OT: not a merry Christmas

Started by Anthony William Sloman December 23, 2021
On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 9:23:13 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 12:17:33 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 3:10:28 PM UTC-5, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote: > > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:58:11 AM UTC-5, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:36:34 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > <snip> > > > This will be a new peak like we haven't seen before and many, many people will die. We can hope I am wrong and the reports of lower severity are not exaggerated. At some point, I expect the larger infection numbers will overtake the lower severity and the death counts will rise significantly. > > > > I don't care what you think, you're an ignorant moron. > Fred does like to post that about other people. It save him from the effort of explaining why he disagrees with their opinions which is frequently because he has got something wrong and lacks the capacity to work out why. > > Go take your park bench musings to some other NG. > If only Fred would take his own advice. He still seems to think that "a highly conserved domain " means "a domain that doesn't mutate" when it actually means "a domain where most mutations are lethal so we never get to see them".
You can't explain anything to morons. They just need to be told to get lost. You're another weasel who thinks he's caught someone in a mistake. But you're just another useless jackass of no consequence.
On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 1:58:11 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:36:34 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > After last's years family Christmas get-together got cancelled because my brother's house was just inside the southern edge of a Covid-19 hot-spot, I suppose I should have expected that this year would be worse. > > > > > > One of my grand-nieces showed up at my brother's house day or so ago, then went home to find that she was a Covid-19 contact and should get tested, and proved to have been infected. She'd managed to infect her grandmother - as demonstrated this morning, with symptoms that prompted a rapid antigen test at home. My brother and his wife have about a dozen grand-children so they were prepared. > > > > > > Both my brother and his wife are double-vaccinated and boosted, but they are in their seventies, so it is a bit worrying. > > > > The only people who end up dying these days are the ones who let the infection get away from them before seeking competent treatment. > I wonder why Fred thinks that? He's probably trying to persuade himself that he isn't likely to die of Covid-19 > > Do you fool people even own a pulse oximeter and thermometer? Oh well, never mind about any of that, just burn an incense stick. > Everybody owns a thermometer. The local chemist doesn't seem to stock blood oximeters. Amazon has them for about $A30.00, so it could be a sensible investment, for anybody who knew enough about blood oxygen levels to react sensibly to the output - I don't (though I could probably find out). Incense sticks don't do anything useful, which is presumably Fred's point.
Relying on testing is for morons who don' know anything.
On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 2:40:47 PM UTC-5, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 26/12/2021 16:01, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 9:11:29 AM UTC-5, Martin Brown wrote: > >> On 25/12/2021 14:58, Fred Bloggs wrote: > >>> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:36:34 PM UTC-5, > >>> bill....@ieee.org wrote: > >>>> After last's years family Christmas get-together got cancelled > >>>> because my brother's house was just inside the southern edge of a > >>>> Covid-19 hot-spot, I suppose I should have expected that this year > >>>> would be worse. > >>>> > >>>> One of my grand-nieces showed up at my brother's house day or so > >>>> ago, then went home to find that she was a Covid-19 contact and > >>>> should get tested, and proved to have been infected. She'd managed > >>>> to infect her grandmother - as demonstrated this morning, with > >>>> symptoms that prompted a rapid antigen test at home. My brother and > >>>> his wife have about a dozen grand-children so they were prepared. > >>>> > >>>> Both my brother and his wife are double-vaccinated and boosted, but > >>>> they are in their seventies, so it is a bit worrying. > >>> > >>> The only people who end up dying these days are the ones who let the > >>> infection get away from them before seeking competent treatment. Do > >> > >> Not true. A small proportion of individuals seem predisposed to have > >> nasty complications with Covid. They are closing in on several genes > >> that seem to be implicated in the most extreme immune over reaction. > > > > Don't contradict me, idiot. > Why not? When you are so clearly such a clueless fuckwit!
Sure I am, retard. All you've ever done is parrot new articles obviously can't understand.
