PSoC or FPGA?

Started by fasf March 20, 2011

Ada is available for GCC. Looks like some people have problems building the libraries for it as a cross compiler, but arm-rtems should work: http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMSAda But I didn't try it. -- Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de piano and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Muzaffer Kal <kal@dspia.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:48:43 GMT, nico@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) >wrote: >>I wish Ada where available for ARM. > >Why do you think it's not? GNU compiler chain has a full blown Ada95 >front-end and an ARM back-end.
The last time I checked there was no 'real' Ada for ARM. Ada is available for most platforms GCC supports except ARM. It has something to do with the Ada runtime libraries and ARM changing their ABI too often. -- Failure does not prove something is impossible, failure simply indicates you are not using the right tools... nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.) --------------------------------------------------------------

I can recommend this one: http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9803 We've shipped close to a thousand of them in our industrial PCs. Very low failure rate from the field. Uses a 965GME mobile chipset and CPU. They do have the power on after power fail option.
>Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >be always on.
Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power on by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector. A work-around that we've used is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on the motherboard until it sees +5V. I could send you our schematic if you want it. So simple you probably don't even need it...
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:26:13 -0700 John Larkin ><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in Message id: ><i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906sk3@4ax.com>: > >>Hi, >> >>Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >>autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >>batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >>boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >> >>If you have one, I might buy it. >> >>If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >>those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >>Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >>with the restart BIOS option. > >I can recommend this one: >http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9803
The only thing totally retarded about you is how stupid you are. The only thing totally retarded about this choice is the PRICE! What a fucking joke! It is LAME! It has NO HDMI out, which means it is a three year old design at least. The Zotac boards are USB 3.0 now and even those MOBOs are only $135 each. You are a Barnum and Bailey SUCKER! But that is only because you do not know how to find what is good, much less of high value. It will not socket the new CPUs. The Zotacz can handle the i7 even. It uses old SLOW RAM. Jeez that MOBO is LAME! You must be an MSI shill.
> >We've shipped close to a thousand of them in our industrial PCs.
Looks like you make stupid, cheap shit too then.
> Very low >failure rate from the field.
Yeah, since it pretty much does NOTHING.
> Uses a 965GME mobile chipset and CPU. They do >have the power on after power fail option.
It relates to the BIOS idiot, not the chipset.
>>Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >>be always on. > >Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power on >by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector. A work-around that we've used >is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on the >motherboard until it sees +5V. I could send you our schematic if you want >it. So simple you probably don't even need it...
So retarded is more like it. Nice job of showing us how stupid you are, and how stupid the "products" your shit company "makes" and offers. Tell us the name so I can be sure to never use your crap.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote:

> >I can recommend this one:
snipped stupid spam. You're a fucking retard. So is your company, if they are buying that crap at that price. I'll bet everything your shit company has is triple overpriced. The $200 COMPLETE solution I gave him has: 1) a brand new copy of XP and brand new license for it, installed. 2) a run ready machine WITH a CPU AND a hard drive AND RAM already in it. Your shit offering is a triple overpriced bare MOBO. IOW, you are an MSI shill, SPAMMING the group.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote:

> >Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power on >by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector.
No shit. Look at the ATX specification, dumbfuck.
> A work-around
Don't you mean "retarded sub-standard hack"? I sure hope nobody was stupid enough to buy anything from you that got used in anything mission critical.
> that we've used >is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on the >motherboard until it sees +5V.
Oh boy!
> I could send you our schematic if you want >it. So simple you probably don't even need it...
Ya think!? Oh, that's right... shit for brains can't think.
Nico Coesel expounded in

Gnat Pro seems to support it, though I don't know about cost etc.: http://www.adacore.com/home/products/gnatpro/?gclid=CNzE0u- n56cCFYi8KgodLxPXaQ If you google "gnat arm" you might find instructions to cross compile it for free, though it is probably a difficult build from what I've seen. If you want to just give Ada a spin, perhaps the easiest thing to do (for Windows users) is to install Cygwin and have the gcc-ada compiler installed. Ada Core also has native windows IDE environment (if you like that sort of thing) called GPS, which is free for download and use. Warren
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:43:09 -0700 (PDT), "miso@sushi.com"
<miso@sushi.com> wrote:

>On Mar 23, 4:26&#4294967295;pm, John Larkin ><jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >> autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >> batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >> boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >> >> If you have one, I might buy it. >> >> If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >> those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >> Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >> with the restart BIOS option. Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >> be always on. >> >> John > >On the surface, the laptop looks like a simpler solution, but a mini- >itx is a vastly easier box to maintain. Fixing laptops is a pain. > >My mini-itx performs like you want, but it seems like too complicated >a solution for your task. The PC is set up to be used as an "car PC". >That is, it can run off of unregulated DC. The supply is sophisticated >enough that it sends a start pulse to the mobo, just like somebody hit >a start button.
We've used mini-ITX mobos in embedded systems, and they work great. I'd prefer to habe the keybosrd and monitor all in one hadget, but I'll go with an ITX cube if I can't find a laptop or netbook with the auto-powerup capability.
> >http://www.mitxpc.com/ >I would call these people and explain what you want. I've been to the >facility and they seem to know what they are doing.
Thanks. I will.
> >I haven't done this, but it seems like you could make this PC use a >large gel cell for battery backup. Just thinking out loud here, you >drive the PC with a voltage higher than a charging gel cell. Use >diodes to do the power switchover.
I don't actually want backup. I want auto restart when power is restored!
> >http://www.mitxpc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PSDCDCM2ATX-HV >Download the manual on this power supply, >http://resources.mini-box.com/online/PWR-M2-ATX-HV/PWR-M2-ATX-HV-manual.pdf > >Note this line: >If J6 is connected to the motherboard, M2-ATX-HV will also send a >gratuitous &#4294967295;ON pulse&#4294967295; to the motherboard right after power is first >applied.
I've also heard of people hard-grounding the PS control line. An ITX box can do this.
> >When I run this as a desktop, I don't have any start switch. I just >apply power and it boots. My mobo is a dual core Atom with nvidia ion, >probably overkill for what you need. The folk at mitxpc will probably >know which mobo will boot like you need.
Yup, that's probably what I'll do. Mini ITXs usually have real serial ports, which is a plus for me here. John

John Larkin wrote:
> Hi, > > Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports > autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the > batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and > boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. > > If you have one, I might buy it.
Short the power on button. Put a 100uF electrolytics on the RESET line. Here you go. Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant http://www.abvolt.com
Test only