HV damages meter?

Started by Ed Lee December 31, 2022
antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote:

>> Why buy cheap junk anything? > > I many cases buying a product is cheapest way to get info > if it is worth anything. In bygone era one could relay > on brands, but this is no longer the case, one can buy > product from expensive brand and get exactly the same > junk as cheap one. > > -- > Waldek Hebisch
I agree. I have bought many DT830 multimeters and found some die for no reason. I also have bought many to give to friends. Since then, I have come across the very best multimeter I have ever seen in my 80 years. It is called the RichMeter RM109. It has very fast autoranging with manual option, 4 1/2 digit, 1 KVDC range, 1MV range with resolution down to 1 microvolt, can measure down to 1e-13A with external 10MEG resistor, measures frequency, capacitance, built-in square wave signal generator. Unblievable performance in a small 5" X 2.5" package. Specifications https://richmeters.en.made-in-china.com/product/rdvAUnjKZocY/China-RM109- Digital-Multimeter-9999-Counts-Square-Wave-Auto-Ranging.html US $22.87 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001966216610.html A companion model measures temperature. -- MRM
On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:05:36 -0000 (UTC), Mike Monett VE3BTI
<spamme@not.com> wrote:

>antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote: > >>> Why buy cheap junk anything? >> >> I many cases buying a product is cheapest way to get info >> if it is worth anything. In bygone era one could relay >> on brands, but this is no longer the case, one can buy >> product from expensive brand and get exactly the same >> junk as cheap one. >> >> -- >> Waldek Hebisch > >I agree. I have bought many DT830 multimeters and found some die for no >reason. I also have bought many to give to friends. > >Since then, I have come across the very best multimeter I have ever seen in >my 80 years. It is called the RichMeter RM109. > >It has very fast autoranging with manual option, 4 1/2 digit, 1 KVDC range, >1MV range with resolution down to 1 microvolt, can measure down to 1e-13A >with external 10MEG resistor, measures frequency, capacitance, built-in >square wave signal generator. Unblievable performance in a small 5" X 2.5" >package. > >Specifications > >https://richmeters.en.made-in-china.com/product/rdvAUnjKZocY/China-RM109- >Digital-Multimeter-9999-Counts-Square-Wave-Auto-Ranging.html > >US $22.87 >https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001966216610.html > >A companion model measures temperature.
Most DVMs are 10 meg input on volts ranges, so even cheap ones are picoammeters.
Mike Monett VE3BTI <spamme@not.com> wrote:
> antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote: > > >> Why buy cheap junk anything? > > > > I many cases buying a product is cheapest way to get info > > if it is worth anything. In bygone era one could relay > > on brands, but this is no longer the case, one can buy > > product from expensive brand and get exactly the same > > junk as cheap one. > > > > -- > > Waldek Hebisch > > I agree. I have bought many DT830 multimeters and found some die for no > reason. I also have bought many to give to friends. > > Since then, I have come across the very best multimeter I have ever seen in > my 80 years. It is called the RichMeter RM109. > > It has very fast autoranging with manual option, 4 1/2 digit, 1 KVDC range, > 1MV range with resolution down to 1 microvolt, can measure down to 1e-13A > with external 10MEG resistor, measures frequency, capacitance, built-in > square wave signal generator. Unblievable performance in a small 5" X 2.5" > package. > > Specifications > > https://richmeters.en.made-in-china.com/product/rdvAUnjKZocY/China-RM109- > Digital-Multimeter-9999-Counts-Square-Wave-Auto-Ranging.html > > US $22.87 > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001966216610.html > > A companion model measures temperature.
That looks quite similar to Aneng AN8009 that I have. They are probably based on the same chip. -- Waldek Hebisch
antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote:

> That looks quite similar to Aneng AN8009 that I have. They are > probably based on the same chip. > > -- > Waldek Hebisch >
You are right. It looks identical. Not only the same chip, it has the same case with different branding. Somewhere there has to be a source that supplies these meters to different companies for distribution. Remarkable design. No need for DT830 any more -- MRM
Buy Vape Cartridges Online
Variegated Plants For Sale Near Me
Bruce Banner #3 Strain
Buy Edibles Online
Buy Dank Gummies 500mg
Brass Knuckles For Sale
White Monstera For Sale
Buy AK-47 Weed Online
Buy One Up Mushroom Bar 3.5G
Tales Of Arabian Nights
Buy Green Crack Online
Ghost Train Haze For Sale
Buy Alaskan Thunder Fuck Online
Buy Budheads Edibles Chewy Cubes 600 mg
Buy Rhaphidophora tetrasperma
Buy Acapulco Gold strain online
Batman 66 Pinball For Sale
Monstera Albo For Sale Florida
Buy Gas Heads Edibles 600mg
Buy Bhang Cartridges Online
Philodendron fibraecataphyllum
Buy Iron Man Pinball Online
Buy Sour Diesel Online
Caudex (Beaucarnea)
Twilight Zone Pinball For Sale
Buy Nova Vape Carts Online
Maranta Lemon Lime For Sale
Philodendron Caramel Marble Variegated
Blueberry Strain For Sale
Pinball Machine Star Wars
Philodendron Florida Beauty Variegata
Buy Kali Mist Online
Jurassic Park Pinball
Buy Chocolope Online
Buy Durban Poison Online
Buy Spliffin Vape Cartridges Online
Buy Skywalker OG Online
Buy Push Vape Cartridges Online
Buy Wonders 1000mg THC Canna Lean Online
Buy Grapefruit Online
Friendly Farms Carts For Sale
Buy Lemon Haze Strain
Buy Weed Online
Variegated Plant Shop

