Cell phone use causes tongue cancer

Started by Jeff Liebermann July 15, 2018
>"The Luddites are out in force today! "
When you and I are gone, it is likely that Luddites will be the only ones left.
>"That cancer slope, starting about 2000, looks real. Marijuana? Vaping?
Vitamin water? " How about HFCS and aspartame ?
>"I'm seriously worried that you might think that I was NOT kidding. I
can usually predict how people who post fairly often in newsgroups will respond. Not this time." Well, that's the breaks. If I ever get there we have to bullshit for awhile. This is highly unlikely though. And you will never predict me except on electronics issues. But predicting me ? HAHAHA
>"You must really want to believe that everything I write is serious and true..."
You should know me better than that. I busted 191 on an IQ test. (you might hit even higher) I KNOW it isn't that high and that was the peak. I averaged 150 or so. How did I get here ? I never take anything at face value.
>"Perhaps there are a few emotionalists lurking in S.E.D. among the
cold, calculating, and logical majority? " There is absolutely no doubt.
>"Think of S.E.D. as a meal. The main course is the on-topic technical
discussions. The off-topic threads are the desert. " Well I have had plenty of desert, I want meat. And here we are in an idiot thread. Hot one MF here has even asked about the mechanism by which these phone cause this cancer. If so I missed it. But as far as I can see, nobody has asked just how the microwave affect human tissue, or asked for or provide links to any research Re that. What does that ell you ? Even here with a quite distilled contingent, they don't know how to look for answers on their own. The book tells then how to handle thing like on Star Trek m- Piece Of The Action. They accept it without considering the content, only the the source. "Oh he is a Harvard grad, he must be right". Did they miss when a bunch of them got caught cheating on the tests ? No wonder why nobody knows shit. You're one of the last vestiges of common sense on Usenet. You are not allowed to die. This place would go to hell.
On 2018/07/15 8:48 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> I have discovered definitive proof that talking on a cell > phone use causes cancer. It's not the usual cancer of the > brain, or central nervous system. It's cancer of the tongue. > > https://seer.cancer.gov/faststats/selections.php?run=runit&output=1&data=1&statistic=1&year=201801&race=1&sex=1&age=1&series=cancer&cancer=6 > > Notice the steady increase in new cases of tongue cancer > since 1990, and the corresponding increase in cell phone use > over the same time period: > > http://historyofthecellulartelephone.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/9/5/49959297/8533326_orig.png > > The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively > proving that yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer. >
What happens when you add atmospheric CO2 level rise since 1990 to the proof of your assertion...you may be missing a causation! CO2 increase linked to tongue cancer - who would have thought it? John ;-#)#
On 15/07/18 21:38, jurb6006@gmail.com wrote:
>> "After many years of being disappointed by such products, I've > concluded that he was correct. " > > You forgot one of the big ones - "NEW AND IMPROVED". >
(snip) I once worked at a company who made a cough syrup. It had had the same flavour for years, but they decided to bring out a "new, improved taste" bottle. Not long after it appeared in the shops, the CEO received a letter: "Dear Sir, I have just tried a bottle of your "New improved cherry flavour" cough syrup. It must have been really shitty before the change". Yours sincerely..." Short and to the point, eh? :-) -- Jeff
On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 8:28:04 PM UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 10:20:56 -0700 (PDT), jurb6006@gmail.com wrote: > > >No, it's that damn CO2 again : > > > >https://www.google.com/search?q=co2+in+air+graph+by+year&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=tEK2chAN1PzHwM%253A%252CV-R_e2MINN1-SM%252C_&usg=__S1gXQcJxwhZzFN9BCbWcMB3IM6E%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB49HJzqHcAhVimK0KHeVrDV4Q9QEINTAD#imgrc=tEK2chAN1PzHwM: > > What's interesting about the CO2 graphs is the sawtooth waveform, > expecially the down slopes.
Why? There's more land in the northern hemisphere than in the south so summer sunlight drives land plant growth, soaking up CO2. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 8:52:59 PM UTC+2, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 08:48:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote: > > > The two graphs correlate quite nicely, thus conclusively proving that > > yacking on a cell phone causes tongue cancer. > > This is obviously going to hit women disproportionately more than men.
Jeff Liebermann can be expected to be aware that correlation doesn't imply causation, so he is making a joke. Cursitor Doom is the kind of gullible twit who believes that kind of nonsense. -- Bill
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:58:37 -0700 (PDT),
gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com wrote:

