ACA case dismissed for no standing.

Started by amdx June 17, 2021
I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more
millions and are living of of the growth and dividends.

All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes
to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance.

The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding
with glee that the ACA is still with us.

My response,

"Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy
that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium.

And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible."

I was given an infraction worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted
access until it expires.

       :-)

Rant over.

                Mikek

--

On 6/17/2021 5:54 PM, amdx wrote:
> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more > millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. > > All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes > to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. > > The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding > with glee that the ACA is still with us. > > My response, > > "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy > that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. > > And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." > > I was given an infraction worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted > access until it expires. > >       :-) > > Rant over. > >                Mikek > > >
The trouble with forums designed primarily for men to brag about how much money they have or how many women they fuck or other topics of "mens interest" is that unless there's a million-dollar entry fee or a requirement to upload a video of the date with Sarah Michelle Geller where you "totally banged her" you'll rarely find an honest man in one of those places.
On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:54:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more > millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. > > All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes > to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. > > The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding > with glee that the ACA is still with us. > > My response, > > "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy > that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. > > And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible."
The poor squander their incomes and have no concept of saving, that's why they can't afford the deductible. Sounds like you've bought into the everyone-is-a-victim fiction.
On 6/18/2021 10:16 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:54:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote: >> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more >> millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. >> >> All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes >> to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. >> >> The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding >> with glee that the ACA is still with us. >> >> My response, >> >> "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy >> that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. >> >> And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." > The poor squander their incomes and have no concept of saving > that's why they can't afford the deductible. > > I agree with that, depending on what poor means. > > Savings is a concept that many middle income and high income > individuals have a problem with. >
Some poor, just plain don't have any money left after  housing and food.
> Sounds like you've bought into the everyone-is-a-victim fiction.
Ah, not really. My main point was that people with a net worth in the top 10% are structuring their income to take advantage of subsidies on their healthcare insurance. Paid for by people that have much less and earn a middle class income.   I'll freely admit, I'm probably the dumb one, I have probably paid over $70k in extra insurance premiums, since 2012, because I avoided the ACA and kept a private plan the whole time. I could have got a large subsidy.                                                       Mikek
On 6/17/2021 8:33 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 6/17/2021 5:54 PM, amdx wrote: >> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or >> more millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. >> >> All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their >> incomes to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare >> insurance. >> >> The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires >> responding with glee that the ACA is still with us. >> >> My response, >> >> "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy >> that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. >> >> And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." >> >> I was given an infraction worth 1 point(s) and may result in >> restricted access until it expires. >> >>        :-) >> >> Rant over. >> >>                 Mikek >> >> >> > > The trouble with forums designed primarily for men to brag about how > much money they have or how many women they fuck or other topics of > "mens interest" is that unless there's a million-dollar entry fee or a > requirement to upload a video of the date with Sarah Michelle Geller > where you "totally banged her" you'll rarely find an honest man in one > of those places.
There are plenty of women on the forums I read. Being anonymous lying does you no good. But, sure some could inflate, but why? Having a million or two is far from being rich, or even being a chick magnet. $1M will safely generate $40k a year, $2M is $80k a year, hardly making you rich. Call me rare then, my wife and I have 2.5 times more than we earned over 37 years of working using our SS record numbers. But you don't believe it? That's the magic of compound interest.  You probably don't believe a family can live on 50% or 60% of their income either. We earned a middle class income started below $20k and had about 10 years at $70k. First year married we earned $18k and saved $6k. Quote "If you have a million dollars and live like a millionaire, you won't have a million dollars for long." Probably to late for your retirement, but check out Early-Retirment.org As I like to tell people getting a late start, just because you can't reach $1M, wouldn't it still be nice to have $500,000 saved?                                                         Mikek -- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11:37:26 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
> On 6/18/2021 10:16 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:54:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote: > >> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more > >> millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. > >> > >> All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes > >> to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. > >> > >> The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding > >> with glee that the ACA is still with us. > >> > >> My response, > >> > >> "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy > >> that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. > >> > >> And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." > > The poor squander their incomes and have no concept of saving > > that's why they can't afford the deductible. > > > > I agree with that, depending on what poor means. > > > > Savings is a concept that many middle income and high income > > individuals have a problem with. > > > Some poor, just plain don't have any money left after housing and food.
