Cell phone use causes tongue cancer

Started by Jeff Liebermann July 15, 2018
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 08:48:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>I have discovered definitive proof that talking on a cell >phone use causes cancer. It's not the usual cancer of the >brain, or central nervous system. It's cancer of the tongue. > >https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6 > >Notice the steady increase in new cases of tongue cancer >since 1990, and the corresponding increase in cell phone use >over the same time period: > >http://historyofthecellulartelephone.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/5/49959297/8533326_orig.png > >The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively >proving that yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer.
That cancer slope, starting about 2000, looks real. Marijuana? Vaping? Vitamin water? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
On 15/07/18 22:32, mpm wrote:
> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:23:42 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote: > >> My father once warned me that products with superlatives such as >> super, amazing, magic, miracle, plus, smart, advanced, ultra, jumbo, >> and such usually don't meet up to the expectations... > > Speaking of expectations, I have yet to find any item in the frozen food section that even remotely resembles the image on the front of the box -- no matter how meticulously you prepare it. >
And with that we are getting into what is known as "food porn". Consider that in photoshoots the ice cream is traditionally made of mashed potato. Real ice cream tend to "wilt" under the lights :)
Perhaps cunnilingus has become more popular, following a feminist trait? HPV and all that? -- Mike Perkins Video Solutions Ltd www.videosolutions.ltd.uk
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT), jurb6006@gmail.com wrote:

