New Semiconductor Device book

Started by amal banerjee October 30, 2023
Dear forum members,

My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published
by Springer and is available at:
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-45750-0

If purchased from the Springer site, the book is available chapter
wise - one can buy chapters of one's choice. The traditional
paper  copies(hard|soft cover) would I think be available in a few
weeks from Amazon.

Based on your feedback(in response to my request a year ago)
the chapters titles are listed below. Of these, chapters 5 - 12 are
the heavy duty ones.
1: Fundamental Quantum and Statistical Mechanics of
Crystalline Solids
2: Charge Transport(Current Flow) in Semiconductors
3: Homogeneous(np|pn) and Heterogeneous(Np) Semiconductor
Junction Fundamentals
4: Basic Heterogeneous Bipolar|Bijunction Transistor(HBT)
Properties
5: Advanced VBIC and Angelov-Chalmers Models for Homogeneous|
Heterogeneous Bipolar|Bijunction Transistors
6: Heterogeneous Junction Field Effect Devices – Schottky
Diode, Metal Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MESFET), High
Electron Mobility Transistor(HEMT)
7: AlGaAs-GaAs, AlGaN-GaN, SiC HEMT Large Signal Model
Equivalent Electrical Circuits(Angelov Chalmers Model) – Normally
On|Off HEMT, pHEMT, mHEMT and MODFET
8: Homogeneous Junction Bipolar|Bijunction Transistor
9: Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor
10: Noise in Semiconductor Devices
11: Semiconductor Device Manufacturing Technologies
12: Designing Transistors for Specific Applications
13: Performance Characteristics of Selected Commercial
Transistors and Technology Computer Aided Design(TCAD) Tools
14: Semiconductor Optoelectronic Devices
15: Gallium Nitride - Reigning King of Ultra High Frequency, Power
 Transistors

I am looking forward to feedback from each of you, as I have plans
for a revised edition sometime in the near future.
On 2023-10-29 23:51, amal banerjee wrote:
> Dear forum members, > > My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published > by Springer and is available at: > https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-45750-0 >
<snip> That was fast! Congratulations! Springer wants $29 for a single chapter. Do you have one we could look at? Thanks Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 http://electrooptical.net http://hobbs-eo.com
On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 6:12:02&#8239;AM UTC+5:30, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> On 2023-10-29 23:51, amal banerjee wrote: > > Dear forum members, > > > > My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published > > by Springer and is available at: > > https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-45750-0 > > > <snip> > > That was fast! Congratulations! > > Springer wants $29 for a single chapter. Do you have one we could look at? > > Thanks > > Phil Hobbs > > -- > Dr Philip C D Hobbs > Principal Consultant > ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics > Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics > Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 > > http://electrooptical.net > http://hobbs-eo.com
Thanks. However I am sorry that I do not have any electronic copy of the book. The manuscript proofreading was done via a secure Springer Nature Web site, for which they supplied me a temporary login name and password.
On Monday, October 30, 2023 at 8:42:02&#8239;PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> On 2023-10-29 23:51, amal banerjee wrote: > > Dear forum members, > > > > My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published > > by Springer and is available at: > > https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-45750-0 > > > <snip> > > That was fast! Congratulations! > > Springer wants $29 for a single chapter. Do you have one we could look at?
Amazon 'rents' the Kindle of the whole ebook for 14.22 per month, which is a new one on me. You can buy the whole Kindle ebook, but it costs more than Springer's non-Kindle ebook in epub or pdf, which is a new one on me. Not quite free but close.
On 2023-11-01 12:00, amal banerjee wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 6:12:02&#8239;AM UTC+5:30, Phil Hobbs wrote: >> On 2023-10-29 23:51, amal banerjee wrote: >>> Dear forum members, >>> >>> My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published >>> by Springer and is available at: >>> https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-45750-0 >>> >> <snip> >> >> That was fast! Congratulations! >> >> Springer wants $29 for a single chapter. Do you have one we could look at?
> > Thanks. However I am sorry that I do not have any electronic copy of the book. The manuscript > proofreading was done via a secure Springer Nature Web site, for which they supplied me a temporary > login name and password. >
How about a draft? I've posted the submitted version of my Thermal Control chapter on my website, for instance. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 http://electrooptical.net http://hobbs-eo.com