Forums

Helion Energy Raise $500 million

Started by Dean Hoffman November 7, 2021
The first paragraph:
"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses."
<https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/>
On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
<deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

>The first paragraph: >"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." ><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/>
That has to be the greatest investment opportunity of the last 5,000 years!! ;-) -- "There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are common to all states of society. But Communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion,and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all historical experience." - The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.
On a sunny day (Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST)) it happened Dean Hoffman
<deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote in
<28ba1e0b-e570-4857-9487-428f1466e09en@googlegroups.com>:

>The first paragraph: >"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive >electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." ><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/>
Probably sucks as much as their website.
On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
<deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

>The first paragraph: >"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." ><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/>
Didn't some giant company, Lockheed or someone, announce a fusion breakthrough a few years ago? -- Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still; but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was always most valuable when he had lost it.
On Sun, 07 Nov 2021 13:01:10 -0800, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman ><deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote: > >>The first paragraph: >>"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." >><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/> > >Didn't some giant company, Lockheed or someone, announce a fusion >breakthrough a few years ago?
Yes, and yes it was Lockheed. I looked up their patents. All pretty gauzy. A colleague who had been a plasma physicist was decidedly unimpressed. Haven't heard a peep since then. Joe Gwinn
On Mon, 08 Nov 2021 10:09:20 -0500, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 07 Nov 2021 13:01:10 -0800, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com >wrote: > >>On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman >><deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>>The first paragraph: >>>"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." >>><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/> >> >>Didn't some giant company, Lockheed or someone, announce a fusion >>breakthrough a few years ago? > >Yes, and yes it was Lockheed. I looked up their patents. All pretty >gauzy. A colleague who had been a plasma physicist was decidedly >unimpressed. > >Haven't heard a peep since then. > >Joe Gwinn
It's still just around the corner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYClniDFkM This is from 6 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9weYr5tIZ4 I do like the idea of "moonshots", investing in a lot of low-probability expert-disapproved things with possibly giant payoffs. Lockheed can do that without betting the whole company. This relates to the "stupidity" thread below. Ignore authority. Dare to be stupid. -- Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still; but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was always most valuable when he had lost it.
On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:27:29 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote:
> The first paragraph: > "Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." > <https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/>
Total scam! All their literature describing their work is 100% obfuscation bullshit. Only a shit-hole country like US allows scammers on this scale to operate so freely. They should be arrested by the local bunco squad, treated very roughly and kept locked up for 45 days.
On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:29:50 PM UTC-5, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 09:27:25 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman > <dean...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >The first paragraph: > >"Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." > ><https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/> > That has to be the greatest investment opportunity of the last 5,000 > years!! ;-)
You bet. Sell everything you own, lock, stock and barrel and invest in this company. That would be very smart move.
> > -- > > "There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are > common to all states of society. But Communism abolishes eternal truths, it > abolishes all religion,and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new > basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all historical experience." > > - The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.
On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:14:59 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:27:29 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote: >> The first paragraph: >> "Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." >> <https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/> > >Total scam! All their literature describing their work is 100% obfuscation bullshit. Only a shit-hole country like US allows scammers on this scale to operate so freely. They should be arrested by the local bunco squad, treated very roughly and kept locked up for 45 days.
We should have arrested Tesla, DeForest, Armstrong, and Edison. Einstein too. -- Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still; but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was always most valuable when he had lost it.
On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 11:29:28 AM UTC-5, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:14:59 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 12:27:29 PM UTC-5, dean...@gmail.com wrote: > >> The first paragraph: > >> "Nov 5 (Reuters) - Helion Energy, a fusion energy tech startup, on Friday said it raised $500 million to build a net positive electrical generator, one that creates more power than it uses." > >> <https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-zero-carbon-fusion-energy-startup-helion-raises-500-mln-2021-11-05/> > > > >Total scam! All their literature describing their work is 100% obfuscation bullshit. Only a shit-hole country like US allows scammers on this scale to operate so freely. They should be arrested by the local bunco squad, treated very roughly and kept locked up for 45 days. > We should have arrested Tesla, DeForest, Armstrong, and Edison.
If they were making up stuff about their progress, then definitely.
> > Einstein too. > -- > > Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still; > but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was > always most valuable when he had lost it.