Forums

Update on 787 Battery Problems

Started by Joe Gwinn March 24, 2013
On Monday, March 25, 2013 12:36:31 PM UTC-4, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:

Then there was the matter of the arson he committed, burning down the entire facility in a rage of self-serving narcissism.
On 03/25/2013 12:36 PM, bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:24:15 PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote: > >> >> That guy sounds like all the bad-attitude folks I've ever seen on the >> >> job, and more besides, rolled into one with sprinkles on top. >> > > Oh sure....Securaplane was outright victimized by him. He may even be responsible for sabotaging the BCU, possibly on Airbus payroll, sexually deviant, may need to be investigated for advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. government as well materially contributing to international terrorism, defrauding the company of overtime not actually worked, stealing company property, falisfying test data, falsifying government compliance records,...no end to all the stuff he did. He was positively manic in his non-stop fevered malfeasance of every conceivable kind and degree. >
Re-read what the judge said about the way he behaved in the hearing. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 hobbs at electrooptical dot net http://electrooptical.net
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:49:41 -0400, "tm" <No_one_home@white-house.gov>
wrote:

>I doubt that is true. 9 kW would be 375 amps at 24 volts. The connectors and >wiring on the battery in the pictures do not seem big enough for that amount >of current.
That's about the current that my small military APU drew during the ~20 second starting cycle. Mine was a small one that I could pick up and carry around. I doubt the Boeing one is that small. John "get to know all your neighbors - fire off an APU in your back yard!" John DeArmond http://www.neon-john.com http://www.fluxeon.com Tellico Plains, Occupied TN See website for email address

Ummm, was that a gas turbine APU? <http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/standards/areas/apu.html> Yep... you'll certainly attact plenty of attention with one of those. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:22:02 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

>=20 > <http://cdn.nextgov.com/media/gbc/docs/pdfs_edit/012213bb1a.pdf>
So after two years the DoL ALJ dismissed his AIR complaint on July 15, 2011= . Leon had 10 days to appeal to DoL Review Board, which he did in rambling = incoherent nonsense on July 25, 2011. In the meantime he brought suit again= st Securaplane in Pima County Arizona Superior Court Case No. C20091791 for= Defamation/Invasion of Privacy/False Light, which was dismissed on motion = for summary judgment by Securaplane ( dunno why, probably for lack of evide= nce). He appealed to Arizona Court of Appeals Division Two, 2 CA-CV 2011-01= 54, where it was dismissed March 29, 2012, for the simple reason that Mr. L= eon failed to issue formal objection during the Superior Court hearing when= the judge granted motion summary judgment, which is a pretty fundamental e= rror,you can't base an appeal upon anything you didn't object to during tri= al, the hazards of pro se and the court's intolerance of people who don't k= now what they're doing. Leon will be dead by the time the DoL Board of Revi= ew gets through with his appeal.
>=20 > <http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=3Dmain.textpost&id=3D66f459f8-4d6b=
-452b-961a-6b80dc4830a1>
>=20 > However, I know nothing about how the battery assemblies were >=20 > subsequently tested. >=20
All of these people are reporting the story with the worst incompetence ima= ginable. According to Securaplane lead electronics designer, Leon wasn't ev= en supposed to be using the battery for the BCU testing when it exploded, h= e was supposed to be using an active load. He was NOT performing any kind o= f testing on the battery-period- he was there to acceptance test the BCU in= a way that did not require a live battery. Then the jackass, by his own ad= mission, left the BMS cabling disconnected during his so-called testing jus= t prior to the explosion. So all this junk about Leon discovering dangerous= battery technology is pure horse manure. You add up all the other stuff li= ke failing to inform the lead engineer of discrepancies in control drawings= (like he was supposed to), but making a big deal of it to immediate group = supervisors ( so he could be the big hero indispensable employee), the comp= laints about having to use a suspected damaged battery going unheeded immed= iately followed by the fire incident ( for the I told you so revenge), the = obvious affectation of remorse over not being able to extinguish the fire (= which I know he deliberately started but bit off more than he could chew )= , compounded by his screwy behavior, lack of cooperation , and outright dis= ruption of the root-cause analysis investigation and demonstration, and you= have yourself the typical sociopathic American worker. I've seen worse tha= n this actually. The only thing Securaplane did wrong was to be in total ig= norance of this kind of psychopathy and not firing this worthless bum soone= r. The group leaders, HR, and all else involved in catering to the pathetic= riffraff need to go, and it looks like they have since they're no longer a= t Securaplane.=20 This whole story about Boeing being warned earlier about how dangerous the = battery was is a creation of the press, most of whom are uneducated minimum= -wage drama queen trash, who don't have a clue in hell what they're talking= about.
On Monday, March 25, 2013 1:04:48 PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:

> > Re-read what the judge said about the way he behaved in the hearing. >
Yeah, the idiot self-confirmed all the allegations leveled against him by Securaplane.
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:01:31 -0700 (PDT), the renowned

Oh, for *** sake. Thanks for digging this stuff out. --sp Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
"Jeff Liebermann" <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:12:02 -0400, Neon John <no@never.com> wrote: > >>That's about the current that my small military APU drew during the >>~20 second starting cycle. Mine was a small one that I could pick up >>and carry around. I doubt the Boeing one is that small. >> >>John >>"get to know all your neighbors - fire off an APU in your back yard!" > > Ummm, was that a gas turbine APU? > <http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/standards/areas/apu.html> > Yep... you'll certainly attact plenty of attention with one of those. > > --
It is amazingly small. I used to know what the HP output for the turbine was. I wonder what the rating of the AC generator is? Looks like three phase. tm
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:01:31 -0700 (PDT),
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote:

(...)
Perhaps a photo might answer a few questions:
<http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/nappi11/imgs/3/d/3db96073.jpg>

--
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:29:21 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:01:31 -0700 (PDT), > > bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com wrote: > > > > (...) > > Perhaps a photo might answer a few questions: > > <http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/nappi11/imgs/3/d/3db96073.jpg> > > > > -- > > Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com > > 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com > > Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com > > Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Uh-huh, kind of out there in left field ...and not in a good way.