Will my speed controller work on my drill press?

Started by John Doe December 27, 2019
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in

>> Problem solved. The other manner would be to get and use a >>variable speed drill to start with. > > Ummm... we're discussing a drill press, not a hand drill. >
First "drill press we had was a huge 5/8" chuck 1/2 horse drill clamp mounted on a press arm made for that purpose. I am pretty sure it was single speed. But my new Ridgid battery operated hand drill is VERY powerful, and would make a great drill to mount on such a 'press'. It is the most impressive little drill I have seen in a long time, and the first one I ever bought. Ridgid makes very good quality products.