Looking for a decade counter -or- divider ?

Started by Sid 03 January 25, 2022
Sid 03 <sidwelle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Decade counter: > I am looking for a decade counter, I found some on-line like the 4017 > and 74HC[T]390. But I am now sure any of those are what I want. At my > previous job we use to have quad decade counters in one chip available. > That has been a few years ago and not sure where to look now. What I > want to be able to do is tie at least two of them end to end and get a > divider of 10 and 100. Maybe the terminology is wrong and I should be > looking for a divider ? > > Any help is appreciated. > Thanks
Tom Van Baak published a list of PIC counters that give various ratios, such as 1e7 (10MHz to 1Hz) with jitter under 2ps. Here is a list with source code: picDIV -- Single Chip Frequency Divider http://www.leapsecond.com/pic/picdiv.htm PIC divider jitter measurement http://www.leapsecond.com/pic/jitter/ He also posted a different version to time events: picPET -- Precision Event Timer, more versions http://leapsecond.com/pic/picpet2.htm

Sure, using Mircochip PICs much is possible here my frequency counter in an RS232 connector, powered from the RS232 DTR:: http://panteltje.com/panteltje/pic/freq_pic/ But then he needs a PIC programmer etc... I am sure an ebay search will get you many cheap frequency counters too.