Forums

A high power RF LDMOS transistor

Started by Michael A. Terrell August 26, 2016
This transistor looks interesting:


<http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500-w-cw-over-1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H>
-- 
Subject: Spelling Lesson

The last four letters in American.........I Can
The last four letters in Republican.......I Can
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats

End of lesson.  Test to follow in November, 2016

Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.
Michael A. Terrell wrote...
> > This transistor looks interesting:
<http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500-w-cw-over- 1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H> Given the high advertised power levels, 1.5kW, the low 50V maximum voltage rating is an issue. That'll be a high impedance ratio to 50 ohms. BTW, November is Trump extermination month. -- Thanks, - Win
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 12:57:34 PM UTC+10, Winfield Hill wrote:
> Michael A. Terrell wrote... > > > > This transistor looks interesting: > <http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500-w-cw-over- > 1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H> > > Given the high advertised power levels, 1.5kW, > the low 50V maximum voltage rating is an issue. > That'll be a high impedance ratio to 50 ohms. > > BTW, November is Trump extermination month.
Can't we move it forward? Tuck Frump! -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On 27/08/16 12:57, Winfield Hill wrote:
> Michael A. Terrell wrote... >> >> This transistor looks interesting: > <http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500-w-cw-over- > 1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H>
Only $300 a piece, what a bargain :)
> Given the high advertised power levels, 1.5kW, > the low 50V maximum voltage rating is an issue. > That'll be a high impedance ratio to 50 ohms.
Our radio club is selling off TV transmitter modules based on this (lesser but similar) chip. The boards test out ok, but relied on large water-cooled heat-sinks. 200MHz and 500W out at 50Vds (but broadband; they work fine at 144MHz): <http://www.ampleon.com/documents/data-sheet/BLF278.pdf> The data sheet shows schematics for 108MHz, and I can show photos of the boards we have here. The output from the drains is clearly *very* low impedance, so you might like to see the matching circuit and layout. They run in class AB, so very high power consumption. The pre-amp is similar, based on an MRF182 (30W), which drives six PA modules. The MRF182 stage is also class AB, dissipating 60W quiescent, and in turn is driven by an MHL8118 (1W out, and also very inefficient). The set of six output stages with the two pre-amps puts out 960W RMS continuous, based on a scary 50V 120A supply direct from 415V three-phase. Clifford Heath.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:25:21 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

> This transistor looks interesting: > > > <http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500-
w-cw-over-1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H> Wow! That *is* impressive. As will be Trump's landslide victory come November. >:->
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 12:21:51 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:25:21 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote: > > > This transistor looks interesting: > > > > > > <http://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast/1500- > w-cw-over-1.8-500-mhz-50-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRF1K50H> > > Wow! That *is* impressive. As will be Trump's landslide victory come > November. >:->
As will the clouds of pigs flying overhead, each with its own orange toupee. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On 26 Aug 2016 19:57:15 -0700, Winfield Hill
<hill@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

[snip]
> > BTW, November is Trump extermination month.
The expected response from a senior member of the leftist elite. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | DEMOCRAT The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters, and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On 26 Aug 2016 19:57:15 -0700, Winfield Hill > <hill@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote: > > [snip] >> >> BTW, November is Trump extermination month. > > The expected response from a senior member of the leftist elite.
Well I'm not one of those and I think he's crap. He's just not as bad as the other piece of crap. The fact that we are unable to pick from among the best people because they don't even bother running, and we can't even pick the best of those that do run, makes me feel almost as bad as I would if my country was destroyed or conquered. It's just a lesser form of catastrophe because it only gets worse. The real problem is that democracy doesn't work. There might be no better way to protect freedom, but that doesn't mean it works.
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 17:19:43 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
<fizzbintuesday@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote: >> On 26 Aug 2016 19:57:15 -0700, Winfield Hill >> <hill@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote: >> >> [snip] >>> >>> BTW, November is Trump extermination month. >> >> The expected response from a senior member of the leftist elite. > >Well I'm not one of those and I think he's crap. He's just not as bad >as the other piece of crap. > >The fact that we are unable to pick from among the best people because >they don't even bother running, and we can't even pick the best of those >that do run, makes me feel almost as bad as I would if my country was >destroyed or conquered. It's just a lesser form of catastrophe because >it only gets worse. > >The real problem is that democracy doesn't work. There might be no >better way to protect freedom, but that doesn't mean it works. >
We seriously need a shake-up and toss out some _career_ politicians, otherwise we're headed to a dictatorship... which we'll have by the end of Queen Hillary's reign :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | DEMOCRAT The Party of Sexual Deviants, COP Haters, and Unions Covering for Bad Teachers
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 17:19:43 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso" > <fizzbintuesday@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote: > >> Jim Thompson wrote: >>> On 26 Aug 2016 19:57:15 -0700, Winfield Hill >>> <hill@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote: >>> >>> [snip] >>>> >>>> BTW, November is Trump extermination month. >>> >>> The expected response from a senior member of the leftist elite. >> >> Well I'm not one of those and I think he's crap. He's just not as >> bad as the other piece of crap. >> >> The fact that we are unable to pick from among the best people >> because they don't even bother running, and we can't even pick the >> best of those that do run, makes me feel almost as bad as I would if >> my country was destroyed or conquered. It's just a lesser form of >> catastrophe because it only gets worse. >> >> The real problem is that democracy doesn't work. There might be no >> better way to protect freedom, but that doesn't mean it works. >> > > We seriously need a shake-up and toss out some _career_ politicians, > otherwise we're headed to a dictatorship... which we'll have by the > end of Queen Hillary's reign :-(
But who's going to toss them out? The same idiot voters who put them in? They complain about who's in office with a downright weird unawareness of how they got into office. They are simply too stupid to pick the good from the bad. They are too stupid even to realize that they are in charge, and that they are at fault for everything they complain about.
> The Party of ... COP Haters,....
Yes, it's apparent from events of recent years that they only stopped saying "pigs" for the same reason they stopped saying "groovy".