On 25/12/2021 19:58, John Walliker wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 12:23:20 UTC, Martin Brown wrote: >> On 24/12/2021 20:35, Don Y wrote:
>>> Or, we'll discover that folks are reluctant to enter that field >>> having seen/heard horror stories of the conditions those >>> providers faced. What do you do when there aren't enough doctors >>> and nurses to address the population? (Import more Pakistani doctors?) >> UK may reach that stage soon in central London but for the moment they >> can export their sickest patients to other cities medical facilities. >> Where it gets very problematic is when too many medics have also caught >> the disease and the disease is widespread across the country. >> >> We might get away with it if London has largely recovered again before >> the other major cities suffer catastrophic health service collapse. > > The time course in different areas can be followed here: > https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases > In some parts of London the infection rate is astonishingly high.
That is an interesting take on the data. Not one I have seen before. Thanks. My own rural area is still relatively benign at 420/100k. I have friends living in cities at 3-4x that level.
> For example in "Acre Lane" 5.6% of the population caught covid in the > 7-day period ending 6 days ago. The numbers will almost certainly > be even higher now.
The scientists are briefing The Boris today so we can expect nothing much to happen for at least another week. I wonder if he realises that his "Plan B from Outer Space" was a dodgy B movie. It fits very well with his cabinet of almost entirely talentless B-ark material.
> It really does feel as if it is just a matter of time before everyone gets > infected, regardless of how much care is taken. It is everywhere. > John
I think that is ultimately how it has to play out. I hope that the combination of AZx2 + Pfizer is enough to ameliorate the symptoms. They predict at present that 75% of people fully boosted will be virtually asymptomatic and the majority of the rest will have mild symptoms. I suspect England will gamble on keeping everything open for now. It remains to be seen if this is wishful thinking or reality. The London hospitalisation rate wasn't looking too good on Christmas Eve. Rising by about 50% per week on the 7 day average isn't sustainable for long. It will be crazy if they exactly repeat the mistake of last year by mixing it all up in school for just one day and then hard lockdown. (schools have been the locus of infection for a few months now) -- Regards, Martin Brown
On 25/12/21 12:23, Martin Brown wrote:
> Yes. We are at 120+k/day on a 60M population. It is likely even more than that > since some selfish people are deliberately not getting tested. Many have deleted > the contact tracing app from their phone.
I know one that has even blocked the contract tracing number on his phone. Why? Because if they called him, he would become homeless. Hence his is a rational response to the situation and its irrational pressures.
On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 1:29:17 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 9:23:13 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 12:17:33 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 3:10:28 PM UTC-5, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote: > > > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:58:11 AM UTC-5, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > > > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:36:34 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > <snip> > > > > This will be a new peak like we haven't seen before and many, many people will die. We can hope I am wrong and the reports of lower severity are not exaggerated. At some point, I expect the larger infection numbers will overtake the lower severity and the death counts will rise significantly. > > > > > > I don't care what you think, you're an ignorant moron. > > > > Fred does like to post that about other people. It save him from the effort of explaining why he disagrees with their opinions which is frequently because he has got something wrong and lacks the capacity to work out why. > > > Go take your park bench musings to some other NG. > > If only Fred would take his own advice. He still seems to think that "a highly conserved domain " means "a domain that doesn't mutate" when it actually means "a domain where most mutations are lethal so we never get to see them". > > You can't explain anything to morons. They just need to be told to get lost.
That's Fred's excuse for not explaining anything. It is transparently self-serving.
> You're another weasel who thinks he's caught someone in a mistake. But you're just another useless jackass of no consequence.
You made the mistake, and proceeded to refuse to acknowledge that you'd made an ass of yourself. That makes you the useless jackass of no consequence, but you are too dim to realise it. You could aspire to be a weasel but you lack the native cunning. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 3:31:12 AM UTC+11, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 25/12/2021 19:58, John Walliker wrote: > > On Saturday, 25 December 2021 at 12:23:20 UTC, Martin Brown wrote: > >> On 24/12/2021 20:35, Don Y wrote:
<snip>
> > It really does feel as if it is just a matter of time before everyone gets > > infected, regardless of how much care is taken. It is everywhere.
It wouldn't have been if quite a few people had taken more care - which is to say less worried about the economy, which still doesn't do well when lots of people got infected because you didn't lock down hard enough.
