Forums

Overvoltage on transformer secondary

Started by Unknown November 28, 2017
Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:

> John, I have helped you many times in the past. For example, remember > TCalc? You said it helped you.
TTcalc
bill....@ieee.org wrote:

------------------------
> > One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. > He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, > and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. >
** JL loves using the "loaded question" in order to gain or regain the upper hand - but only if you fall into the trap of inadvertently appointing him to be your judge. .... Phil
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:52:14 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

>bill....@ieee.org wrote: > >------------------------ >> >> One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. >> He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, >> and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. >> > >** JL loves using the "loaded question" in order to gain or regain the upper hand - but only if you fall into the trap of inadvertently appointing him to be your judge. > > > >.... Phil > >
I get along great with people who actually design electronics. That is the topic here. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:07:34 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:

>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:05:54 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>>> wrote: > >>>>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>>>>> wrote: > >>>>>>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>>>>>> saturating inductor. > >>>>>>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two >>>>>>>>>and a half months old? > >>>>>>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>>>>>> Usenet? > >>>>>>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the >>>>>>>desired one that is the problem. > >>>>>> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter. > >>>>>Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"? > >>>> It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use >>>> feminine anatomical references as insults. > >>>Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve. > >> I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal >> insults. > >I asked you a civil question, and you began the runaround. > >You are running Forte Agent 1.91/32.564. Why couldn't you have said so, >instead of acting like a jerk.
You obviously knew already. I once upgraded to a newer version, but I didn't like the concepts so I regressed back to that one. It still works fine under Win7. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
John Larkin wrote:

-----------------------
> > >bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > >------------------------ > >> > >> One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. > >> He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, > >> and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. > >> > > > >** JL loves using the "loaded question" in order to gain or regain the upper hand - but only if you fall into the trap of inadvertently appointing him to be your judge. > > > > > > I get along great with people who actually design electronics. >
** In truth, with only a small fraction of them, the blatant sycophants. .... Phil
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 10:39:55 PM UTC+11, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:52:14 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison > <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote: > > >bill....@ieee.org wrote: > > > >------------------------ > >> > >> One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. > >> He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, > >> and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. > >> > > > >** JL loves using the "loaded question" in order to gain or regain the upper hand - but only if you fall into the trap of inadvertently appointing him to be your judge. > > I get along great with people who actually design electronics. > > That is the topic here.
Unless you have found some particularly seductive denialist propaganda and can't resist posting a link to it ... -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
In article <XnsA887B75367A4idtokenpost@69.16.179.22>, no@spam.com 
says...
> > I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal > > insults. > > I asked you a civil question, and you began the runaround. > > You are running Forte Agent 1.91/32.564. Why couldn't you have said so, > instead of acting like a jerk. > > And now you are trying to blame me, when the entire set of posts is > available above! > > John, I have helped you many times in the past. For example, remember > TCalc? You said it helped you. > > And I could have helped you many times since. But I refrain from doing so. > > Because you are a jerk. > > >
That could be in your mind but, if that being the cast, he is a very highly skilled jerk, something Slow_Man will never achieve.
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9:49:49 AM UTC+11, M Philbrook wrote:
> In article <XnsA887B75367A4idtokenpost@69.16.179.22>, no@spam.com > says... > > > I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal > > > insults. > > > > I asked you a civil question, and you began the runaround. > > > > You are running Forte Agent 1.91/32.564. Why couldn't you have said so, > > instead of acting like a jerk. > > > > And now you are trying to blame me, when the entire set of posts is > > available above! > > > > John, I have helped you many times in the past. For example, remember > > TCalc? You said it helped you. > > > > And I could have helped you many times since. But I refrain from doing so. > > > > Because you are a jerk. > > > > > > > > That could be in your mind but, if that being the cast, he is a very > highly skilled jerk, something Sloman will never achieve.
Trifle ironic. John Larkin spends a lot of his time boasting about sub-nanosecond circuits that do what I was doing from 1988 to 1991. Admittedly we were mostly using GaAs logic from Gigabit, while John uses ECLinPS which didn't become freely available until a few years later. I used some around 1997, to get rid of some some sub-nanosecond jitter that was showing up on the TTL outputs driving an electron-resonance spectrometer. We just used the ECLinPS to resynchronise the TTL edges to the 200 MHz master clock - using surface mount packages to let us squeeze the extra circuitry onto the same single Eurocard that had originally accommodated the TTL bits. Worked fine. The next move - to replace the TTL system with a better one, using a 500MHz clock - fell down when the guy who was going to use it got retired, but not until I'd put a year into detailed design. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney