AGP30, issues with CO2 VOC sensor

Started by Winfield Hill November 14, 2019
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote...
> > Winfield Hill wrote, needed small, used Feather. > > Use one of these to drive it... > > <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/>
Nice Raspberry Pi replacement, but pretty big, 85mm x 56mm, or 102mm x 69mm. The feather is only 50 x 22mm. The width of my board is 24mm. -- Thanks, - Win
Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qstres01r62
@drn.newsguy.com:

> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote... >> >> Winfield Hill wrote, needed small, used Feather. >> >> Use one of these to drive it... >> >> <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/> > > Nice Raspberry Pi replacement,
Well, that is hardly what that is. Compared to the pi, that is full bore professional level gear. It depends on how many you are doing, who is paying, and how long you want them to last in the field. The price differential is not that much if it is funded in any way.
> but pretty big,
That is because it is not as you describe. It is an order of magnitude more than a Pi.
> 85mm x 56mm, or 102mm x 69mm. The feather is > only 50 x 22mm. The width of my board is 24mm.
Is this not for bee hive management? If so, one would think that a lot of module 'real estate' would be available. Yeah, it is overkill. You could probably use one, and pipe data from all the hives to a single unit and run a weather station on top of that and plot the data out on a 4K display. Way more than needed here. I guess transducer placement matters too. Or for absolute, maybe take readings from a few transducer installations and resolve each and then average those.
torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 16.52.38 UTC+1 skrev DecadentLinux...@decadence.org:
> Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in > news:qstken01bnc@drn.newsguy.com: > > > -- > > > > Use one of these to drive it... > > <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/>
you want to replace a $1 M0 mcu with a $100 A9 running linux? in what way does that make any sense?
torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 18.12.19 UTC+1 skrev DecadentLinux...@decadence.org:
> Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qstres01r62 > @drn.newsguy.com: > > > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote... > >> > >> Winfield Hill wrote, needed small, used Feather. > >> > >> Use one of these to drive it... > >> > >> <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/> > > > > Nice Raspberry Pi replacement, > > Well, that is hardly what that is. Compared to the pi, that is > full bore professional level gear.
in what way?
> > It depends on how many you are doing, who is paying, and how long > you want them to last in the field. The price differential is not > that much if it is funded in any way. > > > > but pretty big, > > That is because it is not as you describe. It is an order of > magnitude more than a Pi. >
how?
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote...
> > Yeah, it is overkill. You could probably use one, > and pipe data from all the hives to a single unit > and run a weather station on top of that and plot > the data out on a 4K display. Way more than > needed here.
There's no operating system running on the Feather, so we combine data from multiple Feathers, to files in a Raspberry Pi, and thereby get internet access. -- Thanks, - Win
Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote in

> torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 16.52.38 UTC+1 skrev > DecadentLinux...@decadence.org: >> Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in >> news:qstken01bnc@drn.newsguy.com: >> >> > -- >> > >> >> Use one of these to drive it... >> >> <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/> > > you want to replace a $1 M0 mcu with a $100 A9 running linux? > > in what way does that make any sense? >
How is a Pi a "$1 MO mcu"?

> torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 18.12.19 UTC+1 skrev > DecadentLinux...@decadence.org: >> Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qstres01r62 >> @drn.newsguy.com: >> >> > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote... >> >> >> >> Winfield Hill wrote, needed small, used Feather. >> >> >> >> Use one of these to drive it... >> >> >> >> <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/> >> > >> > Nice Raspberry Pi replacement, >> >> Well, that is hardly what that is. Compared to the pi, that is >> full bore professional level gear. > > in what way? > >> >> It depends on how many you are doing, who is paying, and how >> long >> you want them to last in the field. The price differential is >> not that much if it is funded in any way. >> >> >> > but pretty big, >> >> That is because it is not as you describe. It is an order of >> magnitude more than a Pi. >> > > how? >
Acoording to you? Price alone. But hey, if you are unable to see the differences between those units and a Pi, then you are going senile or never had it and need new or remedial schooling or LSD or something, because you gotta be dumb or blind or both not to see that boy.
torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 19.26.34 UTC+1 skrev DecadentLinux...@decadence.org:
> Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote in > news:71d3521f-b292-4c70-81f4-de462476e9f4@googlegroups.com: > > > torsdag den 12. december 2019 kl. 18.12.19 UTC+1 skrev > > DecadentLinux...@decadence.org: > >> Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qstres01r62 > >> @drn.newsguy.com: > >> > >> > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote... > >> >> > >> >> Winfield Hill wrote, needed small, used Feather. > >> >> > >> >> Use one of these to drive it... > >> >> > >> >> <https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-family/hummingboard/> > >> > > >> > Nice Raspberry Pi replacement, > >> > >> Well, that is hardly what that is. Compared to the pi, that is > >> full bore professional level gear. > > > > in what way? > > > >> > >> It depends on how many you are doing, who is paying, and how > >> long > >> you want them to last in the field. The price differential is > >> not that much if it is funded in any way. > >> > >> > >> > but pretty big, > >> > >> That is because it is not as you describe. It is an order of > >> magnitude more than a Pi. > >> > > > > how? > > > > Acoording to you? Price alone. > > But hey, if you are unable to see the differences between those > units and a Pi, then you are going senile or never had it and need > new or remedial schooling or LSD or something, because you gotta be > dumb or blind or both not to see that boy.
I can see the differences, higher price, less performance, less memory. so ..
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote...
> Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote >> >> you want to replace a $1 M0 mcu with a $100 A9 running linux? >> in what way does that make any sense? > > How is a Pi a "$1 MO mcu"?
The Feather we are using has an Atmel ATSAMD21G18, ARM Cortex M0+, which is about $2.50 on Octopart. But I have seen Atmel's ARM Cortex M0 under $1. -- Thanks, - Win
On 12.12.19 21:13, Winfield Hill wrote:
> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote... >> Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote >>> >>> you want to replace a $1 M0 mcu with a $100 A9 running linux? >>> in what way does that make any sense? >> >> How is a Pi a "$1 MO mcu"? > > The Feather we are using has an Atmel ATSAMD21G18, > ARM Cortex M0+, which is about $2.50 on Octopart. > But I have seen Atmel's ARM Cortex M0 under $1. > >
Win, Can the programming specifications of the sensor be found somewhere? -- -Tauno