>I seriously think Jeff was kidding in the OP.
I'm seriously worried that you might think that I was NOT kidding. I can usually predict how people who post fairly often in newsgroups will respond. Not this time. I didn't expect anyone in this newsgroup to agree with my original press release. You must really want to believe that everything I write is serious and true. I appreciate the compliment, but suggest that you re-evaluate your assumptions. If I had posted my press release in a newsgroup top heavy with environmentalists, I would have expected some blind agreement (because people want to believe what fits their agenda), but not in S.E.D. Perhaps there are a few emotionalists lurking in S.E.D. among the cold, calculating, and logical majority? "Study reveals culprit behind Piltdown Man, one of science&#4294967295;s most famous hoaxes" <http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/08/study-reveals-culprit-behind-piltdown-man-one-science-s-most-famous-hoaxes>
>Such things lead to very long threads on Usenet at times. >And it seems the more off topic it is the better.
Think of S.E.D. as a meal. The main course is the on-topic technical discussions. The off-topic threads are the desert. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:35:31 +0100, Tom Gardner
<spamjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>On 15/07/18 22:32, mpm wrote: >> On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 3:23:42 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote: >> >>> My father once warned me that products with superlatives such as >>> super, amazing, magic, miracle, plus, smart, advanced, ultra, jumbo, >>> and such usually don't meet up to the expectations... >> >> Speaking of expectations, I have yet to find any item in the >> frozen food section that even remotely resembles the image >> on the front of the box -- no matter how meticulously you prepare it.
>And with that we are getting into what is known as "food porn". >Consider that in photoshoots the ice cream is traditionally >made of mashed potato. Real ice cream tend to "wilt" under >the lights :)
During college, I worked for an ad agency masquerading as a marketing research company. There's far more to the picture on the box than composition. Back then, the starting photos were enlarged to about 3x4 ft paper. Often, parts were shot individually, printed, and applied to the working photo much like a patchwork quilt. Parts were added or over sprayed with an air brush. Subliminals words or figures were added. When done, it was photographed, color separated, and reduced to working film. Today, all this is done with Photoshop. The interesting part are the stories and subliminals found in the advertising images. Read any of the old books by Wilson Bryan Key for the details: <https://www.alibris.com/booksearch?keyword=wilson+bryan+key> Your frozen dinner cover photo was not intended to represent the contents. Your imagination will do that for you. It's main purpose is to deliver a subliminal message and catch your eye. The message might be that buying this frozen dinner will improve your sex life, suppress your fear of death, help you lose weight, or offer religious forgiveness. Yes, all that and more. It's all display advertising at its best. So, if the photo on the cover of your frozen dinner looks a bit odd, be assured that it's like that for a reason. Coffee looks weak under studio lights, so we use dirty automotive oil instead. Ice cubes melt almost instantly, so those were actually acrylic with the condensation drops air brushed on later. I've never done ice cream but I would guess(tm) Fixit drywall repair or dusted modeling clay. Most of the food will deteriorate before it can be photographed, so much (if not all) of the food in the photo is plastic. If the food looks warm or hot, it's because the word "hot" was air brushed onto the food picture. Can you see what this advertisement suggests? <http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/subliminals/Dewars%20Advertisement.jpg> Spoiler: It's on the blackboard. More obscure is the overuse of the Greek letter theta on the blackboard: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theta> In ancient times, Tau was used as a symbol for life or resurrection, whereas the eighth letter of the Greek alphabet, theta, was considered the symbol of death. She's standing between you and death. All you need to do is a little sin. Incidentally, try holding a piece of chalk or pen in the manner in which she's hold the chalk in the photo. I just tried (again) and couldn't do it. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 8:37:29 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> > Think of S.E.D. as a meal. The main course is the on-topic technical > discussions. The off-topic threads are the desert.
I have a small sign in my kitchen that says, "Live is uncertain, eat dessert first!" Rick C.
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:24:01 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 08:48:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> >wrote: > >>I have discovered definitive proof that talking on a cell >>phone use causes cancer. It's not the usual cancer of the >>brain, or central nervous system. It's cancer of the tongue. >> >>https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6 >> >>Notice the steady increase in new cases of tongue cancer >>since 1990, and the corresponding increase in cell phone use >>over the same time period: >> >>http://historyofthecellulartelephone.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/5/49959297/8533326_orig.png >> >>The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively >>proving that yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer.
>That cancer slope, starting about 2000, looks real. Marijuana? Vaping? >Vitamin water?
I agree but don't have an answer. If you tweak the setting to show all forms of "oral" cancers, it shows that the tongue has the largest increasing slope. Cancer of the oropharynx and Tonsil also start to increase at 2000 and at the same rate as cancer of the tongue. The other are either decreasing, stable, or slightly increasing. So, whatever has changed involves the tongue, oropharynx, and tonsils, but nothing else in that area: <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=5;6;7;8;9;12> I'm not qualified to comment on the medical aspects, but that's never stopped me from doing so. My guess(tm) is that something taken orally would be the likely culprit. It would need to dissolve, dilute, vaporize, or otherwise change chemically before hitting the esophagus and stomach, as those cancers show no corresponding increases. <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=17;18> However, that's as far as my deductive logic and imagination can take me for now. Offhand, I would guess some commonly ingested pill coating or might be a starting point, but I have nothing definitive. I'm fairly sure it's not marijuana or vaping or the other parts of the oral cavity (mouth) would have been affected. Also, vitamin water is unlikely because it doesn't decompose or react with something in the mouth. It's not food, liquid, condiments, or gaseous because whatever is causing the increase is probably NOT touching the roof of the mouth, or under the tongue, which show decreasing incidence of cancers. My pill coating (timed release?) guess has some additional validity because of the age distribution of cancers, which overwhelmingly affect seniors over younger people. <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=3&year=201804&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6> Seniors tend to take more prescription drugs than younger people. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 9:50:44 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:24:01 -0700, John Larkin > <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > > >On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 08:48:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> > >wrote: > > > >>I have discovered definitive proof that talking on a cell > >>phone use causes cancer. It's not the usual cancer of the > >>brain, or central nervous system. It's cancer of the tongue. > >> > >>https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6 > >> > >>Notice the steady increase in new cases of tongue cancer > >>since 1990, and the corresponding increase in cell phone use > >>over the same time period: > >> > >>http://historyofthecellulartelephone.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/5/49959297/8533326_orig.png > >> > >>The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively > >>proving that yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer. > > >That cancer slope, starting about 2000, looks real. Marijuana? Vaping? > >Vitamin water? > > I agree but don't have an answer. If you tweak the setting to show > all forms of "oral" cancers, it shows that the tongue has the largest > increasing slope. Cancer of the oropharynx and Tonsil also start to > increase at 2000 and at the same rate as cancer of the tongue. The > other are either decreasing, stable, or slightly increasing. So, > whatever has changed involves the tongue, oropharynx, and tonsils, but > nothing else in that area: > > <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=5;6;7;8;9;12> > > I'm not qualified to comment on the medical aspects, but that's never > stopped me from doing so. My guess(tm) is that something taken orally > would be the likely culprit. It would need to dissolve, dilute, > vaporize, or otherwise change chemically before hitting the esophagus > and stomach, as those cancers show no corresponding increases. > > <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=17;18> > > However, that's as far as my deductive logic and imagination can take > me for now. Offhand, I would guess some commonly ingested pill > coating or might be a starting point, but I have nothing definitive. > I'm fairly sure it's not marijuana or vaping or the other parts of the > oral cavity (mouth) would have been affected. Also, vitamin water is > unlikely because it doesn't decompose or react with something in the > mouth. It's not food, liquid, condiments, or gaseous because whatever > is causing the increase is probably NOT touching the roof of the > mouth, or under the tongue, which show decreasing incidence of > cancers. > > My pill coating (timed release?) guess has some additional validity > because of the age distribution of cancers, which overwhelmingly > affect seniors over younger people. > > <https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=3&year=201804&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6> > > Seniors tend to take more prescription drugs than younger people.
And why would a pill not touch the roof of the mouth??? Rick C.
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:24:01 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 08:48:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> >wrote: > >>I have discovered definitive proof that talking on a cell >>phone use causes cancer. It's not the usual cancer of the >>brain, or central nervous system. It's cancer of the tongue. >> >>https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6 >> >>Notice the steady increase in new cases of tongue cancer >>since 1990, and the corresponding increase in cell phone use >>over the same time period: >> >>http://historyofthecellulartelephone.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/5/49959297/8533326_orig.png >> >>The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively >>proving that yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer. > >That cancer slope, starting about 2000, looks real. Marijuana? Vaping? >Vitamin water?
Chewing tobacco.

"Why You Should Eat Dessert First" <http://www.marysfinedining.com/why-you-should-eat-dessert-first/> Too bad we don't follow the same advice in reference to business transactions: [Q] What's the difference between a bribe and a commission? [A] The commission is paid after the deal is done. The bribe paid before the deal is done. Otherwise, they're the same. So, in the west, we eat our dessert last and take our commissions last. On other parts of the planet, it's dessert and bribes first. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558