75332P MOSFET drain connected to which battery terminal?

Started by John Doe January 7, 2012
I have a 75332P MOSFET on a cordless drill controller heatsink. I
guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange)
connects directly to one of the battery terminals.

Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground
terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal?

Thanks.

--
My application... I'm desperately trying to develop a better inline
skating push stick, as described on my picture page

>I have a 75332P MOSFET on a cordless drill controller heatsink. I > guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange) > connects directly to one of the battery terminals. > > Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground > terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal? >
** Not enough info. Surely you can trace the wiring. .... Phil
Tab is always drain, but which polarity depends on N or P channel.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:34:58 +1100, "Phil Allison" <phil_a@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> >"John Doe" > >>I have a 75332P MOSFET on a cordless drill controller heatsink. I
Fairchild datasheet says: PART NUMBER PACKAGE BRAND HUF75332P3 TO-220AB 75332P 60A, 55V, 0.019 Ohm, N-Channel UltraFET Power MOSFETs
>> guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange) >> connects directly to one of the battery terminals. >> >> Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground >> terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal?
Didn't you take a photo before disconnecting the thing?
Yes, only one way will make any sense. Other way current will flow through the MOSFET diode, out of control. Grant.
> > >.... Phil >
<omg@grrr.id.au
 "Phil Allison"
>>"John Doe" > > Fairchild datasheet says: > PART NUMBER PACKAGE BRAND > HUF75332P3 TO-220AB 75332P > > 60A, 55V, 0.019 Ohm, N-Channel UltraFET Power MOSFETs > >>> guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange) >>> connects directly to one of the battery terminals. >>> >>> Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground >>> terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal? > > Didn't you take a photo before disconnecting the thing?
** A well labelled drawing does a better job most times.
>>** Not enough info. >> >> Surely you can trace the wiring. > > Yes, only one way will make any sense. Other way current will > flow through the MOSFET diode, out of control. >
** With an N channel MOSFET - it's London to a Brick the drain goes to the motor and the source to the battery negative. .... Phil
"Phil Allison"  wrote in message news:9msmllFfdrU1@mid.individual.net...

> ** With an N channel MOSFET - it's London to a Brick the drain > goes to the motor and the source to the battery negative.
I've never heard that expression, but you are correct. For an NMOS to = work=20 between the battery + and the motor, it would need a gate drive higher = than=20 the battery voltage. It's possible, but unlikely. But I wonder how they achieve reversal and braking without a full = bridge? Paul
"P E Schoen"

But I wonder how they achieve reversal

** A switch ?

and braking without a full bridge ?

** Not needed.

 AC powered drills have no braking.

...   Phil

"Tim Williams"

> Tab is always drain, but which polarity depends on N or P channel.
** Some power MOSFETS have the source on the tab. In TO3, TO3P, TO220 etc ... Phil
On 2012-01-08, John Doe <jdoe@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
> I have a 75332P MOSFET on a cordless drill controller heatsink. I > guess it's part of a pulse width modulator. The drain (flange) > connects directly to one of the battery terminals. > > Does the MOSFET drain go directly to the battery minus/ground > terminal? Or does it go to the battery plus terminal?
HUFA75332P3 is a 60A 55V N-channel MOSFET. N-channnel mosfets are used as switches with the drain more positive than the source terminal. So unless that mosfet is part of an electronic brake, or reverse polarity blocking system that terminal goes to the battery positive. http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/52898/FAIRCHILD/HUFA75332P3/410/1/HUFA75332P3.html -- &#9858;&#9859; 100% natural --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to news@netfront.net ---
"Jasen Betts" <jasen@xnet.co.nz>

** Fuck of you sheep shagging cunt .

> > N-channnel mosfets are used as switches with the drain more positive than > the source terminal. > > So unless that mosfet is part of an electronic brake, or reverse > polarity blocking system that terminal goes to the battery positive.
** 10,000% WRONG. You fucking, tenth witted, autistic POS. ... Phil