Need same color bi-directional LED 3mm

Started by Jeff Liebermann October 24, 2018

<https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=WP937GGD> On order from Digikey as of two days ago. I'm told that there are some packages waiting for me in my office. I'm expecting the above green-green 3mm LED, some green-red flashing 3mm LED's I ordered by accident, and some SMD 0805 green LED's to try connecting back to back across the existing LED. With all the possible choices, something is sure to work. Also, I've been busy for the last 4 days and didn't have a chance to thank you for noticing the change in Kingbright part number between international and US catalogs, and the lack of a proper description in both Digkey and Mouser. The Digikey web page now shows "bi-directional" instead of "conventional". I don't think I would have found the part without your help. Thanks. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 10:34:09 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 10:09:11 -0700 (PDT), > gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com wrote: > > >On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:52:09 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote: > >> Several people were nice > >> enough to find LED's that will work without additional parts. However, > >> they're difficult to find in the US, making this a procurement > >> exercise, instead of an engineering challenge. I'm now waiting for > >> some parts to arrive. > > >Digikey isn't easy enough? Stock, $21.26 for 100 plus postage. > >Rick C. > > <https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=WP937GGD> > On order from Digikey as of two days ago. I'm told that there are > some packages waiting for me in my office. I'm expecting the above > green-green 3mm LED, some green-red flashing 3mm LED's I ordered by > accident, and some SMD 0805 green LED's to try connecting back to back > across the existing LED. With all the possible choices, something is > sure to work. > > Also, I've been busy for the last 4 days and didn't have a chance to > thank you for noticing the change in Kingbright part number between > international and US catalogs, and the lack of a proper description in > both Digkey and Mouser. The Digikey web page now shows > "bi-directional" instead of "conventional". I don't think I would > have found the part without your help. Thanks.
Digikey is pretty responsive to correction suggestions. I pointed out to them the error, not only on their web site, but in the manufacturer's data sheet. The real trick will be getting Kingbright to fix that short coming. I think Digikey must have an engineer on their staff working these issues because this person was able to read the data sheet and see the same thing I did, no description, but the bi-directional schematic. This is a small payback for all the great help you have posted to the group and in particular to me. I only wish you were local so I could bring you my computer problems. Sometimes I hate working on them. Rick C.