Forums

Better late than never...

Started by Fred Bartoli June 12, 2013
TCP guarantees packet delivery.

For sure: just received this update now...


------------
Thank you for your order you placed on 2009-08-11.


This is an automated notification that xyztwbooks has indicated that your 
recent abdcef.com order has been processed and will ship within 24-48 
hours. 
If your order is from more than blah blah...

------------


BTW the project this book was for has been closed for long.
Fortunately :-)

-- 
Thanks,
Fred.
On 12 Jun 2013 12:53:00 GMT, Fred Bartoli
<mynamewithAdotinbetween@free.fr> wrote:

>TCP guarantees packet delivery. > >For sure: just received this update now... > > >------------ >Thank you for your order you placed on 2009-08-11. > > >This is an automated notification that xyztwbooks has indicated that your >recent abdcef.com order has been processed and will ship within 24-48 >hours. >If your order is from more than blah blah... > >------------ > > >BTW the project this book was for has been closed for long. >Fortunately :-)
I converted my phones to Ooma, so I closed and paid the final bill for my CenturyLink (nee Qwest) account a month ago. I also deleted their "E-bill" and "BillPay" items from my BofA account. Just got an E-mail from CenturyLink, "We appreciate the convenience of using the Internet to make changes to your account. Unfortunately we experienced difficulty processing your request. Please contact us using one of the following links and we will confirm paperless billing for account 480-xxx-xxxx is set up to your satisfaction." Birdbrains. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Jim Thompson wrote:
> > I converted my phones to Ooma, so I closed and paid the final bill for > my CenturyLink (nee Qwest) account a month ago. I also deleted their > "E-bill" and "BillPay" items from my BofA account. > > Just got an E-mail from CenturyLink, "We appreciate the convenience of > using the Internet to make changes to your account. Unfortunately we > experienced difficulty processing your request. Please contact us > using one of the following links and we will confirm paperless billing > for account 480-xxx-xxxx is set up to your satisfaction." > > Birdbrains.
They keep screwing up my lifeline account. It's about $12 a month, but they keep billing me for a different service, at $48 a month.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> > Jim Thompson wrote: >> >> I converted my phones to Ooma, so I closed and paid the final bill for >> my CenturyLink (nee Qwest) account a month ago. I also deleted their >> "E-bill" and "BillPay" items from my BofA account. >> >> Just got an E-mail from CenturyLink, "We appreciate the convenience of >> using the Internet to make changes to your account. Unfortunately we >> experienced difficulty processing your request. Please contact us >> using one of the following links and we will confirm paperless billing >> for account 480-xxx-xxxx is set up to your satisfaction." >> >> Birdbrains. > > > They keep screwing up my lifeline account. It's about $12 a month, > but they keep billing me for a different service, at $48 a month.
How about getting a voicemail from BofA (when you have NEVER had an account of any sort with them) concerning "your" latest credit card? Message is for you to activate it using the phone number on the back of the card. Message goes on to say that if you have not received the card, to call the number on the back of the card. ** Did M$ write that script?
Robert Baer wrote:
> > Michael A. Terrell wrote: > > > > Jim Thompson wrote: > >> > >> I converted my phones to Ooma, so I closed and paid the final bill for > >> my CenturyLink (nee Qwest) account a month ago. I also deleted their > >> "E-bill" and "BillPay" items from my BofA account. > >> > >> Just got an E-mail from CenturyLink, "We appreciate the convenience of > >> using the Internet to make changes to your account. Unfortunately we > >> experienced difficulty processing your request. Please contact us > >> using one of the following links and we will confirm paperless billing > >> for account 480-xxx-xxxx is set up to your satisfaction." > >> > >> Birdbrains. > > > > > > They keep screwing up my lifeline account. It's about $12 a month, > > but they keep billing me for a different service, at $48 a month. > How about getting a voicemail from BofA (when you have NEVER had an > account of any sort with them) concerning "your" latest credit card? > Message is for you to activate it using the phone number on the back > of the card. > Message goes on to say that if you have not received the card, to > call the number on the back of the card. > ** > Did M$ write that script?
No, it was a Nigerian scammer.
Robert Baer <robertbaer@localnet.com> wrote:
> Michael A. Terrell wrote: >> >> Jim Thompson wrote: >>> >>> I converted my phones to Ooma, so I closed and paid the final bill for >>> my CenturyLink (nee Qwest) account a month ago. I also deleted their >>> "E-bill" and "BillPay" items from my BofA account. >>> >>> Just got an E-mail from CenturyLink, "We appreciate the convenience of >>> using the Internet to make changes to your account. Unfortunately we >>> experienced difficulty processing your request. Please contact us >>> using one of the following links and we will confirm paperless billing >>> for account 480-xxx-xxxx is set up to your satisfaction." >>> >>> Birdbrains. >> >> >> They keep screwing up my lifeline account. It's about $12 a month, >> but they keep billing me for a different service, at $48 a month. > How about getting a voicemail from BofA (when you have NEVER had an > account of any sort with them) concerning "your" latest credit card? > Message is for you to activate it using the phone number on the back > of the card. > Message goes on to say that if you have not received the card, to > call the number on the back of the card. > ** > Did M$ write that script?
speaking of dumb, I found a credit card in an old pile of paperwork that I never activated. I went ahead and called the number on the sticker, and yes- I was able to turn on a card that was mailed to me about 2 years ago.