> I think that is ultimately how it has to play out. I hope that the combination of AZx2 + Pfizer is enough to ameliorate the symptoms. They predict at present that 75% of people fully boosted will be virtually asymptomatic and the majority of the rest will have mild symptoms. I > suspect England will gamble on keeping everything open for now.
The minority who still get severe symptoms can still overload the hospitals, and end up dying because they can't get the care they need.
> It remains to be seen if this is wishful thinking or reality. The London hospitalisation rate wasn't looking too good on Christmas Eve. Rising by about 50% per week on the 7 day average isn't sustainable for long.
It looks even less sustainable if you happen to be one of the people who ends up needing to be hospitalised, and can't get in.
> It will be crazy if they exactly repeat the mistake of last year by mixing it all up in school for just one day and then hard lockdown. (schools have been the locus of infection for a few months now).
Kids don't get very sick, but they are great at infecting other people. Australia is getting on with vaccinating the 5- to 11-year-olds -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On 27/12/2021 22:04, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 25/12/21 12:23, Martin Brown wrote: >> Yes. We are at 120+k/day on a 60M population. It is likely even more >> than that since some selfish people are deliberately not getting >> tested. Many have deleted the contact tracing app from their phone. > > I know one that has even blocked the contract tracing number on > his phone. Why? Because if they called him, he would become > homeless. > > Hence his is a rational response to the situation and its > irrational pressures.
Many people block the entire 0300 code block since in normal times they are cold calling telesales spammers that you never want to talk to! -- Regards, Martin Brown
On 28/12/21 09:41, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 27/12/2021 22:04, Tom Gardner wrote: >> On 25/12/21 12:23, Martin Brown wrote: >>> Yes. We are at 120+k/day on a 60M population. It is likely even more than >>> that since some selfish people are deliberately not getting tested. Many have >>> deleted the contact tracing app from their phone. >> >> I know one that has even blocked the contract tracing number on >> his phone. Why? Because if they called him, he would become >> homeless. >> >> Hence his is a rational response to the situation and its >> irrational pressures. > > Many people block the entire 0300 code block since in normal times they are cold > calling telesales spammers that you never want to talk to!
In most cases when I give a company my phone number (or address), it is a false one. That reduces the chance of me being bothered when the details are illegally sold. Doesn't affect the "random" robodiallers, though.
On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 9:47:17 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 1:29:17 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 9:23:13 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 12:17:33 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 3:10:28 PM UTC-5, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote: > > > > > On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:58:11 AM UTC-5, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > > > > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:36:34 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > <snip> > > > > > This will be a new peak like we haven't seen before and many, many people will die. We can hope I am wrong and the reports of lower severity are not exaggerated. At some point, I expect the larger infection numbers will overtake the lower severity and the death counts will rise significantly. > > > > > > > > I don't care what you think, you're an ignorant moron. > > > > > > Fred does like to post that about other people. It save him from the effort of explaining why he disagrees with their opinions which is frequently because he has got something wrong and lacks the capacity to work out why. > > > > Go take your park bench musings to some other NG. > > > If only Fred would take his own advice. He still seems to think that "a highly conserved domain " means "a domain that doesn't mutate" when it actually means "a domain where most mutations are lethal so we never get to see them". > > > > You can't explain anything to morons. They just need to be told to get lost. > That's Fred's excuse for not explaining anything. It is transparently self-serving. > > You're another weasel who thinks he's caught someone in a mistake. But you're just another useless jackass of no consequence. > You made the mistake, and proceeded to refuse to acknowledge that you'd made an ass of yourself. That makes you the useless jackass of no consequence, but you are too dim to realise it. You could aspire to be a weasel but you lack the native cunning.
I'm not really in your assessment since you're a proven lifelong unaccomplished idiot, along with that David Brown character and other brainless types like you. You obviously thought you were going to dominate the discussion based on your advanced education in an unrelated field, and it just didn't work out for you. In the present instance you you have been told time and time again that I was merely repeating the wording of a medical author/ reporter. You're too stupid to understand this. In addition to being functional ignorant beyond salvage , you're functionally incapacitated by an inordinate level of old fashioned stupidity.