Forums

Tektronix

Started by bitrex September 23, 2019
John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

I have a number of instruments from a number of makers. It would be nice to have one of these... <https://www.keysight.com/ru/pdx-2935714-pn-UXR1102A/110-ghz-2- channel-uxr-series-real-time-infiniium-oscilloscope?&cc=US&lc=eng>
On Monday, 23 September 2019 15:01:02 UTC+1, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org  wrote:
> tabbypurr wrote in > news:05608f78-8f20-4e37-a08e-f2cf3e9540a8@googlegroups.com:
> > Anyone who needs to be told what an oscilloscope does is not a > > potential customer. > > You obviously have no grasp as to why a customer visits a > metrological instrument maker's web pages.
yawn
> Most have comprehensive information resources, not merely the > instruments themselves. > > You being peeved about some odd percetion you have about what a > customer would feel about seeing that opening page is actually pretty > funny.
I'm not peeved in the least
> > Potential customers don't appreciate being > > treated like 3 year olds. > > Nope. You get that treatment after you show up here barking out > childish complaints about feelings no other customers experience from > seeing that page.
I've made no such complaints
> > They've dropped the ball. > > Nope. They are one of the top players.
no, they were once
> It is like picking AMD or Intel and then thinking the other is lost > or will lose some imagined race.
Do us all a favour and try base jumping. NT
tabbypurr@gmail.com wrote in news:cd8b396c-8469-45b1-84c5-d2d26549d515
@googlegroups.com:

>> Nope. They are one of the top players. > > no, they were once >
No, idiot. I did not say the top player. I said one of the top players, and that remains true. There was a time when you possessed a modicum of intelligence... once.
tabbypurr@gmail.com wrote in news:cd8b396c-8469-45b1-84c5-
d2d26549d515@googlegroups.com:

> Do us all a favour and try base jumping.
Is that supposed to do harm? Or do you think that would put me in danger? The shit that runs through your brain that you actually then spew here is pretty retarded, child. You should try one of my new Kervorkian Product line items. It is called the Cordless Bungee Jump. It's all the rage among surviving family members, especially if they attended. Even my wit has you beat by an order of magnitude. Oh and I thought of this years ago and posted about it here a mere few months ago, so don't go thinking your stupid crack caused me to expand on it. My idea is actually funny and has been around a while.
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

------------------------------------

> > No, idiot. I did not say the top player. I said one of the top > players, and that remains true. > > There was a time when you possessed a modicum of intelligence... > once. >
** Crikey - when was that ? Nutcase Thornton has been a trolling PITA here for as long as I have been posting - and that is over 15 years. The fool haunts other technical NGs too where he also tries to disrupt any perceptive postings with his insane, alternative views. Worse even than John Larkin. .... Phil
bitrex wrote...
> > [ snip rant ] > Yo, what the fuck happened to this company?
I'm not bothered by that, but I'm very unhappy with their removal of copyright dates from their documents. Now you can't tell which version is the latest, or how out-of-date it is. This is a serious PITA for their customers. They've applied it across the board, including on all the Keithley documents. Damn. -- Thanks, - Win
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 23:54:58 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in >news:emjioedld9tb321cko7s85p4lrq3o2h14v@4ax.com: > >> On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 22:57:18 +0000 (UTC), >> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote: >> >>>jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in >>>news:e6lhoelclj7vkkt83filhvj8qj0kt0j7ce@4ax.com: >>> >>>>> Johnny is an idiot. >>>> >>>> Have you tried a Rigol scope? >>>> >>> >>> I said nothing about any other maker, Rigol included. >>> >>> I said that your assertion about Tek makes you decidedly stupid. >>>An idiot, in fact. >> >> OK, keep buying over-priced buggy imported equipment from companies >> that used to be good. >> > > I have a number of instruments from a number of makers. > > It would be nice to have one of these... > ><https://www.keysight.com/ru/pdx-2935714-pn-UXR1102A/110-ghz-2- >channel-uxr-series-real-time-infiniium-oscilloscope?&cc=US&lc=eng>
$1.3 million, I've heard. You'd have to be developing something serious, 5G gear or radar or something, to get one of those. I wonder if Rigol will have one like that next year. We have a 1 GHz 4-channel Rigol, nice scope. They are up to 2 GHz now. At 110 GHz, signals can't go very far through coax.
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:57:20 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

>DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: > >------------------------------------ > >> >> No, idiot. I did not say the top player. I said one of the top >> players, and that remains true. >> >> There was a time when you possessed a modicum of intelligence... >> once. >> > >** Crikey - when was that ? > >Nutcase Thornton has been a trolling PITA here for as long as I have been posting - and that is over 15 years. > >The fool haunts other technical NGs too where he also tries to disrupt any perceptive postings with his insane, alternative views. > >Worse even than John Larkin. > >
What kind of oscilloscope do you have?
Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qmbpl80qq4
@drn.newsguy.com:

> bitrex wrote... >> >> [ snip rant ] >> Yo, what the fuck happened to this company? > > I'm not bothered by that, but I'm very unhappy with > their removal of copyright dates from their documents. > Now you can't tell which version is the latest, or > how out-of-date it is. This is a serious PITA for > their customers. They've applied it across the board, > including on all the Keithley documents. Damn. > >
Any way they simply relocated it? If it is a digital file like a pdf or such, see if the file info Windows allows one to utilize is where they moved it to. Electronic documents do not have to have such data in their header or footer any longer, but I agree that it should still be there so that a printed out copy contains it. My ESD equipment test log spreadsheet has a lot of revision data in the file's extended data store (many times appears when cursor hovering over a file), and it also has tiny font ISO-9001 compliant document info in the lower right corner of the document and print job as well. http://www.mediafire.com/file/nehr1ip1us0ps16/ESD_Log_Auto.xlsm/file
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> Phil Allison > > >DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: > > > >------------------------------------ > > > >> > >> No, idiot. I did not say the top player. I said one of the top > >> players, and that remains true. > >> > >> There was a time when you possessed a modicum of intelligence... > >> once. > >> > > > >** Crikey - when was that ? > > > >Nutcase Thornton has been a trolling PITA here for as long > > as I have been posting - and that is over 15 years. > > > >The fool haunts other technical NGs too where he also tries > > to disrupt any perceptive postings with his insane, alternative views. > > > >Worse even than John Larkin. > > > > > > What kind of oscilloscope do you have?
** LOL - wot a massive QED !! .... Phil