Forums

jelly bean op amp suggestion please

Started by David Eather August 11, 2015
hello,

Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp 1
to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND and
thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps that are
'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities that have
been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
On 08/11/2015 01:54 AM, David Eather wrote:
> hello, > > Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp > 1 to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND > and thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps > that are 'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities > that have been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
I often use the LMC6034, which may or may not be fast enough for you. The TS971 series is okay, and pretty cheap. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 hobbs at electrooptical dot net http://electrooptical.net
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 1:55:06 AM UTC-4, David Eather wrote:
> hello, > > Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp 1 > to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND and > thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps that are > 'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities that have > been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
There are some nice tables in AoE3. OPA367? (table 4.2a) I've never used it, but the specs look nice. No Dip package. There are others if you care less about Vos. George H.
TLV2372, give or take speed?

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:54:56 +1000, "David Eather" <eather@tpg.com.au>
wrote:

>hello, > >Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp 1 >to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND and >thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps that are >'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities that have >been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
If you mean gain bandwidth of 5MHz, I use the MicroChip MCP629x series. They're cheap and pretty good.
On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 10:55:06 PM UTC-7, David Eather wrote:
> Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp 1 > to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND and > thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps that are > 'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities that have > been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
I used to be a big fan of the LT1677, extolling it to all and sundry, but I recently noticed a stability issue under benign circumstances that I don't understand (and can't repro in LTSpice). I keep meaning to post the schematic here asking for some insights from the resident gurus. In the meantime I'm using OPA4376s in places where I used to use LT1679s. The single-channel version (OPA376) might be a good fit for yourr needs. -- john, KE5FX
On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:54:56 +1000, David Eather <eather@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> hello, > > Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp > 1 to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND > and thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps > that are 'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities > that have been found to be trouble free for breadboarding
Many thanks to all - I now have plenty og options to work through and alternatives to suggest if someone doesn't like what I chose.
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 22:54:39 +1000, "David Eather" <eather@tpg.com.au>
Gave us:

>On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:54:56 +1000, David Eather <eather@tpg.com.au> wrote: > >> hello, >> >> Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp >> 1 to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND >> and thats about it for extra requirements. I have some Microchip amps >> that are 'almost right' - but I would like to find other possibilities >> that have been found to be trouble free for breadboarding > > >Many thanks to all - I now have plenty og options to work through and >alternatives to suggest if someone doesn't like what I chose.
Should call yourself Ether then... :-)