Analog MUX using discrete MOSFETs for flying capacitor cell measurement BMS

Started by P E Schoen November 10, 2017
"piglet"  wrote in message news:oumboe$5ap$1@dont-email.me...

> The body diodes are pointing in the right direction, they always were. > What was wrong is the channel or substrate diodes are shown reversed. For > instance you have Q22 correct - it is a P-channel and so the arrow points > out of the substrate and towards the source. It is in fact just another > way of showing the parasitic body diode. But now look at the BSS84 > symbols - those too are P-channel but the symbol on your design has their > substrate diode arrow pointing from source towards the back of the gate. > In other words the channel diode direction should point the same way as > the body diode (if drawn) the two arrows are showing the same thing and so > should point the same way. Likewise the symbols on your design for the > BSS138 which is an N-channel device have the body diode drawn right but > have the channel arrow pointing out the channel pointing to source - the > arrow should point into the channel. Look at how the On-Semi datasheets > for those parts correctly depict them. I think sometimes people get > confused between FETS and BJTs, on an NPN BJT the emitter arrow points > towards the outside world, not so with an N-channel fet!
Whew! I found out that my PADS Logic symbol editor was somehow corrupted. I would edit the symbol, but when I applied it to the schematic, it kept the old one. Now I think I finally have it right, and a made the arrow open rather than closed. I still like the body diode, but I see your point. Anyway, I have arranged the parts on a 2"x 6" board, and that isn't really very dense. I will be getting the prototypes made by www.eiconnect.com, originally zoompcb.com, and they have a deal where I have gotten 5" x 5" boards (maximum is 25 in^2) for $25 each. I am considering adding more circuitry to fill up a 4" x 6" board - perhaps my design using TL222 optos and one using one or two DG408 or DG409 analog switches. Thanks, Paul