which is the best metal to reflect microwave?

Started by DARS patel July 20, 2017
if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful.
thank you.
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 6:40:58 AM UTC-4, DARS patel wrote:
> if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. > thank you.
Usually when a microwave crashes into metal it just crumples. If you want to reflect it get something bouncy. Maybe rubber. :^) GH
On 7/20/2017 5:40 AM, DARS patel wrote:
> if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. > thank you. >
What material do airplanes use to reflect microwaves?
On 07/20/2017 06:40 AM, DARS patel wrote:
> if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. > thank you. >
Hats to reflect the laser sputnik mind-control beams are traditionally made of aluminum foil; users have reported good results from that material.
http://www.slt.co/products/RFShieldingFabrics/
On 2017-07-20, DARS patel <rupanidarshan@gmail.com> wrote:
> if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. > thank you.
I see the potential for humour has been exhausted by others. for the striaight dope, look up "skin effect". -- This email has not been checked by half-arsed antivirus software
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:28:18 -0400, bitrex wrote:

> Hats to reflect the laser sputnik mind-control beams are traditionally > made of aluminum foil; users have reported good results from that > material.
Only if they're properly earthed. Best approach is to attach a chain to the hat, the loose end of which drags across the ground as you walk. Same principle as used to prevent static build-up in motor vehicles.
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 8:01:59 AM UTC-4, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2017-07-20, DARS patel <rupanidarshan@gmail.com> wrote: > > if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. > > thank you. > > I see the potential for humour has been exhausted by others. for the > striaight dope, look up "skin effect".
If you made the hat of tin you could get it to super conduct. (~3K?) Maybe a lead superconducting hat. (~8K) George H.
On 07/22/2017 08:38 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:28:18 -0400, bitrex wrote: > >> Hats to reflect the laser sputnik mind-control beams are traditionally >> made of aluminum foil; users have reported good results from that >> material. > > Only if they're properly earthed. Best approach is to attach a chain to > the hat, the loose end of which drags across the ground as you walk. Same > principle as used to prevent static build-up in motor vehicles. >
Yes, yes, indeed, good point. When at home the best solution to keep one safe is probably to connect an IEC power lead to he hat. You know, so you get a really low-impedance connection to earth ground. Or something.
Niobium: higher Tc and can still be spun and machined. https://accelconf.web.cern.ch/accelconf/a07/PAPERS/WEPMA132.PDF Q better than quartz crystals! Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com