Design Me A Transformer, I Will Pay

Started by Unknown September 6, 2019
On 9/8/2019 9:53 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 04:24:17 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison > <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote: > >> John Smug, imitating a troll wrote: >> -------------------------------- >>> >>> >>> >>> If I understand your configuration correctly, you have an >>> autotransformer driven in a class B connection at the ends. The >>> transformer will need to have the thinnest laminations you can get in >>> order to handle the 20kHz. >>> >> >> ** Utter nonsense.
>> It's a wide band audio power tranny, not a SMPS.
Using .029 thick steel will not be good. What lamination thickness do you recommend?
>>> You will need to have enough laminations >>> (core) to not saturate at 20Hz. >> >> ** Right, full power at 20Hz happens all the time in audio ... >> >> Strewth.
I know, but what is Strewth? Is that a foreign language? Or maybe you are off you medications again.
Great! Suggest a core manufacturer and part number. Also suggest number of turns and wire size. That would prove you know what you're talking about.
On 9/8/2019 6:32 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
> > Some fuckwit retard posnig as jurb...@gmail.com wrote: > ======================================================= > >> >>> You don't need a transformer, you need power amplifiers >>> capable of... >> >> You are not getting it, this is a brand new audiophile design. If I just wanted power I could buy from B&O, those Icepower modules. If I wanted that i would not be here. >> > > ** Keep away from them - expensive, designed to fail and non repairable. > > Go one on my bench right now. > > >>> ** Hummmm - use a class D chip amp or two plus no doubt a high >falutin' SMPS *instead* of a simple iron core transformer. >>> >>> That IS a damn novel idea. >> >> B&O thought so and that is where the Icepower amps come from. >> > > ** Absurd fucking crap. > > B&O never did any such thing. > > > > >> >> I am building a solid state audiophile amp that most closely emulates the sound of tubes, but much better quality. Class D is out of the picture. I know what class D is and what it can do but it does not give me the sound I want. These things are going to go for two grand, and will be an all original design by me. I got the rest of it pretty much figured out but I lack the experise in transformers. >> > > ** This monumental fool lacks the basic common sense to realise how idiotic he is. > > Another demented troll, wasting all of our times here. > > Yawnnnnnn .... > > > > ..... Phil > >
Since you are bored and don't want to help, go away.
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

** Another fuckwit troll on the NG -  yawnnnnn....

> [...]
** Win is an academic who readily admits to knowing SFA about audio electronics - and not caring one hoot about that.
> compared to someone with your > decades of experience fixing broken guitar pedals.
** Really ? Posting ridiculous lies and bullshit about an identified poster are not alternatives to having a counter argument. Unless you simply have no brain. ..... Phil
John Shithead is a complete idiot wrote:

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

--------------------------------
** Must be "rent a troll" week.

> It might weigh 100 pounds.
** Not even if you wound the core from depleted uranium. Wot a brainless piece of human garbage. ... Phil
John Shithead is a TROLL wrote:

----------------------------------

> [...]
** Explain how million of high quality audio output trannys use regular steel laminations. I will not hold my breath waiting. My point about SMPS has gone way over your head.
** A common exclamation of disbelief. Is that a foreign language? ** Maybe pommy slang, but widely used elsewhere. ( snip mindless abuse)
** Any of the folk who do custom toriodals would be fine. Your ignorance of the whole topic is appalling. As are your fucking horrible manners. ..... Phil
John Shithead = another complete asshole wrote:

> > > Since you are bored and don't want to help, go away. >
** This donkey's rear end is jus begging to be driven of the NG. .... Phil
Phil Allison wrote...
> > ** Win is an academic who readily admits to knowing > SFA about audio electronics - and not caring one hoot > about that.
I cared 50 years ago, and designed award-winning amplifiers, owned the big woofers, etc., but lost my golden ear decades ago. So yes, now I'm happy with a class-D amp and a cheap speaker. However, I designed a 100Vpp 10App DC-10MHz 1000V/us slew- rate laboratory power amplifier (AMP-70A, reported in these pages). The design has intrinsically low distortion, but with its wide bandwidth, also has a high loop gain at audio frequnecies. A group in Germany made a few from my design documents, meant for audio use, and reported 2ppm distortion at full power at 20kHz. While I may not care a hoot about audio, I can still create superior "audio" designs. Also, while we're talking, I am not an academic, no sir, thank you. I'm a hard-working slob of an engineer who happens to have worked at Harvard for many many decades, and co-authored books. I run an E.E. Lab, and crank out off-the-wall designs. -- Thanks, - Win
Winfield Hill drivelled:
---------------------------
> > Phil Allison wrote... > > > > ** Win is an academic who readily admits to knowing > > SFA about audio electronics - and not caring one hoot > > about that. > > > I cared 50 years ago, and designed award-winning > amplifiers, owned the big woofers, etc., but lost > my golden ear decades ago. >
** Really ? Even more off with the fairies than before.
> So yes, now I'm happy > with a class-D amp and a cheap speaker.
** Good for you.
> However, > I designed a 100Vpp 10App DC-10MHz 1000V/us slew- > rate laboratory power amplifier (AMP-70A, reported > in these pages).
** No fooling ......
> The design has intrinsically low > distortion, but with its wide bandwidth, also has > a high loop gain at audio frequnecies. A group in > Germany made a few from my design documents, meant > for audio use, and reported 2ppm distortion at full > power at 20kHz. While I may not care a hoot about > audio, I can still create superior "audio" designs. >
** Fascinating, but totally irrelevant.
> Also, while we're talking, I am not an academic, > no sir, thank you. I'm a hard-working slob of an > engineer who happens to have worked at Harvard for > many many decades, and co-authored books. >
** Smells very much like an academic to me.....
> I run > an E.E. Lab, and crank out off-the-wall designs. >
** Like replacing a low cost and effectively perfect audio output transformer with an expensive, SMD mosfet & SMPS nightmare for ZERO advantage ?? Seriously, yours was one of the nuttiest post I have ever seen on this NG. Plus you still seem to have NO clue why it was so ridiculous. ..... Phil
Phil Allison wrote drivel

 Give it a rest Phil.

--
 Thanks,