Qualcomm

Started by bitrex March 13, 2018
Looks like a big chunk of the semiconductor industry becoming a
Matryoshka doll has been averted for the time being.

Intel buying Broadcom buying Qualcomm buying NXP buying Freescale buying...
Den tirsdag den 13. marts 2018 kl. 18.51.29 UTC+1 skrev bitrex:
> Looks like a big chunk of the semiconductor industry becoming a > Matryoshka doll has been averted for the time being. > > Intel buying Broadcom buying Qualcomm buying NXP buying Freescale buying...
afaiu Broadcom trying to take over Qualcomm was blocked for "national security concerns"
IMO, this was a very good decision by The Donald. -- Kevin Aylward http://www.anasoft.co.uk - SuperSpice http://www.kevinaylward.co.uk/ee/index.html
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:50:31 +0000, Kevin Aylward wrote:

> IMO, this was a very good decision by The Donald.
Just one of many thus far. -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.
On 03/13/2018 03:50 PM, Kevin Aylward wrote:
>> "bitrex"  wrote in message news:wcUpC.144212$4_2.31902@fx35.iad... > >> Looks like a big chunk of the semiconductor industry becoming a >> Matryoshka doll has been averted for the time being. > > > IMO, this was a very good decision by The Donald. > > > -- Kevin Aylward > http://www.anasoft.co.uk - SuperSpice > http://www.kevinaylward.co.uk/ee/index.html > >
I don't know if HL Mencken wrote anything like this, but it sounds like something he would've written, maybe: "An American will accolade and praise a nincompoop who on one spectacular occasion makes a correct decision, with the very same fervor and vigor that he curses and condemns an expert who makes the correct decision in all cases except the one occasion he spectacularly slips up."
On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 11:59:11 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:50:31 +0000, Kevin Aylward wrote: > > > IMO, this was a very good decision by The Donald. > > Just one of many thus far.
Cursitor Doom is trying to usurp Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson from his role as the leading peddler of self-serving delusions around here. Trump has made remarkably few decisions that have actually had any effect - he's remarkably ineffective as US presidents go - and none of them qualify as "very good" by any objective test. A few of them may be seen as pandering to Trump's deplorable support base, who are consequently inordinately chuffed by them, but that's the hallmark of a rather poor decision. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney