Forums

HW for reading OCR data

Started by gm November 2, 2015
Hi.
I have one problem.
I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can
not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what
is done...

Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can
pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ?

GM
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:51:38 +0100, gm <notMyMail@mail.not> Gave us:

>Hi. >I have one problem. >I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >is done... > >Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? > >GM
Make the camera a 'flip-up' attachment like sunglasses which get attached to prescription glasses do.
On 11/02/2015 11:17 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:51:38 +0100, gm <notMyMail@mail.not> Gave us: > >> Hi. >> I have one problem. >> I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >> not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >> is done... >> >> Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >> pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? >> >> GM > > Make the camera a 'flip-up' attachment like sunglasses which get > attached to prescription glasses do. >
I dont know if i can do that because the camera that am planning to use is standard USB mini camera. Do you have some link where i can find such "accessories" :-). GM
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:01:59 +0100, gm <notmy@mail.com> Gave us:

>On 11/02/2015 11:17 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote: >> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:51:38 +0100, gm <notMyMail@mail.not> Gave us: >> >>> Hi. >>> I have one problem. >>> I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >>> not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >>> is done... >>> >>> Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >>> pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? >>> >>> GM >> >> Make the camera a 'flip-up' attachment like sunglasses which get >> attached to prescription glasses do. >> >I dont know if i can do that because the camera that am planning to use >is standard USB mini camera. Do you have some link where i can find such >"accessories" :-). > >GM
Maybe you can find a way to read the data that updates the screen electrically, then decode it into standard text output.
On 2/11/2015 8:51 PM, gm wrote:
> Hi. > I have one problem. > I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can > not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what > is done... > > Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can > pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? > > GM
Semi-silvered mirror? Sylvia.
gm <notMyMail@mail.not> wrote:
>Hi. >I have one problem. >I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >is done...
>Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ?
If the controller for the LCD is a standard HD44780 or compatible it should not be too difficult to decode the data, esp. if there are only writes to the display. In this case you could connect a second display of the same type in parallel (via buffer if necessary) that you can aim your camera onto.
In article <d9p0dbF3a6U2@mid.individual.net>, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-
regensburg.de says...
> > gm <notMyMail@mail.not> wrote: > >Hi. > >I have one problem. > >I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can > >not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what > >is done... > > >Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can > >pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? > If the controller for the LCD is a standard HD44780 or compatible it > should not be too difficult to decode the data, esp. if there are only > writes to the display. In this case you could connect a second display > of the same type in parallel (via buffer if necessary) that you can > aim your camera onto.
Something tells me the LCD electronics is not available to him and a attempt is being made to monitor the LCD contents covertly. Yes, I do pick up on things. Jamie
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:16:27 -0500, M Philbrook
<jamie_ka1lpa@charter.net> Gave us:

>In article <d9p0dbF3a6U2@mid.individual.net>, peter.heitzer@rz.uni- >regensburg.de says... >> >> gm <notMyMail@mail.not> wrote: >> >Hi. >> >I have one problem. >> >I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >> >not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >> >is done... >> >> >Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >> >pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? >> If the controller for the LCD is a standard HD44780 or compatible it >> should not be too difficult to decode the data, esp. if there are only >> writes to the display. In this case you could connect a second display >> of the same type in parallel (via buffer if necessary) that you can >> aim your camera onto. > > Something tells me the LCD electronics is not available to him and >a attempt is being made to monitor the LCD contents covertly. > >Yes, I do pick up on things. > >Jamie
Not covertly, idiot. Additionally.
In article <pfvf3bdmkkmh3ntjr111079nqc8djvm8u3@4ax.com>, DLU1
@DecadentLinuxUser.org says...
> > On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:16:27 -0500, M Philbrook > <jamie_ka1lpa@charter.net> Gave us: > > >In article <d9p0dbF3a6U2@mid.individual.net>, peter.heitzer@rz.uni- > >regensburg.de says... > >> > >> gm <notMyMail@mail.not> wrote: > >> >Hi. > >> >I have one problem. > >> >I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can > >> >not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what > >> >is done... > >> > >> >Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can > >> >pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? > >> If the controller for the LCD is a standard HD44780 or compatible it > >> should not be too difficult to decode the data, esp. if there are only > >> writes to the display. In this case you could connect a second display > >> of the same type in parallel (via buffer if necessary) that you can > >> aim your camera onto. > > > > Something tells me the LCD electronics is not available to him and > >a attempt is being made to monitor the LCD contents covertly. > > > >Yes, I do pick up on things. > > > >Jamie > > Not covertly, idiot. Additionally.
Goverment love people like you, so naive. Jamie
On 3/11/2015 8:16 AM, M Philbrook wrote:
> In article <d9p0dbF3a6U2@mid.individual.net>, peter.heitzer@rz.uni- > regensburg.de says... >> >> gm <notMyMail@mail.not> wrote: >>> Hi. >>> I have one problem. >>> I need to read data from one LCD keypad but the problem is that i can >>> not put camera in front of lcd keypad because end user will not see what >>> is done... >> >>> Is there any way to put somekind of transparent "part" to LCD , so i can >>> pickup data and pass it to camera or serial port ? >> If the controller for the LCD is a standard HD44780 or compatible it >> should not be too difficult to decode the data, esp. if there are only >> writes to the display. In this case you could connect a second display >> of the same type in parallel (via buffer if necessary) that you can >> aim your camera onto. > > Something tells me the LCD electronics is not available to him and > a attempt is being made to monitor the LCD contents covertly. > > Yes, I do pick up on things. > > Jamie >
I thought exactly the same. It's a sketchy question.