Forums

LT Spice library IRFZ44, Centered tapped Transformer and PV cell

Started by Qasim khan December 2, 2019
Hi Dear all,


Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. 

1. RFZ44 
2. Centered tapped  Transformer
3. PV cell  


Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation.


Regards,
Qasim
On 02/12/2019 8:00 am, Qasim khan wrote:
> Hi Dear all, > > > Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. > > 1. RFZ44 > 2. Centered tapped Transformer > 3. PV cell > > > Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. > > > Regards, > Qasim >
1. Sorry cant help with IRFZ44 but there are similar looking devices in the default libraries - can't you just examine datasheets and pick the closest one? 2. Model as two separate inductors with equal inductance, then couple them with the K directive and join the dot end of one to the non-dot end of the other to make the centre tap. 3. Model as a current source paralleled by a silicon diode, choose a diode with Vf vs If to suit the PV you want? piglet
On 02/12/2019 12:30 pm, piglet wrote:
> On 02/12/2019 8:00 am, Qasim khan wrote: >> Hi Dear all, >> >> >> Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. >> >> 1. RFZ44 >> 2. Centered tapped  Transformer >> 3. PV cell >> >> >> Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. >> >> >> Regards, >> Qasim >> > > 1. Sorry cant help with IRFZ44 but there are similar looking devices in > the default libraries - can't you just examine datasheets and pick the > closest one? > > 2. Model as two separate inductors with equal inductance, then couple > them with the K directive and join the dot end of one to the non-dot end > of the other to make the centre tap. > > 3. Model as a current source paralleled by a silicon diode, choose a > diode with Vf vs If to suit the PV you want? > > piglet >
Re:1 - just checked and IRFZ44 model is in the default LTspice IV library but no longer in LTspice XVII piglet
On 12/02/2019 09:00 AM, Qasim khan wrote:
> Hi Dear all, > > > Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. > > 1. RFZ44 > 2. Centered tapped Transformer > 3. PV cell > > > Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. > > > Regards, > Qasim >
This one was fudged to provide approximately correct voltage/current for the UIKO 156x156mm cell % W(mpp)V(mpp)A(mpp)V(oc) A(sc) S3 17.50 4.258 0.526 8.108 0.622 8.563 *I_DD=Isc-Voc/Ri=8.563-0.622/1.156=8.024 *I_s=300n(guess) *U_T=26mV *U_D=0.622 *U_T*ln(I_DD/IS)=U_D *n=U_D/(U_T*ln(I_DD/IS))=1.398 *duh.. have2guess for a better fit *I_s=3n .model PVCELL D(Is=3n N=1.1)
Qasim khan wrote...
> > Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. > > 1. RFZ44 > 2. Centered tapped Transformer > 3. PV cell
The IRFZ44 is a star in our "MOSFETs through the ages" section in AoE x-Chapters. That part was introduced ca 1986, and we cover how it quickly went through a series of changes, each with a different part-number suffix. Mostly they made improvements, from the point of view of switching applications, see x-Chapter table in DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3an0wn8jjl26p0c/3x.11_IRFZ44-types.JPG?dl=1 We have lots more to say in the text, but as you can see, they massively changed most of the parameters, keeping only Vds at 55 to 60V, and Id(max) at 35 to 40 amps. While you can still order the original IRFZ44 die from Vishay, most of the IRFZ44 offerings will be different, so much that you'll want to use a different SPICE model. -- Thanks, - Win
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 12:36:12 +0000, piglet <erichpwagner@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 02/12/2019 12:30 pm, piglet wrote: >> On 02/12/2019 8:00 am, Qasim khan wrote: >>> Hi Dear all, >>> >>> >>> Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. >>> >>> 1. RFZ44 >>> 2. Centered tapped&#2013266080; Transformer >>> 3. PV cell >>> >>> >>> Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. >>> >>> >>> Regards, >>> Qasim >>> >> >> 1. Sorry cant help with IRFZ44 but there are similar looking devices in >> the default libraries - can't you just examine datasheets and pick the >> closest one? >> >> 2. Model as two separate inductors with equal inductance, then couple >> them with the K directive and join the dot end of one to the non-dot end >> of the other to make the centre tap. >> >> 3. Model as a current source paralleled by a silicon diode, choose a >> diode with Vf vs If to suit the PV you want? >> >> piglet >> > >Re:1 - just checked and IRFZ44 model is in the default LTspice IV >library but no longer in LTspice XVII > >piglet
