Flyguy and fire-bombing.

Started by Anthony William Sloman March 20, 2022
Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country.

There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries.

I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire.

Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries.

He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states  "okay" or "on fire".

In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient.

This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate.

At some point the battery can eventually  go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire.

If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this  is starting to happen  - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries.

If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire.

So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground.

If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors.

All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though  I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bozo Bill is a blatant troll...

Bozo Bill Sloman, the most frequent troll in this group, is an
attention-craving chronic liar who cannot be reasoned with...

"the Mueller investigation was about Trump only because Trump made it so"
(Bozo paraphrased)

"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions"
(Bill Sloman)

--
Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

> X-Received: by 2002:a05:622a:41:b0:2e1:df22:358 with SMTP id y1-20020a05622a004100b002e1df220358mr12690847qtw.186.1647760726511; Sun, 20 Mar 2022 00:18:46 -0700 (PDT) > X-Received: by 2002:a81:84d2:0:b0:2e5:c04e:1976 with SMTP id u201-20020a8184d2000000b002e5c04e1976mr15237132ywf.212.1647760726241; Sun, 20 Mar 2022 00:18:46 -0700 (PDT) > Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail > Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design > Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 00:18:45 -0700 (PDT) > Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=123.243.66.234; posting-account=SJ46pgoAAABuUDuHc5uDiXN30ATE-zi- > NNTP-Posting-Host: 123.243.66.234 > User-Agent: G2/1.0 > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Message-ID: <404775b0-f5a0-4021-82d1-47618698307dn@googlegroups.com> > Subject: Flyguy and fire-bombing. > From: Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> > Injection-Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 07:18:46 +0000 > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" > Lines: 27 > Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:663635 > > Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country. > > There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries. > > I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire. > > Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries. > > He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states "okay" or "on fire". > > In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient. > > This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate. > > At some point the battery can eventually go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire. > > If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. > > If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire. > > So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground. > > If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors. > > All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot. > > -- > Bill Sloman, Sydney > >
The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:
> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from > breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is > CLUELESS...
And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:11:45 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t1cath$gii$2@dont-email.me>. This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that the John Doe troll does not even follow it's own rules that it uses to troll other posters. Gt6wIuSyRh8L
Poor liddle Eddie got spanked and just can't get over it.

Unless Eddie is nym-shifting, it has never posted anything NORMAL
except when it got a severe spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

Is Eddie a nym-shifting troll, or a newbie netcop wannabe?

See also...
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99@gmail.com>
Edward H. <dtgamer99@gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99@gmail.com>

Eddie is an example for all newbies. Don't get spanked!

Spanked Eddie...