https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/bruce_banner_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/dank_gummies/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/brass_knuckles_for_sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/white-monstera-for-sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/ak_47_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/one_up_bar/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/tales_of_arabian_nights/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/green_crack_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/ghost-train-haze/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-alaskan-thunder-fuck-online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/budheads/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/buy-rhaphidophora-tetrasperma/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-acapulco-gold-strain-online/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/batman_66_pinball_for_sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/monstera-albo-for-sale-florida/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/gas_heads/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_bhang_cartridges_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-fibraecataphyllum/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/buy_iron_man_pinball_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/caudex-beaucarnea/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/twilight_zone_pinball_for_sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_nova_vape_carts_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/maranta-lemon-lime-for-sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-caramel-marble/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/blueberry_strain/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/pinball_machine_star_wars/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-2/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/kali-mist/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/jurassic_park_pinball/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/chocolope/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-durban-poison-online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/spliffin_cartridges/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/skywalker_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_push_vape_cartridges_online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/thc_lean/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/grapefruit/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/friendly_farms/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/lemon_haze/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_grease_monkey_exotic_carts/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/710_kingpen_cartridges_for_sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_moonrock_clear_carts_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-variegated-for-sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-for-sale-near-me/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/rove_carts/

On Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 8:15:57 AM UTC-8, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 15:06:40 -0000 (UTC), anti...@math.uni.wroc.pl > wrote: > > >John Larkin <jla...@highlandsnipmetechnology.com> wrote:
> >> Why buy cheap junk anything? > > > >I many cases buying a product is cheapest way to get info > >if it is worth anything. In bygone era one could relay > >on brands, but this is no longer the case...
> I don't understand spending hours to save a few dollars and maybe get > something flakey.
Every purchase is on the 'maybe get somethng flakey' basis. Reliance on brands, for instance, has failure modes.
> > Some people are just obcessive about saving money. They clip coupons, > search for deals, buy and return stuff.
Well, if it doesn't get returned, the supplier will never know it isn't a good product; that's part of the mass-market's feedback loop on quality control. Participate, or don't expect good quality control.
> Fluke and Extech and Rigol are good.
This week, probably. Past experience, though, says that doesn't have to last forever.
Mike Monett VE3BTI <spamme@not.com> wrote:
> antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote: > > > That looks quite similar to Aneng AN8009 that I have. They are > > probably based on the same chip. > > > > -- > > Waldek Hebisch > > > > You are right. It looks identical. Not only the same chip, it has the same > case with different branding. Somewhere there has to be a source that > supplies these meters to different companies for distribution.
"Looks identical" does not mean that they are identical. DT830B bought at the same time had different PCB. I looked at few Chinese USB chargers and power supplies: from outside you had pair of identical (or _very_ similar) things, inside were different PCB-s. Schematics probably were very similar or identical, but they clearly came from different production lines. There is a lot of rebranding, but people here probably underestimate size of Chinese market. It is big enough to support several independent manufacturers. -- Waldek Hebisch
In article <tpvek2$1fs$1@gioia.aioe.org>,  <antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
>Mike Monett VE3BTI <spamme@not.com> wrote: >> antispam@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote: >> >> >> Why buy cheap junk anything? >> > >> > I many cases buying a product is cheapest way to get info >> > if it is worth anything. In bygone era one could relay >> > on brands, but this is no longer the case, one can buy >> > product from expensive brand and get exactly the same >> > junk as cheap one. >> > >> > -- >> > Waldek Hebisch >> >> I agree. I have bought many DT830 multimeters and found some die for no >> reason. I also have bought many to give to friends. >> >> Since then, I have come across the very best multimeter I have ever seen in >> my 80 years. It is called the RichMeter RM109. >> >> It has very fast autoranging with manual option, 4 1/2 digit, 1 KVDC range, >> 1MV range with resolution down to 1 microvolt, can measure down to 1e-13A >> with external 10MEG resistor, measures frequency, capacitance, built-in >> square wave signal generator. Unblievable performance in a small 5" X 2.5" >> package. >> >> Specifications >> >> https://richmeters.en.made-in-china.com/product/rdvAUnjKZocY/China-RM109- >> Digital-Multimeter-9999-Counts-Square-Wave-Auto-Ranging.html >> >> US $22.87 >> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001966216610.html >> >> A companion model measures temperature. > >That looks quite similar to Aneng AN8009 that I have. They are >probably based on the same chip.
I'm wildly enthousiastic about the Aneng 8009 The things that are better than some/all other meters I had before: 1. zipped case to keep the leads together and the meter 2. leads can be plugged in in the case, ready for use. 3. plethora of leads. different pins, banana plugs, and alligator clips. 4. more precision 5. back lighting 6 auto turn off 7 AA batteries instead of 9V 8 small form factor, the size of the display is what matters. 9 battery compartment shuts with metal screws (!) 10 survived voltage on a current range 1] 11 likely to survive drops on concrete floor (no experiments). 1] Fair to say the 10 Ampere fuse blew and I can't find a spare. I discovered a disadvantage, a lack of ranges between ###.# mA and ##.## uA (I'd like #.### mA ) today. Once you have the production line in place it makes no sense to detoriate the product. Why would you go to the trouble replacing metal screws seating in brass by parkers cutting into plastic? Only USA bean counters kill a product like the DEC Alpha. That is a 20 euro meter.
>-- > Waldek Hebisch
Groetjes Albert -- Don't praise the day before the evening. One swallow doesn't make spring. You must not say "hey" before you have crossed the bridge. Don't sell the hide of the bear until you shot it. Better one bird in the hand than ten in the air. First gain is a cat spinning. - the Wise from Antrim -