Safe and affordable electricity supply in danger (German finance watchdog)

Started by Joe Gwinn April 9, 2021
From the Risks-Forum Digest  Sunday 4 April 2021  Volume 32 : Issue
59.

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 21:32:18 +0200
From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de>
Subject: Safe and affordable electricity supply in danger (German
finance watchdog)

The Bundesrechnungshof, Germany's federal financial watchdog, has
stated that the "safe and affordable supply of electricity is in
increasing danger" due to Germany's "Energiewende" (energy
transition).

.<https://www.bundesrechnungshof.de/de/presse-service/pressemitteilungen/sammlung/bund-steuert-energiewende-weiterhin-unzureichend>

[Access using Chrome, which will translate it reasonably well.]

To quote its president: "Affordability is still not measurably
determined; security of supply is incompletely assessed. Whether
citizens and the economy will be reliably supplied with electricity in
the future is subject to risks that the German government is not fully
aware of. I am concerned about the high electricity prices for private
households and small and medium-sized enterprises. This puts the
acceptance of the generation project at risk."

The risk? To push through policies without looking at risks and
potential consequences.
On 4/9/2021 2:09 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> From the Risks-Forum Digest Sunday 4 April 2021 Volume 32 : Issue > 59. > > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 21:32:18 +0200 > From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de> > Subject: Safe and affordable electricity supply in danger (German > finance watchdog) > > The Bundesrechnungshof, Germany's federal financial watchdog, has > stated that the "safe and affordable supply of electricity is in > increasing danger" due to Germany's "Energiewende" (energy > transition). > > .<https://www.bundesrechnungshof.de/de/presse-service/pressemitteilungen/sammlung/bund-steuert-energiewende-weiterhin-unzureichend> > > [Access using Chrome, which will translate it reasonably well.] > > To quote its president: "Affordability is still not measurably > determined; security of supply is incompletely assessed. Whether > citizens and the economy will be reliably supplied with electricity in > the future is subject to risks that the German government is not fully > aware of. I am concerned about the high electricity prices for private > households and small and medium-sized enterprises. This puts the > acceptance of the generation project at risk." > > The risk? To push through policies without looking at risks and > potential consequences. >
Texas should send them some advisers
Cannibal leftist zealot...

--

Joe Gwinn wrote:

> From the Risks-Forum Digest Sunday 4 April 2021 Volume 32 : Issue 59. > > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 21:32:18 +0200 From: Thomas Koenig > <tkoenig@netcologne.de> Subject: Safe and affordable electricity supply > in danger (German finance watchdog) > > The Bundesrechnungshof, Germany's federal financial watchdog, has stated > that the "safe and affordable supply of electricity is in increasing > danger" due to Germany's "Energiewende" (energy transition). > > <https://www.bundesrechnungshof.de/de/presse-service/pressemitteilungen/sammlung/bund-steuert-energiewende-weiterhin-unzureichend>
> To quote its president: "Affordability is still not measurably > determined; security of supply is incompletely assessed. Whether > citizens and the economy will be reliably supplied with electricity in > the future is subject to risks that the German government is not fully > aware of. I am concerned about the high electricity prices for private > households and small and medium-sized enterprises. This puts the > acceptance of the generation project at risk." > > The risk? To push through policies without looking at risks and > potential consequences.
It's obvious to any scientist. I've been talking about that idiocy, for years. Germany's neighbors should be very concerned. Not the first time Germany has gone berserk.
On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:34:10 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
<always.look@message.header> wrote:

>Joe Gwinn wrote: > >> From the Risks-Forum Digest Sunday 4 April 2021 Volume 32 : Issue 59. >> >> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 21:32:18 +0200 From: Thomas Koenig >> <tkoenig@netcologne.de> Subject: Safe and affordable electricity supply >> in danger (German finance watchdog) >> >> The Bundesrechnungshof, Germany's federal financial watchdog, has stated >> that the "safe and affordable supply of electricity is in increasing >> danger" due to Germany's "Energiewende" (energy transition). >> >> <https://www.bundesrechnungshof.de/de/presse-service/pressemitteilungen/sammlung/bund-steuert-energiewende-weiterhin-unzureichend> > >> To quote its president: "Affordability is still not measurably >> determined; security of supply is incompletely assessed. Whether >> citizens and the economy will be reliably supplied with electricity in >> the future is subject to risks that the German government is not fully >> aware of. I am concerned about the high electricity prices for private >> households and small and medium-sized enterprises. This puts the >> acceptance of the generation project at risk." >> >> The risk? To push through policies without looking at risks and >> potential consequences. > >It's obvious to any scientist. I've been talking about that idiocy, for >years. Germany's neighbors should be very concerned. Not the first time >Germany has gone berserk.
The next invasion of France and Russia will be for Lebensvolt.
John Doe == Total Retard<always.look@message.header> wrote in

> Cannibal leftist zealot... >
John Doe == Total Retard Grow the fuck up. John Doe == Total Retard
On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:12:42 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:34:10 -0000 (UTC), John Doe > <alway...@message.header> wrote: > > >Joe Gwinn wrote: > > > >> From the Risks-Forum Digest Sunday 4 April 2021 Volume 32 : Issue 59. > >> > >> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 21:32:18 +0200 From: Thomas Koenig > >> <tko...@netcologne.de> Subject: Safe and affordable electricity supply > >> in danger (German finance watchdog) > >> > >> The Bundesrechnungshof, Germany's federal financial watchdog, has stated > >> that the "safe and affordable supply of electricity is in increasing > >> danger" due to Germany's "Energiewende" (energy transition). > >> > >> <https://www.bundesrechnungshof.de/de/presse-service/pressemitteilungen/sammlung/bund-steuert-energiewende-weiterhin-unzureichend> > > > >> To quote its president: "Affordability is still not measurably > >> determined; security of supply is incompletely assessed. Whether > >> citizens and the economy will be reliably supplied with electricity in > >> the future is subject to risks that the German government is not fully > >> aware of. I am concerned about the high electricity prices for private > >> households and small and medium-sized enterprises. This puts the > >> acceptance of the generation project at risk." > >> > >> The risk? To push through policies without looking at risks and > >> potential consequences. > > > >It's obvious to any scientist. I've been talking about that idiocy, for > >years. Germany's neighbors should be very concerned. Not the first time > >Germany has gone berserk. > > The next invasion of France and Russia will be for Lebensvolt.
There was a plan for Germany to build solar farms in the Sahara, and send the power generated to Germany along very high voltage transmission lines, running under the Mediterranean for part of the way. Neither France or Russia is really sunny enough for that. What Germany probably actually needs is more pumped storage and grid-scale batteries to smooth out the variation in the wind and solar power generation that they have got, and that is mentioned - briefly - in the report, if not in the bit translated. It sounds mostly like a politician trying to make the voters anxious. Germany does have lots of technical expert able and willing to address the problems, but it also generates 40% of it's electricity by burning coal, and the people who make money out of that are prepared to spend money on measures that will keep their income up for a long as possible. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney