How Your Death Affects Climate Change

Started by July 16, 2017
This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects-cl_b_6263152.html

Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the stench will be
global and inescapable.
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred wrote:

> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: > > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects-
cl_b_6263152.html
> > Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the > stench will be global and inescapable.
You're a chearful soul these days, aren't you?
On 07/16/2017 05:12 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred wrote: > >> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: >> >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects- > cl_b_6263152.html >> >> Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the >> stench will be global and inescapable. > > You're a chearful soul these days, aren't you? >
The "apocalyptic left" has their apocalypse fantasies, same as the "apocalyptic right." Just different kinds of tits on a bull IMO
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700 (PDT),
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:

>This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: >http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects-cl_b_6263152.html >Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the stench will
be global and inescapable. That's an advertisement for the authors human composting service: <http://www.urbandeathproject.org> Seems like an elaborate way of doing what was traditionally acceptable... dig a hole and bury the body. A body disposal service is apparently quite useful: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3u9Xh0no0> (1:25) You might look into some wall hangings to fortify your depression. <https://despair.com> I have something similar in my office closet to help me get in the proper mood: <https://despair.com/collections/demotivators/products/marketing> "Because making it look good now is more important than providing adequate support later". For you, perhaps something in extreme-weather might be appropriate. <https://despair.com/collections/demotivators/extreme-weather> If thinking about global warming seems depressing, you probably have "climate depression" or "climate burnout". You are in good company: <http://grist.org/climate-energy/climate-depression-is-for-real-just-ask-a-scientist/> There's no cure, but there are ways to make you somewhat more tolerable: "16 tips for avoiding climate burnout" <http://grist.org/article/2010-05-12-coming-out-of-the-closet-my-climate-trauma-and-yours/> There are support groups, such as the IPCC, available among like thinking climate non-denialist proponents, where members exchange depressing thoughts, predictions of impending doom, and leads to obtaining research grants. Joining one of these might be more productive than trying to recruit electronic design engineers to your way of thinking. As near (for far) as I can tell, nobody in S.E.D. has changed their mind, and none have experienced environmental enlightenment. While I appreciate your concern for our olfactory health, but technology has already solved the problem of smelly corpses. There's no way to remove the volatile decomposition products from the air, but plenty of ways to mask the smell or desensitize the nose: "Top Ten Ways to Hide the Scent of Decomposition" <http://splatitudes.blogspot.com/2010/09/top-ten-ways-to-hide-scent-of.html> There are also commercial products: <https://www.prorestoreproducts.com/Content_003.aspx?cid=1172> Full disclosure: For a few months, I worked in a mortuary after skool. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On 2017/07/15 6:31 PM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:
> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: > >
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects-cl_b_6263152.html
> > Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the stench will
be global and inescapable.
>
Considering the Huff has a reputation for not paying its 'journalists' I suspect the information is worth what you paid for it. John
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:12:36 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<curd@notformail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred wrote: > >> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: >> >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects- >cl_b_6263152.html >> >> Finally mass graves with billions of rotting corpses...it is said the >> stench will be global and inescapable. > >You're a chearful soul these days, aren't you?
"Sick puppy" is the correct attribution. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I'm looking for work... see my website. Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.
bitrex wrote:
> On 07/16/2017 05:12 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote: >> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred wrote: >> >>> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: >>> >>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects- >>> cl_b_6263152.html Finally mass graves with billions of rotting >>> corpses...it is said >>> the stench will be global and inescapable. >> >> You're a chearful soul these days, aren't you? >> > > The "apocalyptic left" has their apocalypse fantasies, same as the > "apocalyptic right." > > Just different kinds of tits on a bull IMO
Except that when the CBO or the OMB predicts budget collapse from Social Security and Medicare, it's pure arithmetic without speculation. Of course there were also many articles written by the right from 1999 to 2006 predicting a major crash because of Clinton's expansion of Freddie's and Fanny's responsibilities.
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:16:25 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> You might look into some wall hangings to fortify your depression.
I prefer looking at Goya's paintings whenever I need to be less up-beat about life. If that fails I'll put on some Leonard Cohen (which never fails).
On 07/16/2017 01:34 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> bitrex wrote: >> On 07/16/2017 05:12 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote: >>> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:31:47 -0700, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred wrote: >>> >>>> This will ramp up when the climate related deaths skyrocket: >>>> >>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-spade/how-your-death-affects- >>>> cl_b_6263152.html Finally mass graves with billions of rotting >>>> corpses...it is said >>>> the stench will be global and inescapable. >>> >>> You're a chearful soul these days, aren't you? >>> >> >> The "apocalyptic left" has their apocalypse fantasies, same as the >> "apocalyptic right." >> >> Just different kinds of tits on a bull IMO > > Except that when the CBO or the OMB predicts budget collapse from Social > Security and Medicare, it's pure arithmetic without speculation. Of > course there were also many articles written by the right from 1999 to > 2006 predicting a major crash because of Clinton's expansion of > Freddie's and Fanny's responsibilities.
It certainly could be a problem - have you tried like, just not being old?
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:57:03 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<curd@notformail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:16:25 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote: > >> You might look into some wall hangings to fortify your depression. > >I prefer looking at Goya's paintings whenever I need to be less up-beat >about life. If that fails I'll put on some Leonard Cohen (which never >fails).
No need. I had a method of inducing depression that worked well. My father was in a convalescent hospital for a long time. A visit was enough to ruin the rest of my day. Among my customers were several other local convalescent hospitals and assisted living facilities. Immediately after a service call to one of these, I would visit the local shopping mall and walk around for 30 to 60 mins before it was safe for me attempt another service call. Clear the brain, punch the reset button, get distracted, etc. I had to give up such customers about 10 years ago because I couldn't handle it. Anecdotal drivel: Across the back fence at my father's house in Smog Angeles lived a most depressing individual. We received continuous updates on his activities because he would spend most of his day on the phone yelling loudly about his problems. I finally went to meet him in person and discovered that he was a comedy writer for a major Hollyweird personality. I sometimes suspect that I've modeled my personality after him. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558