Forums

OT !!! You'll be tired of the harmonica for life after even a few seconds of this one...

Started by Unknown October 14, 2021
All in the title...

  Austrian harmonica players.  Weird.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk>

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 00:20:21 -0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>All in the title... > > Austrian harmonica players. Weird. > ><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk>
Those are HUGE harmonicas ! It's OK but I prefer bagpipes for this tune.
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
==============================
> All in the title... > > Austrian harmonica players. Weird. > > <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk>
** Spittle traps....... ........ Phil
On 15/10/2021 01:20, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
> All in the title... > > Austrian harmonica players. Weird. > > <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk> >
The only instrument you suck as well as blow. (Spam saxophone excluded.) -- Cheers Clive
boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote in news:sqrkmgt7vl5f7es68gr71tg9sl2d11rfnl@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 00:20:21 -0000 (UTC), > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote: > >>All in the title... >> >> Austrian harmonica players. Weird. >> >><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk> > > Those are HUGE harmonicas ! > > It's OK but I prefer bagpipes for this tune. >
True. By far the best instrument from which to render this 'tune'.
Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote in news:8c10b801-a8cc-4ffb-
90a5-2df37e8a4393n@googlegroups.com:

> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: > ============================== >> All in the title... >> >> Austrian harmonica players. Weird. >> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk> > > > ** Spittle traps....... > > > ........ Phil >
All breath air driven musical instruments are exactly that and that is why they are usually all personally owned single user instruments.
On 16/10/2021 14:51, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
> Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote in news:8c10b801-a8cc-4ffb- > 90a5-2df37e8a4393n@googlegroups.com: > >> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: >> ============================== >>> All in the title... >>> >>> Austrian harmonica players. Weird. >>> >>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk> >> >> >> ** Spittle traps....... >> >> >> ........ Phil >> > > All breath air driven musical instruments are exactly that and that is > why they are usually all personally owned single user instruments.
The mouth organ isn't as bad as it might seem. While you'd never share one, a roughly equal amount of dry air goes in as wet air goes out. You do get a build up of dried mucus where the mouth slides across the holes. I'm a reasonably competent player. Some of mine which I still play are Hohners from around WWII - the older ones have the star of David embossed on the cover. The combs - the internal airways - are made of pear wood which seems to last well, though modern plastic combs are probably more hygienic. -- Cheers Clive
Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote in
news:skemd8$uhd$1@dont-email.me: 

> On 16/10/2021 14:51, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org > wrote: >> Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote in >> news:8c10b801-a8cc-4ffb- 90a5-2df37e8a4393n@googlegroups.com: >> >>> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: >>> ============================== >>>> All in the title... >>>> >>>> Austrian harmonica players. Weird. >>>> >>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKbyjY1vqk> >>> >>> >>> ** Spittle traps....... >>> >>> >>> ........ Phil >>> >> >> All breath air driven musical instruments are exactly that and >> that is why they are usually all personally owned single user >> instruments. > > The mouth organ isn't as bad as it might seem. While you'd never > share one, a roughly equal amount of dry air goes in as wet air > goes out. You do get a build up of dried mucus where the mouth > slides across the holes. > > I'm a reasonably competent player. Some of mine which I still > play are Hohners from around WWII - the older ones have the star > of David embossed on the cover. The combs - the internal airways > - are made of pear wood which seems to last well, though modern > plastic combs are probably more hygienic. >
I had a Honer from the '50s I think and it had a button on it and two different sets of reeds. ISTR real wood in there, so likely Pear as was their custom. I wish I still had it. Used it to ship weed back and forth around the country there for a bit. I used to used a gutted hard drive chassis for quite a while. The X-ray machines are a lot better now though. I wouldn't risk USPS or taking a flight with one in my bags. Probably get mistaken for explosive media. Sure blows my mind, man. :-) FedEx and UPS are safe now because they move so much so fast they do not have time to inspect things. Just thought I'd sing some blues for a second...