Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc.  I am in the US.  Thank you.

AB
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:24:55 -0500, Al Butterworth <emailrus@you.net>
wrote:

>Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able >to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you. > >AB
Car ignition coil? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com

LCD TVs don't need flybacks! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com
Something like this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32965980997.html Couldn't even buy the wire for that price... Arie
On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, pfjw@aol.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth wrote: >> Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able >> to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you. >> >> AB > > Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices. > Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices. > > None of which have diodes installed.
Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like was found in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was going to use a 3-4 stage multiplier.
"John Larkin" <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in message
>>>Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able >>>to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you. >>> >>>AB >> >>Car ignition coil? > > LCD TVs don't need flybacks!
Who said anything about?--nevermind... LCDs with CCFL backlights, though. Low power (10s W), high voltage capable (3, maybe 5kV peak?). Comes with resonant driver circuit, full wave, not flyback. Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website: https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/
AJ Butterworth <emailrus@you.net> wrote:

> On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, pfjw@aol.com wrote: >> On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth wrote: >>> Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able >>> to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.
>>> AB
>> Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but >> Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices. Triad has a >> number of higher-voltage devices.
>> None of which have diodes installed.
> Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like was found > in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was going to use a 3-4 > stage multiplier.
Look for a 4-cylinder wasted spark ignition coil. It has two independent high voltage flyback transformers. You can probably put them in series for higher output voltage. They are inexpensive and available at most auto supply houses. For example, the ignition coil for a 2003 Ford Focus starts at $16.75 at Rock Auto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2003,focus,2.0l+l4 +dohc,1431898,ignition,ignition+coil,7060
Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote in

> AJ Butterworth <emailrus@you.net> wrote: > >> On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, pfjw@aol.com wrote: >>> On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth >>> wrote: >>>> Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to >>>> be able to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. >>>> Thank you. > >>>> AB > >>> Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, >>> but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices. >>> Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices. > >>> None of which have diodes installed. > >> Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like >> was found in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was >> going to use a 3-4 stage multiplier. > > Look for a 4-cylinder wasted spark ignition coil. It has two > independent high voltage flyback transformers. You can probably > put them in series for higher output voltage. > > They are inexpensive and available at most auto supply houses. For > example, the ignition coil for a 2003 Ford Focus starts at $16.75 > at Rock Auto: > > https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2003,focus,2.0l+l4 > +dohc,1431898,ignition,ignition+coil,7060 > >
Wind your own.
On 11/4/19 2:24 PM, Al Butterworth wrote:
> Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able > to run multiplier circuits, etc.&nbsp; I am in the US.&nbsp; Thank you. > > AB
Ebay seems to have the AC ones, but take a good close look at the condition before purchase. You can sometimes google the part numbers of the advertised device and come across a TV manual showing KV output of the transformer if that's important.