Forums

Source of LCD - touch screen panel mounting bezels?

Started by DTJ June 30, 2014
We're  looking at using a small (<3") LCD touch screen in a s low volume
product and are wondering what others use a mounting bezels.
Production will be around 500 units per annum.

The display will be similar to this one:

<http://www.watterott.com/en/MI0283QT-9>

I can't seem to find any suitable bezels sold with displays.
Injection molded plastic is likely to be to expensive.

What do low volume producers typically use as a mounting bezel for
putting these types of displays in a sheet metal enclosure?

Thanks.

One option, stick the display (with integrated touch) to a PCB (along with
whatever immediate connectors or driver electronics you desire) and mount
that to the chassis.  Preferably with a sacrificial or resistant window
covering (anything from plastic to sapphire).  Helps if the display you're
looking at has registration pegs on the backside.

Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com