PSoC or FPGA?

Started by fasf March 20, 2011
On Mar 24, 11:17=A0am, John Larkin
<jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 05:13:14 -0700, TheGlimmerMan > > > > <justaglim...@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote: > >On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <n...@dev.null> wrote: > > >>On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:26:13 -0700 John Larkin > >><jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in Message id: > >><i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906...@4ax.com>: > > >>>Hi, > > >>>Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports > >>>autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the > >>>batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and > >>>boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. > > >>>If you have one, I might buy it. > > >>>If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of > >>>those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. > >>>Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them > >>>with the restart BIOS option. > > >>I can recommend this one: > >>http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9803 > > > =A0The only thing totally retarded about you is how stupid you are. =A0=
The
> >only thing totally retarded about this choice is the PRICE! > > > =A0What a fucking joke! > > > =A0It is LAME! =A0It has NO HDMI out, which means it is a three year ol=
> >design at least. > > > =A0The Zotac boards are USB 3.0 now and even those MOBOs are only $135 > >each. > > > =A0You are a Barnum and Bailey SUCKER! > > > =A0But that is only because you do not know how to find what is good, m=
uch
> >less of high value. > > > It will not socket the new CPUs. =A0The Zotacz can handle the i7 even. > > > =A0It uses old SLOW RAM. > > > Jeez that MOBO is LAME! > > > =A0You must be an MSI shill. > > >>We've shipped close to a thousand of them in our industrial PCs. > > > =A0Looks like you make stupid, cheap shit too then. > > >> Very low > >>failure rate from the field. > > > =A0Yeah, since it pretty much does NOTHING. > > >> Uses a 965GME mobile chipset and CPU. They do > >>have the power on after power fail option. > > > =A0It relates to the BIOS idiot, not the chipset. > > >>>Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to > >>>be always on. > > >>Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power o=
> >>by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector. A work-around that we've u=
sed
> >>is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on =
the
> >>motherboard until it sees +5V. I could send you our schematic if you wa=
nt
> >>it. So simple you probably don't even need it... > > > =A0So retarded is more like it. > > > =A0Nice job of showing us how stupid you are, and how stupid the > >"products" your shit company "makes" and offers. > > > =A0Tell us the name so I can be sure to never use your crap. > > You're angry about everything, aren't you. > > All that anger will make you old before your time. And make the time > that you have worthless. Sort of a double whammy. > > John
I'm using the asus at510nt-i. Cheap on sale at Fry's for $139. However, being at the cutting edge can be a pain in the ass. You should see how many issues there were with that board. I would still suggest using the D525 cpu if it is in your power budget. For basic computing (a modest server application), I draw 33 watts from the AC. This is using cascaded switchers, i.e. one for AC to 12V, then the wide range 6-32V DC/DC in the box itself. The hard drive is an Intel SSD. The asus at510nt-i had a great bios fubar, well semi-fubar. It shipped with bios not capable of using two 2gbyte stick of sodim. So the pioneering customers has to put in a 1gbyte stick to get the mobo to post, then upgrade the bios for the full 4Gbytes. While Asus is a good company, that is one of the most boneheaded screws I've ever heard. And most of the QVL memory didn't work. I depended on using Newegg customer reviews and forums to build mine
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:20:28 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

> >I've also heard of people hard-grounding the PS control line. An ITX >box can do this.
You're an idiot. It is not form factor specific, idiot. It is BIOS specific, AND POWER SUPPLY specific. If they are fully compliant with the ATX spec, it will NOT perform as you state, and maybe your POS worked that way, but that does not mean that all ITX 'boards' do. If you were any more stupid, I'd swear that you were Roy's little brother.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:23:28 -0400, WangoTango <Asgard24@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906sk3@4ax.com>, >jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com says... >> Hi, >> >> Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >> autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >> batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >> boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >> >> If you have one, I might buy it. >> >> If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >> those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >> Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >> with the restart BIOS option. Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >> be always on. >> > >All of the ASUS MOBOs I have owned have the option to restart after AC >loss. That's how I have them all set, so you can kill the UPS or power >center and have them reboot when you flip the switch, WITHOUT having to >touch any switches on the system.
Learn to READ, you stupid fuck. LAPTOP.
<krw@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote in message
> Well... I taught at a reasonably well known college. Only about 5% of the > seniors could write a program to convert bases without being told how to do > it. 75% couldn't do it even after being told.
Why, were you teaching them COBOL or Ada? Just kidding. :-) (...running for cover from all the COBOL and Ada proponents...) I take it the language was something like C or Java or BASIC? I'm rather grateful that they taught us how to convert to and from base 5 back in elementary school -- made it that much easier when I started learning useful bases like 2 and 16!
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:45:40 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote: > >>On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:26:13 -0700 John Larkin >><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in Message id: >><i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906sk3@4ax.com>: >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >>>autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >>>batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >>>boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >>> >>>If you have one, I might buy it. >>> >>>If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >>>those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >>>Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >>>with the restart BIOS option. >> >>I can recommend this one: >>http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9803 >> >>We've shipped close to a thousand of them in our industrial PCs. Very low >>failure rate from the field. Uses a 965GME mobile chipset and CPU. They do >>have the power on after power fail option. >> >>>Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >>>be always on. >> >>Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power on >>by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector. A work-around that we've used >>is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on the >>motherboard until it sees +5V. I could send you our schematic if you want >>it. So simple you probably don't even need it... > >Hey, those Logicsupply people are good. A real person answered all my >questions, have what I need, offered additional help, and the price is >excellent. They do have a fanless system that will autoboot on >powerup... >
Yet another overpriced, underpowered total POS. You will not, nor can not beat the Acer Revo I posted about. It is $189.00 all day long, and has everything you need. and more. The new ones are even better, albeit a bit pricyer.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:17:37 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>You're angry about everything, aren't you.
Nope. Not angry at all, about anything, idiot.
> >All that anger will make you old before your time.
What anger?
> And make the time >that you have worthless. Sort of a double whammy.
Funny. My life is not like that, and you having such a familiarity with it tells me that it more likely describes you. My time is not worthless. Strike one. I am not old due to any anger aging process. Strike two through infinity. You couldn't be any more retarded. You are so stupid, you would buy the crap that asshole spammed here. Or worse, buy something from his company.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:49:22 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
<zapwireDASHgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:

><krw@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote in message >news:75mno6t6djmo958130avcgri0858jhtqlm@4ax.com... >> Well... I taught at a reasonably well known college. Only about 5% of the >> seniors could write a program to convert bases without being told how to do >> it. 75% couldn't do it even after being told. > >Why, were you teaching them COBOL or Ada?
>Just kidding. :-) (...running for cover from all the COBOL and Ada >proponents...)
>I take it the language was something like C or Java or BASIC?
x86 assembler, but the language was irrelevant. They couldn't do it themselves, much less write pseudo-code to do it.
>I'm rather grateful that they taught us how to convert to and from base 5 back >in elementary school -- made it that much easier when I started learning >useful bases like 2 and 16!
We were doing arithmetic and converting between bases (directly, not through base-10) in every base up to 32 (characters got tough after that) when we were in fifth and sixth grades. Jr. High was a total waste, though.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:33:22 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:08:08 -0000, "TTman" <pcw1.cad@ntlworld.com> >wrote: > >> >>"John Larkin" <jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message >>news:i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906sk3@4ax.com... >>> Hi, >>> >>> Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >>> autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >>> batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >>> boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >>> >>> If you have one, I might buy it. >>> >>> If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >>> those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >>> Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >>> with the restart BIOS option. Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >>> be always on. >>> >>> John >>> >>> >>I seem to recall in the old days fitting a cap across the reset switch, >>which made the PC power up on its own when mains was applied... >>Is that an option for you ? >> > >Don't know if that will work, and I'd have to invest in hardware just >to find out. It's looking like an industrial Mini-ITX box is the way >to go, with external keyboard and monitor. > >John
The Acer revo mounts right to the back of the display, dingledorf. You're an idiot for buying one of those overpriced 3 year plus old design. IF you were going to go ITX, you'd be better off building your own. ALL of the "industrial" offerings are triple overprice triple year old CRAP. They come with NO OS, and many times no CPU or RAM or HD! The REVO has all three and more. You couldn't get any dumber. Hell, you are so dumb that once you realize I am right, you will STILL go out of your way to buy something else. Sorry, but the Lenovo and other offerings are nice, but still do not match the revo. Especially on price/performance. But you go right ahead, loser.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:00:18 -0700, TheGlimmerMan
<justaglimmer@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:45:40 -0700, John Larkin ><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote: > >>On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:21:50 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote: >> >>>On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:26:13 -0700 John Larkin >>><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in Message id: >>><i10lo6heaselrhr0hn81ifoi6ha1906sk3@4ax.com>: >>> >>>>Hi, >>>> >>>>Does anybody know of a laptop PC that has a BIOS that supports >>>>autostart after a power fail? Like, if the AC power fails, and the >>>>batteries die, and then power comes back up, I need it to power up and >>>>boot Windows, unattended. Many desktop PCs have this as a bios option. >>>> >>>>If you have one, I might buy it. >>>> >>>>If I can't do this in a laptop, I guess I'll have to go to one of >>>>those little cube things, with a Mini-ITX motherboard or whatever. >>>>Plus external monitor and keyboard. And I'd have to find one of them >>>>with the restart BIOS option. >>> >>>I can recommend this one: >>>http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9803 >>> >>>We've shipped close to a thousand of them in our industrial PCs. Very low >>>failure rate from the field. Uses a 965GME mobile chipset and CPU. They do >>>have the power on after power fail option. >>> >>>>Or possibly hot-wire the power supply to >>>>be always on. >>> >>>Many motherboards will not power up properly when you force the power on >>>by grounding the PS-ON at the ATX connector. A work-around that we've used >>>is a 555 that runs from +5SB that continuously pokes the PWR_ON pin on the >>>motherboard until it sees +5V. I could send you our schematic if you want >>>it. So simple you probably don't even need it... >> >>Hey, those Logicsupply people are good. A real person answered all my >>questions, have what I need, offered additional help, and the price is >>excellent. They do have a fanless system that will autoboot on >>powerup... >> > > Yet another overpriced, underpowered total POS.
I want low power. That's an asset, not a liability.
> > You will not, nor can not beat the Acer Revo I posted about. > > It is $189.00 all day long, and has everything you need. and more.
All I see is numbers like $337, or else "no stock." And I can't be sure about the powerup bios situation. The Logicsupply people answered my questions right away, and confirmed the powerup option. I got what I need, fully assembled and tested, for $279. I doubt that Acer will answer detailed questions about their BIOS... if you can email them at all. It's worth a few bucks to get exactly what I need, with no hassles. John
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:01:53 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
<martin_rid@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have a jetway board that I need to evaluate. Hope some one else comes >out with a i7 dual lan ITX board.
Zotac. One LAN is 100 base, and the other is Wireless-G. They probably DO have a dual 100 base as well. Most of their current offerings support the i7, but on an ITX, I doubt that you would need anything stronger than an i5. Hell, their ATom job would probably work for you. If you think that an i7 could manage net traffic better than an i5 or the Atom, yer nuts. The CPU is not the bottleneck. Moral: You probably should waste the money for an i7 for your next personal home machine, and get something far cheaper for the ITX.