It's just a line of text. Someone who still has IV installed could pull it out of the standard.mos file. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 12:36:12 +0000, piglet <erichpwagner@hotmail.com> > wrote: > >> On 02/12/2019 12:30 pm, piglet wrote: >>> On 02/12/2019 8:00 am, Qasim khan wrote: >>>> Hi Dear all, >>>> >>>> >>>> Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. >>>> >>>> 1. RFZ44 >>>> 2. Centered tapped Transformer >>>> 3. PV cell >>>> >>>> >>>> Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. >>>> >>>> >>>> Regards, >>>> Qasim >>>> >>> 1. Sorry cant help with IRFZ44 but there are similar looking devices in >>> the default libraries - can't you just examine datasheets and pick the >>> closest one? >>> >>> 2. Model as two separate inductors with equal inductance, then couple >>> them with the K directive and join the dot end of one to the non-dot end >>> of the other to make the centre tap. >>> >>> 3. Model as a current source paralleled by a silicon diode, choose a >>> diode with Vf vs If to suit the PV you want? >>> >>> piglet >>> >> Re:1 - just checked and IRFZ44 model is in the default LTspice IV >> library but no longer in LTspice XVII >> >> piglet > > It's just a line of text. Someone who still has IV installed could > pull it out of the standard.mos file.
Here you go: .model IRFZ44N VDMOS(Rg=1.94 Vto=4 Rd=5.0m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.8m Kp=19 Cgdmax=2.0n Cgdmin=0.08n Cgs=1.4n Cjo=0.9n Is=1.5p tt=63n mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=63n) .model IRFZ44V VDMOS(Rg=1.97 Vto=4 Rd=4.5m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.0m Kp=19 Cgdmax=3.2n Cgdmin=0.05n Cgs=1.6n Cjo=0.9n Is=0.5p tt=70n mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=67n) Jeroen Belleman
Jeroen Belleman wrote...
> >>> Re:1 - just checked and IRFZ44 model is in the default LTspice IV >>> library but no longer in LTspice XVII >> >> It's just a line of text. Someone who still has IV installed could >> pull it out of the standard.mos file. > > Here you go:
.model IRFZ44N VDMOS(Rg=1.94 Vto=4 Rd=5.0m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.8m Kp=19 Cgdmax=2.0n Cgdmin=0.08n Cgs=1.4n Cjo=0.9n Is=1.5p tt=63n
>mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=63n)
.model IRFZ44V VDMOS(Rg=1.97 Vto=4 Rd=4.5m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.0m Kp=19 Cgdmax=3.2n Cgdmin=0.05n Cgs=1.6n Cjo=0.9n Is=0.5p tt=70n mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=67n) That's an IRFZ44N model. See my post showing a table of the different types available. The N type is halfway along on the morphing process, with changes like Rds = 14 rather than 24mR, Coss 360 instead of 920pF, etc. The IRFZ44N is well stocked, but so is IRFZ44Z, which is near the end of the "optimization" pathway for the 'Z44 types. -- Thanks, - Win
On 2 Dec 2019 09:09:32 -0800, Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Jeroen Belleman wrote... >> >>>> Re:1 - just checked and IRFZ44 model is in the default LTspice IV >>>> library but no longer in LTspice XVII >>> >>> It's just a line of text. Someone who still has IV installed could >>> pull it out of the standard.mos file. >> >> Here you go: > >.model IRFZ44N VDMOS(Rg=1.94 Vto=4 Rd=5.0m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.8m Kp=19 >Cgdmax=2.0n Cgdmin=0.08n Cgs=1.4n Cjo=0.9n Is=1.5p tt=63n >>mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=63n) >.model IRFZ44V VDMOS(Rg=1.97 Vto=4 Rd=4.5m Rs=0.0m Rb=6.0m Kp=19 >Cgdmax=3.2n Cgdmin=0.05n Cgs=1.6n Cjo=0.9n Is=0.5p tt=70n >mfg=International_Rectifier Vds=55 Ron=13.9m Qg=67n) > > That's an IRFZ44N model. See my post showing a table of the > different types available. The N type is halfway along on the > morphing process, with changes like Rds = 14 rather than 24mR, > Coss 360 instead of 920pF, etc. The IRFZ44N is well stocked, > but so is IRFZ44Z, which is near the end of the "optimization" > pathway for the 'Z44 types.
There can be huge variations between different manufacturers of a given part number. I've seen same-numbered power transistors from different sources with a 4:1 chip area difference. The small ones were fast and fragile. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com
John Larkin wrote...
> > There can be huge variations between different manufacturers > of a given part number. I've seen same-numbered power > transistors from different sources with a 4:1 chip area > difference. The small ones were fast and fragile.
That's too often true. According to Octopart, only IRF (now Infineon) makes the IRFZ44 family of parts. -- Thanks, - Win