--

<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...
And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:
> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from > breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is > CLUELESS...
NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam. And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Tue, 22 Mar 2022 12:44:26 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t1cgba$uad$4@dont-email.me>). Further, Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me> posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022 08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):
> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing > except insults to this group.
Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio to USENET has been 54.1% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET. This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that the John Doe troll does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters. Kl1AXo+a4ehj
On Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 10:11:52 PM UTC+11, John Doe wrote:
> Anthony William Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:
> > Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country. > > > > There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries. > > > > I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire. > > > > Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries. > > > > He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states "okay" or "on fire". > > > > In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient. > > > > This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate. > > > > At some point the battery can eventually go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire. > > > > If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. > > > > If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire. > > > > So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground. > > > > If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors. > > > > All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot. > > Bill is a blatant troll...
I'm sure that it makes John Doe happy to think that. He's in the same league of blatant anonymous trolls as Flyguy, and shares Flyguy's habit of postiing his fatuous delusions as if they were facts. His problem - like Flyguy - is that he's nothing but a troll. He doesn't know anything about electronic design, and mostly posts right-wing political nonsense that has nothing to do with electronic design. My opinion is that he's mainly an obnoxious creep, but that's just my opinion. <I snipped the rest of his recycled insults - they weren't worth posting when he originally came up with them> -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 12:18:49 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country. > > There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries. > > I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire. > > Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries. > > He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states "okay" or "on fire". > > In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient. > > This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate. > > At some point the battery can eventually go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire. > > If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. > > If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire. > > So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground. > > If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors. > > All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot. > > -- > SNIPPERMAN, Sydney
Hey SNIPPERMAN, how is what YOU said DIFFERENT from what I said? You think it is a good idea to drop BURNING BATTERIES from AIRCRAFT onto very parched, record drought country that has experienced UNPRECEDENTED WILDFIRES. Now, I tried to educate your sorry ass in the rules of aviation, but you, being the brain-dead person you are, said things like I am not a certified, licensed pilot (false), which can be easily checked with the FAA (again, you refused). I further suggested that you contact YOUR OWN aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, CASA (https://www.casa.gov.au/). You, of course, REFUSED. Your pursuit of IGNORANCE is unrivaled on SED (except, perhaps, by DecayedBrainMatter).
On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at 3:16:19 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
> On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 12:18:49 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country. > > > > There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries. > > > > I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire. > > > > Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries. > > > > He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states "okay" or "on fire". > > > > In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient. > > > > This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate. > > > > At some point the battery can eventually go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire. > > > > If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. > > > > If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire. > > > > So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground. > > > > If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors. > > > > All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot. > > Hey Sloman, how is what YOU said DIFFERENT from what I said? You think it is a good idea to drop BURNING BATTERIES from AIRCRAFT onto very parched, record drought country that has experienced UNPRECEDENTED WILDFIRES.
"If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. " That is different from what you posted. I'll leave you to work out how.
> Now, I tried to educate your sorry ass in the rules of aviation, but you, being the brain-dead person you are, said things like I am not a certified, licensed pilot (false), which can be easily checked with the FAA (again, you refused).
You are an anonymous troll. You have outed yourself as Tom Seim, but that may be an assumed identity. I didn't actually say you weren't a licensed pilot - I merely pointed out that somebody as stupid as you regularly prove yourself to be (see above) wouldn't last long if they tried to fly an aircraft.
> I further suggested that you contact YOUR OWN aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, CASA (https://www.casa.gov.au/). You, of course, REFUSED.
Why would I bother?
> Your pursuit of IGNORANCE is unrivaled on SED (except, perhaps, by DecayedBrainMatter).
I certainly find a lot of ignorance here. I don't actually pursue it, but when it does get thrust in my face I do name it for what it is. Decadent Linux User Numero Uno doesn't get all that much wrong, whereas you can't even spell his name right (or mine for that matter). Like every other idiot you excuse yourself because you are making a joke, but only an idiot like you makes the same feeble joke time and time again. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On 3/28/22 21:16, Flyguy wrote:
> On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 12:18:49 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org > wrote: >> Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my >> own country. >> >> There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with >> an accident report > > Hey SNIPPERMAN, how is what YOU said DIFFERENT from what I said?
You said that wings have to be chopped off to drop batteries.
> You think it is a good idea to drop BURNING BATTERIES from AIRCRAFT > onto very parched, record drought country that has experienced > UNPRECEDENTED WILDFIRES.
We saw pictures of the accident site. Green, grassy land.
> Now, I tried to educate your sorry ass in the rules of aviation, but > you, being the brain-dead person you are, said things like I am not a > certified, licensed pilot (false),
Hardware is certified, Airmen are Certificated. Drivers are licensed.
On Monday, March 28, 2022 at 10:31:28 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at 3:16:19 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote: > > On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 12:18:49 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > Flyguy has this nasty habit of claiming that I want to fire bomb my own country. > > > > > > There was a thread about electric aircraft, and Flyguy came up with an accident report about an ultralight aircraft that had caught on fire. essentially because it's owner had abused the batteries. > > > > > > I suggested that it would make sense to dump an overheating battery pack before it caught on fire. > > > > > > Flyguy over-simplified this into a recommendation that the pilot dumped burning batteries. > > > > > > He seems to have decided that batteries can only have two states "okay" or "on fire". > > > > > > In reality, batteries always self-discharge to some extent, so they are always a bit warmer than ambient. > > > > > > This doesn't get to be a problem until the self-heating gets to a point where it starts increasing the self-discharge rate. > > > > > > At some point the battery can eventually go into thermal runaway, when the battery temperature starts rising rapidly and the battery pack can eventually catch on fire. > > > > > > If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. > > > > > > If you make sure that battery pack breaks up as you dump it, it won't get as hot and may never ever catch on fire. > > > > > > So it shouldn't look like a bunch of fire bombs before it hits the ground. > > > > > > If you pick up on the temperature rise early enough, the individual cells should never get hot enough to catch on fire once they have been spread out enough not to warm up their neighbors. > > > > > > All this is much to complicated for Flyguy to process, though I have explained it from time to time. It may be that he really is a stupid as he looks, or he may not feel the need to put in the effort required to realise that he's being an idiot. > > > > Hey Sloman, how is what YOU said DIFFERENT from what I said? You think it is a good idea to drop BURNING BATTERIES from AIRCRAFT onto very parched, record drought country that has experienced UNPRECEDENTED WILDFIRES. > "If you monitor the internal temperature of the battery pack, you can recognise when this is starting to happen - long before the battery catches on fire - and dump the batteries. " > That is different from what you posted. I'll leave you to work out how. > > Now, I tried to educate your sorry ass in the rules of aviation, but you, being the brain-dead person you are, said things like I am not a certified, licensed pilot (false), which can be easily checked with the FAA (again, you refused). > You are an anonymous troll. You have outed yourself as Tom Seim, but that may be an assumed identity. I didn't actually say you weren't a licensed pilot - I merely pointed out that somebody as stupid as you regularly prove yourself to be (see above) wouldn't last long if they tried to fly an aircraft.
Hey Dickhead, then I am NOT anonymous, you fucking idiot. And, YES you did say that, you liar.
> > I further suggested that you contact YOUR OWN aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, CASA (https://www.casa.gov.au/). You, of course, REFUSED. > Why would I bother?
To educate your sorry ass, you fool.
> > Your pursuit of IGNORANCE is unrivaled on SED (except, perhaps, by DecayedBrainMatter). > I certainly find a lot of ignorance here. I don't actually pursue it, but when it does get thrust in my face I do name it for what it is. Decadent Linux User Numero Uno doesn't get all that much wrong, whereas you can't even spell his name right (or mine for that matter). Like every other idiot you excuse yourself because you are making a joke, but only an idiot like you makes the same feeble joke time and time again.
The hell you don't - you go out of your way to be ignorant, like not talking to CASA, you dumb shit.