Forums

NTC caps

Started by John Larkin March 9, 2017
Good guys:

http://www.capaxtechnologies.com/products.htm

They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need.

They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s
from stock.

We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns out that
someone else shipped us a reel of NPOs when we ordered N750s.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

>They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s >from stock.
Is the tolerance on dC/dT any better than usual? BITD it was around +-10%-20% iirc. Cheers Phil Hobbs
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 16:19:28 -0800 (PST), pcdhobbs@gmail.com wrote:

>>They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s >>from stock. > >Is the tolerance on dC/dT any better than usual? BITD it was around +-10%-20% iirc. > >Cheers > >Phil Hobbs
We just measured N4900 on the N4700s. That's pretty good... and actually hard to measure accurately. I plan to pad them with series COGs until this new oscillator is compensated, so -4900 is fine. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com http://www.highlandtechnology.com
On 10/03/2017 00:05, John Larkin wrote:
> Good guys: > > http://www.capaxtechnologies.com/products.htm > > They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need. > > They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s > from stock. > > We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns out that > someone else shipped us a reel of NPOs when we ordered N750s. > > >
Not good- especially when you get a reel of 10K pcs wrongly marked and you don't find out until they've all been fitted to PCBs, along with the other 4000 parts fitted to a DS 12 layer boars and they all have to come off :( --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:05:54 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> Good guys: > > http://www.capaxtechnologies.com/products.htm > > They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need. > > They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s > from stock. > > We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns out that > someone else shipped us a reel of NPOs when we ordered N750s. > > > > -- > > John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc > picosecond timing precision measurement > > jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com > http://www.highlandtechnology.com
Will they color code them? I want them to be the square root of ten pF times the square root ten to the color code power. (10^1/2) * (10^1/2)^color code. That gets me. Black 3.16pF Brown 10pF Red 31.6pF Orange 100pF Yellow 316pF Green 1000pF Blue 3160pF Violet 10000pF Gray 31600pF White 100000pF That would handle most of my NPO cap needs. Resistors I can check with a meter. Cap values are lost once they go free range.
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 05:02:52 -0800 (PST), Wanderer
<wanderer@dialup4less.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:05:54 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote: >> Good guys: >> >> http://www.capaxtechnologies.com/products.htm >> >> They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need. >> >> They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s >> from stock. >> >> We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns out that >> someone else shipped us a reel of NPOs when we ordered N750s. >> >> >> >> -- >> >> John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc >> picosecond timing precision measurement >> >> jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com >> http://www.highlandtechnology.com > >Will they color code them? I want them to be the square root of ten pF times the square root ten to the color code power. (10^1/2) * (10^1/2)^color code. That gets me.
I wish that surface-mount caps were color coded. A single color dot could be a sort of checksum. Encoding the value on an 0603 would be tricky. Microscopic bar code? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
On Friday, 10 March 2017 15:12:43 UTC, John Larkin  wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 05:02:52 -0800 (PST), Wanderer > <wanderer@dialup4less.com> wrote: > >On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:05:54 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote: > >> Good guys: > >> > >> http://www.capaxtechnologies.com/products.htm > >> > >> They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need. > >> > >> They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s > >> from stock.
> >Will they color code them? I want them to be the square root of ten pF times the square root ten to the color code power. (10^1/2) * (10^1/2)^color code. That gets me. > > I wish that surface-mount caps were color coded. A single color dot > could be a sort of checksum. Encoding the value on an 0603 would be > tricky. Microscopic bar code?
Use the old body end spot approach, but make it side 1 side 2 then top. It's just cheaper not to. NT
"John Larkin" <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote in message
> I wish that surface-mount caps were color coded. A single color dot > could be a sort of checksum. Encoding the value on an 0603 would be > tricky. Microscopic bar code?
Ceramic capacitors have been labeled, just like resistors, on very rare occasion. I've seen numbers in black enamel before. Very rare. Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com