Forums

Overvoltage on transformer secondary

Started by Unknown November 28, 2017
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:

>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>> saturating inductor. > >>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and a >>>>>half months old? > >>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>> Usenet? > >>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired one >>>that is the problem. > >> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter. > >Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"?
It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use feminine anatomical references as insults. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
Steve Wilson wrote:

> John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >> saturating inductor. > > What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and a half > months old?
As long as the news PROVIDER (the folks you get your news from)has that level of retention on their servers it is no problem. Your news client (the app you read your news with)is able to pick up whatever is on the server at the time it makes the query. You can search google groups and find news artiles years old.
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:

> On 02/10/2018 03:57 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
>> I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired >> one that is the problem.
> Try turning on threading. In Thunderbird, Nov 27 is only four or five > screenfuls back.
Thanks. I use Xnews which runs on XP. It does threading but the search capabilities are pretty dismal. I have to scan through each post to try to find the one I need. It used to have a very valuable function that stored the post number when you saved a post for reference. This made it trivial to respond to a post no matter how old. But it stopped saving the number some time ago which is a real pain. There are several web-based newsreaders such as http://www.electronics-related.com/usenet/design.php http://www.electrondepot.com/electrodesign/ http://www.electronicspoint.com/electronic-design-f6.html http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.electronics.design/ The top one is best for searches, but it often is hit or miss when looking for a specific post. So for the time being, I try to confine myself to replying to posts no more than a month or so old. Maybe it's time to take another look at Thunderbird, if it runs on XP.
> Cheers
> Phil Hobbs
John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >> >>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >> >>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >> >>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>>> saturating inductor.
>>>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and >>>>>>a half months old?
>>>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>>> Usenet?
>>>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired >>>>one that is the problem.
>>> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter.
>>Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"?
> It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use > feminine anatomical references as insults.
Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:05:54 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:

>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >> >>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >>> >>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >>> >>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >>> >>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>>> wrote: > >>>>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>>>> saturating inductor. > >>>>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and >>>>>>>a half months old? > >>>>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>>>> Usenet? > >>>>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired >>>>>one that is the problem. > >>>> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter. > >>>Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"? > >> It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use >> feminine anatomical references as insults. > >Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve.
Plonk. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:05:54 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:

>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >> >>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >>> >>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: >>> >>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: >>> >>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote: > >>>>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>>> wrote: > >>>>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>>>> saturating inductor. > >>>>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and >>>>>>>a half months old? > >>>>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>>>> Usenet? > >>>>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired >>>>>one that is the problem. > >>>> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter. > >>>Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"? > >> It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use >> feminine anatomical references as insults. > >Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve.
I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal insults. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:03:55 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

> I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal > insults.
The sure sign that an argument has been lost. :-D -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 4:37:50 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:03:55 -0800, John Larkin wrote: > > > I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal > > insults. > > The sure sign that an argument has been lost. :-D
One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
bill.sloman@ieee.org wrote:

> On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 4:37:50 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote: >> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:03:55 -0800, John Larkin wrote: >> >> > I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal >> > insults. >> >> The sure sign that an argument has been lost. :-D > > One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently. >
Heheh... good one.
John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:05:54 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:54:31 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:57:59 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:24:30 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:50:25 GMT, Steve Wilson <no@spam.com> >>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a >>>>>>>>> saturating inductor.
>>>>>>>>What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two >>>>>>>>and a half months old?
>>>>>>> What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of >>>>>>> Usenet?
>>>>>>I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the >>>>>>desired one that is the problem.
>>>>> It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter.
>>>>Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"?
>>> It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use >>> feminine anatomical references as insults.
>>Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve.
> I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal > insults.
I asked you a civil question, and you began the runaround. You are running Forte Agent 1.91/32.564. Why couldn't you have said so, instead of acting like a jerk. And now you are trying to blame me, when the entire set of posts is available above! John, I have helped you many times in the past. For example, remember TCalc? You said it helped you. And I could have helped you many times since. But I refrain from doing so. Because you are a jerk.