Are those the poor where both parents can't care for themselves, and then between the two of them have six similarly inferior children that the taxpayer is supposed to subsidize? Subsidizing this atrocious situation with very generous tax credits explains why budget deficits are now measured in trillions and not just billions.
> > Sounds like you've bought into the everyone-is-a-victim fiction. > Ah, not really. My main point was that people with a net worth in the > top 10% are structuring > > their income to take advantage of subsidies on their healthcare > insurance. Paid for by people that > > have much less and earn a middle class income. > > I'll freely admit, I'm probably the dumb one, I have probably paid > over $70k in extra insurance premiums, > > since 2012, because I avoided the ACA and kept a private plan the whole > time. I could have got a large subsidy.
How come none of those crooks told you about subsidies all that time?
Oh dear god! -- Rick C. - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11:37:26 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
> On 6/18/2021 10:16 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:54:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote: > >> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more > >> millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. > >> > >> All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes > >> to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. > >> > >> The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding > >> with glee that the ACA is still with us. > >> > >> My response, > >> > >> "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy > >> that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. > >> > >> And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." > > The poor squander their incomes and have no concept of saving > > that's why they can't afford the deductible. > > > > I agree with that, depending on what poor means. > > > > Savings is a concept that many middle income and high income > > individuals have a problem with. > > > Some poor, just plain don't have any money left after housing and food. > > Sounds like you've bought into the everyone-is-a-victim fiction. > Ah, not really. My main point was that people with a net worth in the > top 10% are structuring > > their income to take advantage of subsidies on their healthcare > insurance. Paid for by people that > > have much less and earn a middle class income. > > I'll freely admit, I'm probably the dumb one, I have probably paid > over $70k in extra insurance premiums, > > since 2012, because I avoided the ACA and kept a private plan the whole > time. I could have got a large subsidy.
It's always easy peasy to point out problems. It's also easy peasy to come up with lame, knee jerk solutions like Larkin tends to do. But you don't even try. My solution is universal health care like they have in most civilized countries. Then everyone gets all the treatment they need and it is back to paying according to your ability... well, as much as the tax system is structured for that. It would not require much extra taxes, at least beyond what is paid out today. Those who are currently covered under employers' plans would essentially be covered by the employer paying into funding universal health care just as they today pay for insurance. Those who are covered by Medicare or Medicaid would not change. That covers the lion's share of medical costs. The remainder of uninsured would need to be covered by some extra taxes collected. Or, maybe the savings of eliminating the medical insurance industry would cover that. There are many details to figure out for sure, but it's not an intractable problem. That would completely remove the minimum income goal for the retired, well, from the medical insurance aspect at least. They still want to minimize their taxes in general. -- Rick C. + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging + Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 12:44:32 PM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11:37:26 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
> > Some poor, just plain don't have any money left after housing and food.
> Are those the poor where both parents can't care for themselves, and then between the two of them have six similarly inferior children that the taxpayer is supposed to subsidize?
Yes, of course; subsidizing (educating, mostly) our future taxpayers is an important investment. They'll be paying it forward soon enough, just as we are doing now.
On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 3:44:32 PM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11:37:26 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote: > > On 6/18/2021 10:16 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote: > > > On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 5:54:53 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote: > > >> I frequent early retirement groups. Most of the posters have one or more > > >> millions and are living of of the growth and dividends. > > >> > > >> All fine and good, but they are also very keen to control their incomes > > >> to stay at a level to get a nice subsidy on their healthcare insurance. > > >> > > >> The thread today had at least 20 of those happy millionaires responding > > >> with glee that the ACA is still with us. > > >> > > >> My response, > > >> > > >> "Just to be contrarian, this is great! A bunch of millionaires happy > > >> that people making $50k are paying part of their healthcare premium. > > >> > > >> And, the poor have coverage, but can't afford the deductible." > > > The poor squander their incomes and have no concept of saving > > > that's why they can't afford the deductible. > > > > > > I agree with that, depending on what poor means. > > > > > > Savings is a concept that many middle income and high income > > > individuals have a problem with. > > > > > Some poor, just plain don't have any money left after housing and food. > Are those the poor where both parents can't care for themselves, and then between the two of them have six similarly inferior children that the taxpayer is supposed to subsidize? Subsidizing this atrocious situation with very generous tax credits explains why budget deficits are now measured in trillions and not just billions.
Why do you wig out about stuff that is either made up or such non-problems that it has no impact on you? How much money goes into those sort of people? This is like a friend who years ago was enraged about people who drove welfare Cadillacs, both of them. I don't know how many people scammed the welfare system, but it's small or even tiny compared to those who depend on it for a barely adequate life. This is such a tiny portion of the money the government gives out I don't care. It's probably at a level that would make it hard to police further without costing more than it saves. In any event, I'm not for denying anyone healthcare. -- Rick C. -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging -- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209