manychips dot com

Started by George Herold October 4, 2018
Never order IC's from them!  
And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em.

George H. 
(we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.) 
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:30:34 PM UTC-4, George Herold wrote:
> Never order IC's from them! > And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. > > George H. > (we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN_7NJ4qYA
On 2018/10/04 11:10 AM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:30:34 PM UTC-4, George Herold wrote: >> Never order IC's from them! >> And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. >> >> George H. >> (we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN_7NJ4qYA >
Followed by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSWGV3jGek John :-#(#
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 09:30:30 -0700 (PDT), George Herold
<gherold@teachspin.com> wrote:

>Never order IC's from them! >And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. > >George H. >(we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.)
Only buy from authorized distributors. And NEVER let purchasing make decisions about what to buy from who. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com
On 10/4/2018 1:10 PM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:30:34 PM UTC-4, George Herold wrote: >> Never order IC's from them! >> And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. >> >> George H. >> (we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN_7NJ4qYA >
As JL said "Only buy from authorized distributors."
On 10/4/2018 1:39 PM, John Robertson wrote:

> Followed by: > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSWGV3jGek
Appalling, disgusting, sad.
On Thursday, 4 October 2018 22:42:18 UTC+1, John S  wrote:
> On 10/4/2018 1:39 PM, John Robertson wrote: > > > Followed by: > > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSWGV3jGek > > Appalling, disgusting, sad.
yes, but also a little misleading.
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 16:40:45 -0500, John S <Sophi.2@invalid.org> wrote:

>On 10/4/2018 1:10 PM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote: >> On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:30:34 PM UTC-4, George Herold wrote: >>> Never order IC's from them! >>> And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. >>> >>> George H. >>> (we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.) >> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN_7NJ4qYA >> > >As JL said "Only buy from authorized distributors."
There are a few respectable resellers of end-of-life parts, like Converge. https://www.converge.com/ They trace the parts history, and often do testing, to make sure they are authentic and good. Expect to pay above ebay prices. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com
On 05-Oct-18 6:52 AM, tabbypurr@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 October 2018 22:42:18 UTC+1, John S wrote: >> On 10/4/2018 1:39 PM, John Robertson wrote: >> >>> Followed by: >>> >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSWGV3jGek >> >> Appalling, disgusting, sad. > > yes, but also a little misleading. >
How so?
On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 11:54:32 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highland_snip_technology.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 09:30:30 -0700 (PDT), George Herold ><gherold@teachspin.com> wrote: > >>Never order IC's from them! >>And if you want some *not* AD620's I've got a bucket full of 'em. >> >>George H. >>(we shouldn't let purchasing search the web for cheap stuff.) > >Only buy from authorized distributors. > >And NEVER let purchasing make decisions about what to buy from who.
Or have a competent purchasing department.