Forums

Looking for component test clips

Started by Dave M October 6, 2016
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers.  It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.
It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of
any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck.  You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find
anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what
to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Thanks!
Dave M

Dave M

"Dave M"  wrote in message

> I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those > that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's > the little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is > inserted. It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component > leads of any size and spacing.
> I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost > have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to > find anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know > what to search for.
> Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?
I think this may be what you are looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-EACH-GRAYHILL-TEST-CLIP-02-0-SPRING-FOR-QUICK-COMPONENT-CONTACT-TESTING-/152243046073?hash=item23726486b9:g:JQEAAOSwR5dXR2s~ A search on eBay for "Grayhill Test Clip" comes up with a few more, but very pricey: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=leaded+component+clip&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgrayhill+test+clip.TRS0&_nkw=grayhill+test+clip&_sacat=0 I think I have a bunch of them somewhere. They might be attached to banana plugs. I'll see if I can find them. Here is the Grayhill catalog page showing various types and sizes: http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/test_clips_term.pdf If you are looking for the spring clips behind slots on LCR meters, perhaps you can use one of those prototype plug-boards. Paul
Hi Dave,

> Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?
Do you look about textool? Marte
On 07-Oct-16 8:52 AM, Dave M wrote:
> I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those > that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the > little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted. > It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of > any size and spacing. > > I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost > have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find > anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what > to search for. > > Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them? > > Thanks! > Dave M > > Dave M > >
I've got no idea but maybe these guys may be able to help: <http://www.lairdtech.com/product-categories/emi-shields-gaskets/fingerstock-spring-contacts> <http://kgs-ind.com/products/emc/grounding/on-board-contacts/> Someone posed a link to another supplier in the last month or so but I can't spot it.
OK, I found what I'm looking for.  Someone mentioned that the solderless
breadboards use that type of clips.  I found one in a drawer of old
odds-n-ends, took it apart and there they were!!  There are a handful of
them in one of the breadboards; more than I need, but now I know where
to find more if I need them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave M

"Dave M"  wrote in message

> OK, I found what I'm looking for. Someone mentioned that the solderless > breadboards use that type of clips. I found one in a drawer of old > odds-n-ends, took it apart and there they were!! There are a handful of > them in one of the breadboards; more than I need, but now I know where to > find more if I need them.
> Thanks for the suggestion.
You're welcome! Paul