Forums

How does this balance charger battery sensing work?

Started by John Doe September 12, 2017
My writing below the link might be more concise.

I bought a "balance charger" that allegedly tries to evenly
charge every cell in a battery pack. Apparently the individual
cell voltages are correctly displayed.

The battery pack to be charged has four wires. It is connected
to the "balance charger" as in the links below. The balance
charger has four sensing circuit leads, two of them are
connected directly to its own charger's V+ and V- supply leads.
Those wires cannot sense anything but V+ and V- (my
understanding).

That leaves two of the sensing circuit leads to monitor the
voltage of a three battery pack. How is that done? Serial
communications is unlikely, IMO.

http://thehighproglow.blogspot.com.es/

The connector on the left plugs into the three cell battery
pack.

The wires on the right go to the "balance charger".

Notice on the right... The V+ and V- are connected directly to
two of four sensing leads. That leaves only two sensing leads to
measure the voltage of three batteries, which the balance
charger properly displays. How is that done?

Thanks.
Den tirsdag den 12. september 2017 kl. 20.53.26 UTC+2 skrev John Doe:
> My writing below the link might be more concise. > > I bought a "balance charger" that allegedly tries to evenly > charge every cell in a battery pack. Apparently the individual > cell voltages are correctly displayed. > > The battery pack to be charged has four wires. It is connected > to the "balance charger" as in the links below. The balance > charger has four sensing circuit leads, two of them are > connected directly to its own charger's V+ and V- supply leads. > Those wires cannot sense anything but V+ and V- (my > understanding). > > That leaves two of the sensing circuit leads to monitor the > voltage of a three battery pack. How is that done? Serial > communications is unlikely, IMO. > > http://thehighproglow.blogspot.com.es/ > > The connector on the left plugs into the three cell battery > pack. > > The wires on the right go to the "balance charger". > > Notice on the right... The V+ and V- are connected directly to > two of four sensing leads. That leaves only two sensing leads to > measure the voltage of three batteries, which the balance > charger properly displays. How is that done? > > Thanks.
three batteries in series that's four points
Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote:

> skrev John Doe:
>> http://thehighproglow.blogspot.com.es/
> three batteries in series that's four points
Oh, I see. That was the clue I needed.