Forums

RFID tag to erase or zap

Started by blisca November 15, 2016
Good morning,
once more i ask for some little help.

An item has to be sent to a potential customer,that could became a potential
competitor.
Inside a part ,an RFID tag is buried,and i would like that nobody else could
read the data in the tag.

I tried unsuccessfully to destroy it in 2 ways:
1)An hobbystic Royer oscillator,tuned on the frequency of the tag(125 KHz)
2)An EMP pulse,about 500A, from a big capacitor discharged through a coil in
free air

Is not possible to unmount the part and put it in the microwave oven.

The Royer oscillator is very basic,center tapped 10 turns coil,a battery of
polypropylene capacitors,2 MOSFETs,12V power supply.
It is not very efficient,consumption is 2 A not loaded,it could rise close
to 4A depending from load size and material and distance from the coil.
It can turn sligthly red a small screwdriver.It was tuned adding-removing
some capacitors and stretching-compressing the coil.
Of course the load affects the frequency.

The EMP zapper is even more basic:a 4400 uF-400V capacitor,charged until
120V through 20 ohms,and discharged through 0.1 ohm..by hand,
no MOSFETs or other kind of solid state switches.
I tried 2 kinds of coil,11 turns solenoid in free air (on an empty plastic
tin reel)and spiral coil :
 http://dropcanvas.com/qy754/1
this is the current as measured on the 0.1 ohm,50V/division->500A /division
http://dropcanvas.com/pruya

This operation has to be done only for this case,by now,so i 'm looking for
a cheap solution.
Anyway if an appropriate programmer could erase the tag  i will look for it.
I doubt that the tag could be so easily erasable without knowing some kind
of password.Is it correct?

Thanks for any hint,and for your attention and patience

Diego

On 11/15/2016 6:34 AM, blisca wrote:
> Good morning, > once more i ask for some little help. > > An item has to be sent to a potential customer,that could became a potential > competitor. > Inside a part ,an RFID tag is buried,and i would like that nobody else could > read the data in the tag. > > I tried unsuccessfully to destroy it in 2 ways: > 1)An hobbystic Royer oscillator,tuned on the frequency of the tag(125 KHz) > 2)An EMP pulse,about 500A, from a big capacitor discharged through a coil in > free air > > Is not possible to unmount the part and put it in the microwave oven. > > The Royer oscillator is very basic,center tapped 10 turns coil,a battery of > polypropylene capacitors,2 MOSFETs,12V power supply. > It is not very efficient,consumption is 2 A not loaded,it could rise close > to 4A depending from load size and material and distance from the coil. > It can turn sligthly red a small screwdriver.It was tuned adding-removing > some capacitors and stretching-compressing the coil. > Of course the load affects the frequency. > > The EMP zapper is even more basic:a 4400 uF-400V capacitor,charged until > 120V through 20 ohms,and discharged through 0.1 ohm..by hand, > no MOSFETs or other kind of solid state switches. > I tried 2 kinds of coil,11 turns solenoid in free air (on an empty plastic > tin reel)and spiral coil : > http://dropcanvas.com/qy754/1 > this is the current as measured on the 0.1 ohm,50V/division->500A /division > http://dropcanvas.com/pruya > > This operation has to be done only for this case,by now,so i 'm looking for > a cheap solution. > Anyway if an appropriate programmer could erase the tag i will look for it. > I doubt that the tag could be so easily erasable without knowing some kind > of password.Is it correct? > > Thanks for any hint,and for your attention and patience > > Diego >
Have you tried to read it? There are dozens of Android apps that can read/write various RFID tags. Have no idea whether they can read your frequency and unspecified format.
"Jasen Betts" <jasen@xnet.co.nz> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On 2016-11-15, blisca <blisca@tiscali.it> wrote: >> Good morning, >> once more i ask for some little help. >> >> I tried unsuccessfully to destroy it in 2 ways: >> 1)An hobbystic Royer oscillator,tuned on the frequency of the tag(125 >> KHz) >> 2)An EMP pulse,about 500A, from a big capacitor discharged through a coil >> in >> free air >> >> Is not possible to unmount the part and put it in the microwave oven. >> >> The Royer oscillator is very basic>> >> The EMP zapper is even more basic:a 4400 uF-400V capacitor,charged until >> 120V through 20 ohms,and discharged through 0.1 ohm..by hand, >> no MOSFETs or other kind of solid state switches. >> I tried 2 kinds of coil,11 turns solenoid in free air (on an empty >> plastic >> tin reel)and spiral coil : >> http://dropcanvas.com/qy754/1 >> this is the current as measured on the 0.1 ohm,50V/division->500A >> /division >> http://dropcanvas.com/pruya >> >> This operation has to be done only for this case,by now,so i 'm looking >> for >> a cheap solution. > > connect some wires to the antenna of the RFID tag and hit it with > 12V@2A when you want it to go away, .
thanks but this is not possible,i would like to induce 12V Probably the size of the capacitor is useless.. The induced effect depends on variation speed of the magnetic field,so i will try with a smaller but faster capacitor. Thanks