Forums

Commercial laser diodes

Started by George Herold February 4, 2020
Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes.  
wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00

Mouser seems to have the best selection.  
I found this from Osram
https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf

And this two wavelength one from Panasonic
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf

Anyone know of other sources.  Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy)

George H. 
On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:29:39 -0800 (PST), George Herold
<ggherold@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. >wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00 > >Mouser seems to have the best selection. >I found this from Osram >https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf > >And this two wavelength one from Panasonic >https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf > >Anyone know of other sources. Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy) > >George H.
We buy a lot of fiber-coupled lasers and photodiodes from Appointech, who seem to be consistently good. Maybe they have free-space stuff too. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet. "Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
On 2020-02-04 11:29, George Herold wrote:
> Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. > wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00 > > Mouser seems to have the best selection. > I found this from Osram > https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf > > And this two wavelength one from Panasonic > https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf > > Anyone know of other sources. Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy) > > George H. >
Rip apart a DVD burner. You get two high power red diodes (650 and 780 nm) mounted on the same header, with decent heat sinking and a flex circuit to connect with it. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 http://electrooptical.net http://hobbs-eo.com
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 11:55:52 AM UTC-5, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:29:39 -0800 (PST), George Herold > <ggherold@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. > >wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00 > > > >Mouser seems to have the best selection. > >I found this from Osram > >https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf > > > >And this two wavelength one from Panasonic > >https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf > > > >Anyone know of other sources. Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy) > > > >George H. > > We buy a lot of fiber-coupled lasers and photodiodes from Appointech, > who seem to be consistently good. Maybe they have free-space stuff > too. >
Oh thanks. If my first tests work, then I was thinking I could use two fiber coupled PD's to measure light. I think I'd like big fat fibers...which may not be common. george H.
> > > > -- > > John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc > > The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet. > "Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 12:08:42 PM UTC-5, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> On 2020-02-04 11:29, George Herold wrote: > > Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. > > wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00 > > > > Mouser seems to have the best selection. > > I found this from Osram > > https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf > > > > And this two wavelength one from Panasonic > > https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf > > > > Anyone know of other sources. Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy) > > > > George H. > > > > Rip apart a DVD burner. You get two high power red diodes (650 and 780 > nm) mounted on the same header, with decent heat sinking and a flex > circuit to connect with it.
Ahh that explains the Panasonic part. Oh boy... again perhaps surfing the trailing edge of technology. :^) If it/ they work I'll need to buy a boat load. George H.
> > Cheers > > Phil Hobbs > > -- > Dr Philip C D Hobbs > Principal Consultant > ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics > Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics > Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 > > http://electrooptical.net > http://hobbs-eo.com
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 12:58:02 PM UTC-5, George Herold wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 12:08:42 PM UTC-5, Phil Hobbs wrote: > > On 2020-02-04 11:29, George Herold wrote: > > > Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. > > > wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price <$50.00 > > > > > > Mouser seems to have the best selection. > > > I found this from Osram > > > https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-4111646/SPL%20TR85_EN.pdf > > > > > > And this two wavelength one from Panasonic > > > https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/LNCT28PF01WW_E-472777.pdf > > > > > > Anyone know of other sources. Oh there is Thor labs... (spendy) > > > > > > George H. > > > > > > > Rip apart a DVD burner. You get two high power red diodes (650 and 780 > > nm) mounted on the same header, with decent heat sinking and a flex > > circuit to connect with it. > Ahh that explains the Panasonic part. Oh boy... again perhaps surfing the > trailing edge of technology. :^) If it/ they work I'll need to buy a boat load.
Hey the panasonic DL's are at 780 and 660 nm... It'd be a hoot to have one DL do Rb at 780 and the lamb shift in hydrogen at ~650 nm (I went looking for the right wavelength, but failed.) George H.
> > George H. > > > > Cheers > > > > Phil Hobbs > > > > -- > > Dr Philip C D Hobbs > > Principal Consultant > > ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics > > Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics > > Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 > > > > http://electrooptical.net > > http://hobbs-eo.com
Google DTR Lasers for visible diodes. Caters to the hobbyist / laser show / pointer market. So far he's been a "Good Egg" in ally my transactions over the years.

Steve 
Also remember you can steer the wavelength with reflection from a grating..

Steve 
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 6:54:38 PM UTC-5, srober...@gmail.com wrote:
> Google DTR Lasers for visible diodes. Caters to the hobbyist / laser show / pointer market. So far he's been a "Good Egg" in ally my transactions over the years. > > Steve
Thanks Steve. I've ordered this two wavelength DL from panasonic (650 and 780 nm) I'm not at all sure, but my gut says this correlation measurement has a better chance to work at longer wavelengths.... more photons for same power.. but again I'm not at all sure. And the whole thing could crash and burn. George H.
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 6:55:58 PM UTC-5, srober...@gmail.com wrote:
> Also remember you can steer the wavelength with reflection from a grating.. > > Steve
Yeah! BTDT at 780 nm. fun stuff! Hey I've got a half baked design for georeg's 'any lamda' diode laser. (different laser and gratings on a common mirror mount type thing.) Steve, you probably already know this, but the most important thing in a grating feed back diode laser is getting the lens position 'just right'. George H.