Forums

Re: Why Adding a Voltage Amplifier after a Transimpedance Amplifier reduce BW? Book Claim by 0.64

Started by Phil Hobbs May 14, 2015
On 05/14/2015 12:15 PM, George Herold wrote:
> On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 11:57:36 AM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote: >> On 05/14/2015 11:50 AM, John Larkin wrote: >>> On Thu, 14 May 2015 04:07:59 -0700 (PDT), Phil Hobbs >>> <pcdhobbs@gmail.com> wrote: >>> >>>>> Oh and I'm fairly certain the non-inverting amplifier is >>>>> wired up correctly. Between switching back and forth from the >>>>> non-inverting to the inverting configuration several times, I >>>>> am fairly certain that both configurations were wired up >>>>> properly. >>>> >>>> Hmm... "several times" does make it sound like a solderless >>>> breadboard, as John suggested. Those things are slabs of >>>> misery, for sure. >>> >>> Someone deserves an IgNobel prize for inventing them. >> >> They work okay for making a PIC blink a LED, as long as they're >> new. >> >> Then of course somebody plugs in a resistor from an old reel >> without removing the residual adhesive, and two of the holes become >> flaky forever. Then the next resistor is maybe oversize, and bends >> the crappy metal fingers apart, and the one after that is corroded, >> and leaves semi-insulating dust all over the place.... >> >> Not to mention a couple of pF of capacitance between adjacent rows, >> and many nanohenries in series with all the (nastily daisy chained) >> grounds. >> >> Cheers >> >> Phil Hobbs
> > Grin, I was laying out this little pressure circuit for testing the > other day, a few flaky connections later and I grabbed my soldering > iron and copper clad. > > I need to order more (copper clad) any decent sources? > > George H. >
It's super cheap on eBay. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 hobbs at electrooptical dot net http://electrooptical.net