>And why would a pill not touch the roof of the mouth??? >Rick C.
I just tested this with my morning ration of overpriced prescription drugs. When I shovel the pills into my mouth, they immediately gravitate to the back of the tongue by tilting my head back. They are then swallowed with the aid of some water. As far as I can tell without using a dye tracer, the pill pile never touched the roof of my mouth. Even if they did, the elapsed time that they might touch the roof of my mouth is much shorter and with less pressure than the elapsed contact time the pills are in contact with the tongue, oropharynx (upper back of mouth) and tonsil area. I presume that there are other styles for swallowing pills. For example, if you take pills while standing on your head, then perhaps the contact time with the roof of the mouth might be extended. Sometimes, I have problems swallowing a large load of pills and require additional water, which causes the pills to begin dissolving on my tongue. There are probably other methods and variations. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:45:09 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:58:37 -0700 (PDT), > gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com wrote: > > >And why would a pill not touch the roof of the mouth??? > >Rick C. > > I just tested this with my morning ration of overpriced prescription > drugs. When I shovel the pills into my mouth, they immediately > gravitate to the back of the tongue by tilting my head back. They are > then swallowed with the aid of some water. As far as I can tell > without using a dye tracer, the pill pile never touched the roof of my > mouth. Even if they did, the elapsed time that they might touch the > roof of my mouth is much shorter and with less pressure than the > elapsed contact time the pills are in contact with the tongue, > oropharynx (upper back of mouth) and tonsil area. > > I presume that there are other styles for swallowing pills. For > example, if you take pills while standing on your head, then perhaps > the contact time with the roof of the mouth might be extended. > Sometimes, I have problems swallowing a large load of pills and > require additional water, which causes the pills to begin dissolving > on my tongue. There are probably other methods and variations.
I think this is quite a reach. I know when I take a pill I can usually taste is for some time. Some pills like Ibuprofen have a bit of a taste (in this case soapy) which I still taste until it is washed out by eating or drinking something, even if I took the pill with water. You should not assume your method of taking pills is at all common. Even your method where you say they start dissolving on your tongue clearly would put them in contact with all the other parts of your mouth. Rick C.
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 08:18:21 -0700 (PDT),
gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com wrote:

>On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:45:09 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote: >> On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:58:37 -0700 (PDT), >> gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com wrote: >> >> >And why would a pill not touch the roof of the mouth??? >> >Rick C. >> >> I just tested this with my morning ration of overpriced prescription >> drugs. When I shovel the pills into my mouth, they immediately >> gravitate to the back of the tongue by tilting my head back. They are >> then swallowed with the aid of some water. As far as I can tell >> without using a dye tracer, the pill pile never touched the roof of my >> mouth. Even if they did, the elapsed time that they might touch the >> roof of my mouth is much shorter and with less pressure than the >> elapsed contact time the pills are in contact with the tongue, >> oropharynx (upper back of mouth) and tonsil area. >> >> I presume that there are other styles for swallowing pills. For >> example, if you take pills while standing on your head, then perhaps >> the contact time with the roof of the mouth might be extended. >> Sometimes, I have problems swallowing a large load of pills and >> require additional water, which causes the pills to begin dissolving >> on my tongue. There are probably other methods and variations.
>I know when I take a pill I can usually taste is for some time.
Not me. Before going to sleep, I take 10 pills, 2 of which are somewhat foul tasting. Add one more if I crunch down on the pill between my teeth. If there's any after taste, it only lasts a few seconds as I usually wash down any residue after swallowing. I'll check tonight.
>Some pills like Ibuprofen have a bit of a taste (in this case >soapy) which I still taste until it is washed out by eating or >drinking something, even if I took the pill with water.
I rarely take Ibuprofen, so I wouldn't know.
>You should not assume your method of taking pills is at all >common.
Please read what I wrote. I gave plenty of consideration for alternate styles.
>Even your method where you say they start dissolving on your >tongue clearly would put them in contact with all the other >parts of your mouth.
That's possible, but I think I prevent the pill pile from moving forward or upward with my tongue between drinks. I'm not sure. It's possible that as I'm moving the pills around the back of my mouth with my tongue, I might loose control of one or two pills that will then hit the roof of my mouth, but that's unusual. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558