Forums

Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website...

Started by Jim Thompson April 23, 2018
Announcement:  Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website...

See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my
website.

This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only.

To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please
use the envelope icon (at top of my home page).

To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully.
		
                                        ...Jim Thompson
-- 
| James E.Thompson                                 |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations                               |     et      |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems  |    manus    |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142    Skype: skypeanalog |             |
| Voice:(480)460-2350  Fax: Available upon request |  Brass Rat  |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com |    1962     |

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 4:25:17 PM UTC-4, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... > > See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my > website. > > This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. > > To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please > use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). > > To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. > > ...Jim Thompson > -- > | James E.Thompson | mens | > | Analog Innovations | et | > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, > by understanding what nature is hiding.
How do they differ from what the manufacturer supplies here:? http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/en010665#datasheet-toggle
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 2:13:56 AM UTC-4, djloc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 4:25:17 PM UTC-4, Jim Thompson wrote: > > Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... > > > > See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my > > website. > > > > This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. > > > > To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please > > use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). > > > > To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. > > > > ...Jim Thompson > > -- > > | James E.Thompson | mens | > > | Analog Innovations | et | > > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > > | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > > > Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, > > by understanding what nature is hiding. > > How do they differ from what the manufacturer supplies here:? > > http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/en010665#datasheet-toggle
you have to click "view datasheet" and then the spice model is available
On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:13:51 -0700 (PDT), djlocher56@gmail.com wrote:

>On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 4:25:17 PM UTC-4, Jim Thompson wrote: >> Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... >> >> See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my >> website. >> >> This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. >> >> To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please >> use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). >> >> To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. >> >> ...Jim Thompson > >How do they differ from what the manufacturer supplies here:? > >http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/en010665#datasheet-toggle
My version converges and runs on LTspice. The Microchip version hangs on LTspice. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding. "It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:37:48 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:13:51 -0700 (PDT), djlocher56@gmail.com wrote: > >>On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 4:25:17 PM UTC-4, Jim Thompson wrote: >>> Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... >>> >>> See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my >>> website. >>> >>> This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. >>> >>> To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please >>> use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). >>> >>> To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. >>> >>> ...Jim Thompson >> >>How do they differ from what the manufacturer supplies here:? >> >>http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/en010665#datasheet-toggle > >My version converges and runs on LTspice. The Microchip version hangs >on LTspice. > > ...Jim Thompson
Elaborating: I got into the Spice modeling business several years ago when I had a need for a model of a chip that a client wanted me to design an interface to. No model existed, so I rolled my own. That turned into a hobby... amusing myself by how compactly I could model the essence of an OpAmp... often as little as one to two lines in a subcircuit. The hobby has now become a business, nearly 80% of my workload... great, because the chip business has migrated to needing only very low power analog interfaces into digital processing :-( Which interfaces I design for a number of small medically-oriented chip houses. As for what I announced here... I don't pick part numbers out of the air... how could I know what people need? Like most of the models on my Device Models & Subcircuits Page this was from a post on the LTspice List... nobody could get the Microchip model to run on LTspice... so I took that as a challenge... and succeeded ;-) Most of what I'm doing now isn't so simple... humongous complicated functions where companies need to present a model that doesn't divulge their IP, yet simulates smoothly on ALL platforms. Inquiries welcome ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding. "It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie
Timestep too small, before even completing a rising edge.  Occurs even at 
embarassingly loose settings (ABSTOL, CHGTOL = 1u).  XSPICE.

Tim

-- 
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design
Website: https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/

"Jim Thompson" <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote in 
message news:p0gsddlnc3m9qspdqjgpjoft1lemebhab3@4ax.com...
> Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... > > See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my > website. > > This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. > > To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please > use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). > > To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. > > ...Jim Thompson > -- > | James E.Thompson | mens | > | Analog Innovations | et | > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, > by understanding what nature is hiding.
Here's an interesting one:
https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/Images/LTSpice_TC4421.png

Small tweaks to initial timestep make big differences!  Extreme sensitivity.

Oldish version of LTspice4 (Mar 5 2015) because I don't care about updating.

For other conditions, some traces continue plotting, while some stop in 
their tracks.  What the hell is that about?

Regarding input clamp: the original model actually does that?
Holy /fuck/!

Tim

-- 
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design
Website: https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/

"Tim Williams" <tiwill@seventransistorlabs.com> wrote in message 
news:pbqcvk$ru$1@dont-email.me...
> Timestep too small, before even completing a rising edge. Occurs even at > embarassingly loose settings (ABSTOL, CHGTOL = 1u). XSPICE. > > Tim > > -- > Seven Transistor Labs, LLC > Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design > Website: https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/ > > "Jim Thompson" <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote > in message news:p0gsddlnc3m9qspdqjgpjoft1lemebhab3@4ax.com... >> Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website... >> >> See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my >> website. >> >> This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only. >> >> To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please >> use the envelope icon (at top of my home page). >> >> To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. >> >> ...Jim Thompson >> -- >> | James E.Thompson | mens | >> | Analog Innovations | et | >> | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | >> | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | >> | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | >> | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | >> >> Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, >> by understanding what nature is hiding. >
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 12:44:36 -0500, "Tim Williams"
<tiwill@seventransistorlabs.com> wrote:

>Here's an interesting one: >https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/Images/LTSpice_TC4421.png > >Small tweaks to initial timestep make big differences! Extreme sensitivity. > >Oldish version of LTspice4 (Mar 5 2015) because I don't care about updating. > >For other conditions, some traces continue plotting, while some stop in >their tracks. What the hell is that about? > >Regarding input clamp: the original model actually does that? >Holy /fuck/!
Yes. If that gives heartburn, set PARAM CLAMP=0.
> >Tim
I had no problem at all running on LTspice IV, but I always use "Alternate Solver". ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding. "It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie