for use on a phone. >>> >>> That's not aiming directly at this application under discussion, >>> just the idea. Smartphones definitely don't run real life CAD >>> programs. >> >> HID differences are the only drawbacks. >> >>> It's not just the lack of processing power, >> >> Smartphones are faster than Pentiums were. Probably have better >> graphics than any computer you ever had as well. But you are not >> known for being very bright. >> >>> it's also of course >>> the tiny screen size. >> >> There are idiots out there watching movies on their watch. >> There >> will certainly be idiots wanting to run engineering apps on them >> as well. Looking up a schematic or drawing without a laptop >> nearby... >> >> many other uses. >> >> >>>Then there is the horrible input capability. >>> Etc. >> >> Wow. You read and re-spew shit you have read back into the >> group to >> appear as if to be intelligent. The "it's not just the >> processing power" comment proves that you are about as dopey as >> it gets when it comes to computers. >> >> And even more stupid when it comes to politics. And you do not >> even realize just how transparent you are to the readers of this >> group. >> >> >>
Wrong about you being a fucking retard? Nope. Wrong about how much processing power a smartphone has? Nope? Wrong about how many engineering apps are out there being used on phones by real engineers? Nope. Wrong about your obvious lack of grasp? Nope. Wrong about how you simply repeat what you read? Nope? So, what is it you claim I was wrong about, asswipe?