Forums

Tektronix

Started by bitrex September 23, 2019
the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current web site
says:

"What is an oscilloscope?

The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device – it draws a
graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the graph shows how
signals change over time."

Yo, what the fuck happened to this company?
On 23.9.19 09:09, bitrex wrote:
> the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current web site > says: > > "What is an oscilloscope? > > The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device – it draws a > graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the graph shows how > signals change over time." > > Yo, what the fuck happened to this company?
It's not the company, but their customers - the new engineers. -- -TV
bitrex <user@example.net> wrote in

> the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current > web site says: > > "What is an oscilloscope? > > The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device &ndash; it > draws a graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the > graph shows how signals change over time." > > Yo, what the fuck happened to this company?
What is it you are having a problem with? Maybe you do not actually know what an oscilliscope is. Electrical signals typically "oscillate" and a "scope" for viewing them is a device which plots out moments of those signals in the form of a graph plot to show how said signals change over time. You getting weird over their fundamental description is funny.
On Monday, 23 September 2019 10:31:06 UTC+1, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org  wrote:
> bitrex <user@example.net> wrote in > news:0kZhF.558077$6H5.283796@fx45.iad: > > > the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current > > web site says: > > > > "What is an oscilloscope? > > > > The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device &ndash; it > > draws a graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the > > graph shows how signals change over time." > > > > Yo, what the fuck happened to this company? > > What is it you are having a problem with? > > Maybe you do not actually know what an oscilliscope is. > > Electrical signals typically "oscillate"
no
> and a "scope" for viewing > them is a device which plots out moments of those signals in the form > of a graph plot to show how said signals change over time. > > You getting weird over their fundamental description is funny.
Anyone who needs to be told what an oscilloscope does is not a potential customer. Potential customers don't appreciate being treated like 3 year olds. They've dropped the ball. NT
tabbypurr@gmail.com wrote in

> Anyone who needs to be told what an oscilloscope does is not a > potential customer.
You obviously have no grasp as to why a customer visits a metrological instrument maker's web pages. Most have comprehensive information resources, not merely the instruments themselves. You being peeved about some odd percetion you have about what a customer would feel about seeing that opening page is actually pretty funny.
> Potential customers don't appreciate being > treated like 3 year olds.
Nope. You get that treatment after you show up here barking out childish complaints about feelings no other customers experience from seeing that page.
> They've dropped the ball.
Nope. They are one of the top players. It is like picking AMD or Intel and then thinking the other is lost or will lose some imagined race.

No, Tek has deteriorated. We buy Rigol. If you're going to get a scope designed, programmed, and built in China, why pay Tek to be the middleman? It's not as if they can provide much support. https://www.rigolna.com/products/digital-oscilloscopes/ Hey, they assume that we already know what an oscilloscope is.
jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> No, Tek has deteriorated.
Johnny is an idiot.
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:14:01 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in >news:kljhoeh7as6pgv291gt0q9jqa6kp4hjpu2@4ax.com: > >> No, Tek has deteriorated. > > Johnny is an idiot.
Have you tried a Rigol scope? Or a Tek lately? They tend to be buggy, and there's no support available because they apparently don't control the code. I had the same problem with a low-end Keithley bench DVM. They can't fix bugs because they didn't design the box. I think Tek and Keysight still engineer the high-end scopes, the fraction of a megabuck stuff, so they can support those. They offloaded the lower end stuff, just rebrand commodity products. Often you will see exactly the same instrument sold under multiple names, and a lot cheaper than Tek or Keithley. My bench scope is the 4-channel 500 MHz Rigol. I had a 200 MHz Tek, but it had horrible stupid triggering bugs that they wouldn't fix. It didn't actually deliver clean gaussian 200 MHz response; they over-peaked it badly. And it took minutes to power up.
"bitrex" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current web site > says: > > "What is an oscilloscope? > > The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device &ndash; it draws a > graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the graph shows how > signals change over time." > > Yo, what the fuck happened to this company?
Duh... managers in charge of purchasing? Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website: https://www.seventransistorlabs.com/
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:45:40 -0500, "Tim Williams"
<tiwill@seventransistorlabs.com> wrote:

>"bitrex" <user@example.net> wrote in message >news:0kZhF.558077$6H5.283796@fx45.iad... >> the first sentence on the "Oscilloscopes" page of Tek's current web site >> says: >> >> "What is an oscilloscope? >> >> The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device &ndash; it draws a >> graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the graph shows how >> signals change over time." >> >> Yo, what the fuck happened to this company? > >Duh... managers in charge of purchasing? > >Tim
Bean counters in charge of everything.