Forums

2.4Ghz Oscillator

Started by Cursitor Doom October 20, 2018
On Monday, 22 October 2018 19:50:18 UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann  wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:29:35 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote: > > >A mobile phone in a nuke produces plenty of sparks. And charphone. > >NT > > Nope. There isn't enough RF voltage across the air gap to produce a > visible spark. The steel wool in the microwave oven works because > steel is a mediocre RF conductor. The RF causes the steel to heat up > sufficiently to melt the ends of the wires. The produces a cloud of > iron ions sufficient to propagate the heating to adjacent strands. The > initial burning may look like a spark, but it's not. I could probably > calculate what it takes to produce a visible spark, but I'm late for > lunch. Figure on a breakdown voltage in dry air of about 3 million > volts per meter. This might help: > > "How strong is the electrical field inside a microwave oven?" > <https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/339481/how-strong-is-the-electrical-field-inside-a-microwave-oven> > > Destroying a phone with a microwave oven is too obvious, not very > imaginative, and much too easy. My Samsung S6 has a wireless charging > feature, which is depressingly slow at charging the battery. I'm > wondering if putting it on an induction cooker or stove might speed > things up. Try it and let me know what happens (or what remains after > the test). > > Learn by Destroying(tm).
I'm not going to stick your or my phone in a microwave to find out. I've stuck enough metal things in to know that nearby conductors result in sparks. I didn't get the opportunity to nuke a pcb tonight. NT
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:10:00 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:


>Most definately true. At the short range needed to be effective, 800 >watts at 2.4GHz into presumably a 0dBi isotropic radiator is well >above the FCC RF safety guidelines. Anything that will vaporize >silicon can probably do the same to brain cells.
I caused quite a stir from the safety nazis when I posted this photo: http://www.neon-john.com/images/micronuke.jpg I knew it was safe because I had tested it with a microwave survey meter. At eye level, the meter barely comes off the peg. John John DeArmond http://www.neon-john.com http://www.tnduction.com Tellico Plains, Occupied TN See website for email address
On Thursday, 25 October 2018 18:03:44 UTC+1, Neon John  wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:10:00 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> > wrote: > > > >Most definately true. At the short range needed to be effective, 800 > >watts at 2.4GHz into presumably a 0dBi isotropic radiator is well > >above the FCC RF safety guidelines. Anything that will vaporize > >silicon can probably do the same to brain cells. > > I caused quite a stir from the safety nazis when I posted this photo: > > http://www.neon-john.com/images/micronuke.jpg > > I knew it was safe because I had tested it with a microwave survey > meter. At eye level, the meter barely comes off the peg. > > John > > John DeArmond > http://www.neon-john.com > http://www.tnduction.com > Tellico Plains, Occupied TN > See website for email address
move the discharge lamp away and it's another story NT